Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recent changes with world boss feedback.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recent changes with world boss feedback.

Hello there!

MY IGN in soal5367 and I play on the Philosopher's Way server. When I got World Boss today I noticed things looked a little off. I had arrived slightly late to the party, and things looked different, there was a new kind of reward system for one. Though the thing that caught my eye was everyone's damage was very wrong. Not only was it lower by a large margin but some players were not near the top when they should be. For example the current top player on the server, Sparta, was in 8th. I scratched it off to him showing up late but it had only been a few minutes late. And when I looked there were many players who shouldn't be in the higher ranks. One of which was a level 39 when most of the servers top 30 or so players were lvl 40. And I noticed a patern, all of them were mages. All the people above Sparta (the knight who is usually the top damager) were mages. And most of them usually weren't even in the top 10. At the end of the world boss, the mages stayed high ranked and sparta ended in 8th.

So I assume that the reduced damage thing was just buffing up the defense of the world boss for high level players who pretty much one shot the poor thing. I thought of a better solution, that allows lower end servers to stand a chance of beating the world boss and still letting the high tier servers have a good fight. Why not add 3 more world bosses with much higher stats (like the ones we saw today, perhaps slightly less biased to mages) that show up to fight AFTER the first 3 are defeated? Just let us keep the rewards for downing the first 3 and being in top 10, have it be like a second world boss event. And for low level servers, it can just be there for people who need extra gold. I know this would be somewhat difficult to implement or at least I assume it would, but it lets high level players have something to get from world boss and low level players will still bother to show up.
    Last edited by soal5367; 05-22-2015, 06:56 AM.

Well, It's just because mages have the dragon soul skills that allows them to do additional revive...
    I have observed the world boss' attack pattern, and it's like this:
    1st round : normal attack (very weak)
    2nd round : instant kill to all members in party
    3rd round : normal attack
    4th round : instant kill

As for mages case, they may have the skill that gives additional respawn from their dragon soul elements. That explains why they get to deal a lot more damage than others.
    That's my review about the case..

Comment

Not intentional. Though they'll probably never admit because if it was intentional they just ticked off 2/3rd's of the players. First off, it appears they were tweaking damage. PATK and MATK are separate forms of attack. As they were lowering how much damage is dealt they lowered it to far and either increased MATK and forgot to save while increasing PATK or the reverse. My damage output went from 80,000 - 100,000+ per hit to 4,000 - 7,000. I do twice as much damage as everyone else on the server save one guy; whom never logs on during world boss event. Thus, every single time I'm #1 by a margin of 100% or more. Yesterday, I dealt a bit over 200,000,000 damage to the WB's and we killed all 3 with 8 - 10 minutes to spare.

Today, I ranked #3 at 30 Million, and #1 was a guy who got near 40 Million who usually only gets around 80 Million. So where as damage was reduced by 100% for Mages; it was reduced by 600% for PATK players.

Also backing up the fact that Guild Bosses are now broken. As a developer I understand that world bosses and Guild bosses have their similarities in the code. It would have been one of the first things I checked after submitting my code to make sure there were not bugs. Apparently they did not check since it is broken. Which leads one to believe that the developer in charge is a novice at best and / or was extremely sloppy.

Do you guys even play test changes before implementing them? Seriously, the oversight on this is ridiculous. Amateur at best. If this is the quality to expect from a company owned by a billionaire whom employs over 1000 employees then I'm in the wrong line of work because my small team of web developers could stomp the ever living **** out of this company if this is the quality to be expected it from today's P2W game platforms.

Comment

As I stated I am on a new server, philosopher's way. The highest level player is 44.

Comment

Yeah, most of the top players tested this. The world boss has higher Pdef than Mdef, which really should be fixed, as it is unfair to any player using warrior /archer.

Comment

In comparison to what we would normally get before this change, I am getting about half of what i should. Not just lie 5% decrease, damage cut by 50%. I am a Warrior/Berserker and noticed the new WB favors the mages, than the archer leaving the warrior in the dust. Even after changing my party matrix, aegis and skills around several times, I am was still not getting anywhere near what I should be. I always did about twice as much damage as one specific person (an archer) and now the new setup, I was getting less than them. This means that everyone isn't affected equally.

I do like the new reward and shop system. Thumbs up to that. I do like the fact that WB isn't over in only 2 minutes. Thumbs up to that.

Overall, this got better on some points and went downhill on the other points.
            Shiny stuff makes me happy!!

