No announcement yet.

helpin others with mpd

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have no idea how people function in this game anymore without Lord of Time and Power of Healing. With the sheer volume of things to do at specific times now, and needing another 2.5+ hours for blitzing, I dont think I could ever get everything done in a day without LoT, and the couple days I went without PoH while LoT was bugged... made me buy PoH individually, its just that much of a waste of gold to play the game without it. My store of banked HP from 9 months of having PoH disappeared in a weekend. This games nowhere near good enough to dedicate that much time in front of a keyboard doing it.

Comment

Originally posted by Barraind View Post
      I have no idea how people function in this game anymore without Lord of Time and Power of Healing. With the sheer volume of things to do at specific times now, and needing another 2.5+ hours for blitzing, I dont think I could ever get everything done in a day without LoT, and the couple days I went without PoH while LoT was bugged... made me buy PoH individually, its just that much of a waste of gold to play the game without it. My store of banked HP from 9 months of having PoH disappeared in a weekend. This games nowhere near good enough to dedicate that much time in front of a keyboard doing it.
      "Let them eat cake"

There ARE people who don't pay for SC or any features in it, don't pay for VIP, or never paid any real-world money nor received any sponsored balens at all, but still doing decent. The best free player I've seen so far is about 2.1M BR. It's reasonable to ask a 2M player to help weaker players through dungeons if that doesn't cost them millions of gold for extra HP, but unreasonable to ask them to waste 1-3M gold per help request. Consider DI as the best example. It's not a tough run for anyone with 2M+ BR, but because of the HP refill issue, all those "more competitive" free players refuse to help any DI run on any day at any time. Plus some 20% of the big guys on my server ignore any and all help requests & refuse to run with or assist anyone outside of their fixed group, the burden is always on the few of us. And refusal to help hurts server population & player relationship as well. Many decent players started late or did poorly to begin with. Their bad experience with those who became strong early on had led to tons of drama & grudge. We had gone through the embarrassing situation of having multiple partial groups trying to run the same dungeon but none was willing to run with each other for some unfavorable historical reasons. These are not top players, but what each server needs is not a few top players who come & go at random times but a larger pool of qualified players who can do runs with most people & can keep playing for 3+ years.

Comment

I have never used SC in my WT career. VIP is more than I am willing to pay to R2 for this laggy lump of fossilized dinosaur excreta. I have not had any problems with gold for hp ever since I hit L80, but then again, I play a glass cannon mage, so I don't have that much hp to begin with.

I help my guildies all the time and even other guilds. EF doesn't deplete my hp bar all that much any more, so it is usually just the time factor. However, one thing I will NOT do is help a specific set of people, the original players of another guild, who had threatened to hunt me down and ra.pe and murder me in real life. The whole server at the time knew about it because they did it over the world chat. Of course, R2 did nothing about it, even though I complained, and had the gall to send me a message after 2 weeks, saying that since I didn't say anything, they consider it closed, because those guys are high rollers.

Is that the kind of "history" you are talking about, R-numbers?

Comment

I enjoy helping others in runs, I don't want paid for it and don't expect it. But..I do agree the amount of hp that is used can be expensive at times which does create a problem for myself and others. It would be nice if there were a way to over come this little problem.

Comment

Easier fix would be make hp not being used when without attempt, getting gold for helping will lead to people making alts and running nether forest or using bots to run di, we all know how this would end.

Comment

You can only run DI twice per day, with or without attempts. Problem doesn't exist.

Comment

Working...
              X