S195 Fox's Inn
            JennAngel
            Level 85+

Comment

I agree with you JennAngel1983 an I am a Archer

Comment

i think they need to lurn to fix what they have brought out for new events and make sure they work be for changing something that was working just fine it never fells they change something and its always for mages never warriors or archers and its getting old i have been playing this game for over a year i coin very little but have tried to stay with it i have worked hard to get where i am at and for r2 or who ever changes things just makes ya want to stop play this ** game any more when its just for coiners and mages . so my ? to r2 or who ever when are you going to make a even macth between warroirs and archers and mages . not make it just for mages
                \

Comment

Much competitive WB, but it'll bring more fun if the imbalanced AoE attack skill will be removed.
                  IGN: HydrOn
                  SERVER: 61-Doomstone Forest

Comment

Originally posted by JennAngel1983 View Post
                    In comparison to what we would normally get before this change, I am getting about half of what i should. Not just lie 5% decrease, damage cut by 50%. I am a Warrior/Berserker and noticed the new WB favors the mages, than the archer leaving the warrior in the dust. Even after changing my party matrix, aegis and skills around several times, I am was still not getting anywhere near what I should be. I always did about twice as much damage as one specific person (an archer) and now the new setup, I was getting less than them. This means that everyone isn't affected equally.

I do like the new reward and shop system. Thumbs up to that. I do like the fact that WB isn't over in only 2 minutes. Thumbs up to that.

Overall, this got better on some points and went downhill on the other points.
                    Well its messed up, but i would say that archer dragon soul skill i havent triggered for last 3 weeks, not even once.. atleast for me.
                    Antifreeze
                    Citizen of s210 Fiery Citadel-ua83-ub43

Comment

Originally posted by soal5367 View Post
                      Hello there!

MY IGN in soal5367 and I play on the Philosopher's Way server. When I got World Boss today I noticed things looked a little off. I had arrived slightly late to the party, and things looked different, there was a new kind of reward system for one. Though the thing that caught my eye was everyone's damage was very wrong. Not only was it lower by a large margin but some players were not near the top when they should be. For example the current top player on the server, Sparta, was in 8th. I scratched it off to him showing up late but it had only been a few minutes late. And when I looked there were many players who shouldn't be in the higher ranks. One of which was a level 39 when most of the servers top 30 or so players were lvl 40. And I noticed a patern, all of them were mages. All the people above Sparta (the knight who is usually the top damager) were mages. And most of them usually weren't even in the top 10. At the end of the world boss, the mages stayed high ranked and sparta ended in 8th.

So I assume that the reduced damage thing was just buffing up the defense of the world boss for high level players who pretty much one shot the poor thing. I thought of a better solution, that allows lower end servers to stand a chance of beating the world boss and still letting the high tier servers have a good fight. Why not add 3 more world bosses with much higher stats (like the ones we saw today, perhaps slightly less biased to mages) that show up to fight AFTER the first 3 are defeated? Just let us keep the rewards for downing the first 3 and being in top 10, have it be like a second world boss event. And for low level servers, it can just be there for people who need extra gold. I know this would be somewhat difficult to implement or at least I assume it would, but it lets high level players have something to get from world boss and low level players will still bother to show up.
                      I didn't really get the last part, are you saying there should be 2 different world bosses?
                      Of course there's people who can grow higher than others by playing smart or simply spending but I don't agree with 2 world bosses for one simple reason, it's just like CoM, you don't have one for the best and one for the little ones. This game is about growing as fast as you can and the best way possible not about being pity of those who can't understand it or don't care. Pretty much everyone in my server has "quited" trying and whenever they have a doubt they come ask me (I'm 1st in my server).

About the real topic here: WB is very well done, apart the fact that "it has more mdef than pdef", I'm not sure about this as though I'm still the one getting the first place and I'm Berserker (although I have a trick to get more damage) but, if this is the case and it was done just to "nerf" specific over powered heros like SQ/FQ , herkules , claw ; well then it is the biggest mistake ever. As for example I have a guy on my server it's Mage and has Thunder so he's getting benefit for not having a patk hero lol?
                      It should definitly be fixed.

If the problem is the free SQ/FQ and they're scared others will be mad at their damage then they shouldn't have give her for free. And that's it

UPDATE
                      ~Someone in my alliance told me Warriors might hit less due to the Runes Skill which deals higher damage to non-warriors and WB being a warrior makes it impossible. Considering all the other classes hit harder (again I still haven't confirm this so I'm following what you're saying) then Warrior class is being prejudiced ALTHOUGH! Berserker is the only one with a final skill that ignores DEF (Fatal Blow) which can also be an advantage But yet again, it is still bad for Paladins and well Warriors overall
                      Last edited by nidju; 05-26-2015, 03:59 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X