[Finished] Emergency Maintenance 9 November 2015

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by R212396167 View Post
    You really think they're going to fix any of that? Not a chance.
    They will add more bugs that is, until you can finally get back on the game and realize everything in your mail
    and inventory goes missing, and we're seriously fudged once and for all
    Last edited by Imonseph; 11-09-2015, 10:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by R212396167 View Post
      What brilliant timing, right at world boss. And no advance notice at all.

And why are all the much more important bugs, like the lack of arena rewards and the "hide other objects" debacle, not being fixed?
      First, I'm going to interrupt this unscheduled screeching of mine to say "thank you" for someone actually doing something to get an event (we hope!) fixed.

But, must add to this...why is today so much different for emergency maintenance? All those major bugs and issues have been here since the new patch. You mean it's taken this long to have someone suddenly need this mid-day? And nothing else?

Good teams of coders have "lessons learned" meetings. Honestly, they do. I've sat in on some. The "lesson learned" here, as it should have been for so very many past patches, upgrades, and fixes, is that you have to test the code before you implement it on customers/consumers. THIS maintenance, and all the drama and grief in these forums recently, and so very much else we have still yet to see, was and is almost entirely unnecessary if proper procedure was in place. Maybe...just maybe...as much as 5% of this stuff would still have been required.

The other thing this appears to show the players is the coders don't really understand what they're doing. Oh, they probably are great coders. But, you're putting them in to code for a game they don't play and don't understand. Why is this important? Well, how do you build a good test of something you don't understand at all? Answer: You Don't!

Again, I'm never going to be unhappy or ungrateful for a fix being implemented...and I hope this is a proper one. But, seriously, can we please get off this treadmill by having appropriate and rigorous testing done with correct methodology before any more bad code patches are inflicted on us all? If folks are really sorry we have to have this (and other) maintenance, they won't create the drama and emergencies that require it so often. I surely didn't shoehorn in such faulty and untested code. Neither did the mods here. That leaves...well, you can figure that out for yourselves, I know.

Comment

I really like that Cupcake .
        Good thing you are doing something. Please don't just read our complains and keep changing things to better. =)
        I'm yours. You own me, but I rule.
        BLAИK from s608 GUILD: DeathNote

Comment

Originally posted by MsKink View Post
          they think ''fudge yall cows, oh and give us your money, thanks, and fudge you again''
          Well said

Comment

I agree with what others are saying. Some of the game has become unplayable or has been degraded to where it's no longer entertaining, even for a free player like myself. So thanks for fixing ToK.
            What about not seeing my spells in arena duels?
            What about fixing the hide button which is almost everywhere?
            What about cloud adventure...It was fun but post-patch who wants to fight themselves a dozen times to get to the end and get a coin?
            What about arena match tiers not working?
            What about the lack of fun mini-games and the rewards from them that we relied on?

You guys have a lot of homework to do in order to fix your game. I'm not giving you all of the answers.
            If you do not fix these items then that's more time I'll be able to give to your competition.

Comment

As me doing guild blessing, me get shop items (soul crystals), also those items you can buy in shop for balens, but can,t understand why here double standarts? Why i must buy sc for balens, but sell it for 1 gold? why not same currency for both sides for R2 scamers and players? Why selling price 1 gold, but not 1 balen?

Comment

how about nine million in gold and daru lost from wb

Comment

How about the duel "skip" button? What happened to being able to fight. Not to mention the skip button don't even work.

Comment

[/QUOTE]Allow me to thank you in advance for replacing my coveted 22m gold from wb with 3 exp scrolls, some daru, sigs and soul crystals,, oh yea, and about 300k gold.. ,,l,,[/QUOTE]

22 mil gold? on our server since server merge we won't get 3 mil out of WB this included BUFFS and Scroll Use we only can attack 1,5 time
                    Last edited by Blazertown; 11-09-2015, 10:47 AM.

Comment

wow fast movement by devs on which r2 is getting hurt and nothing on the topics which are hurting the players and gameplay. and R2 always put players first

Comment

Originally posted by Beautyexitou View Post
                        I really like that Cupcake .
                        Good thing you are doing something. Please don't just read our complains and keep changing things to better. =)
                        Idk what you're worried about, they don't even read out complaints, so no point to kiss their *** when they finally do something they shoulda prevented needing to do in the first place by being smart and giving a damn
                        Pyranthos
                        S372 Spirit Divide
                        Mage : 5.4m br and climbing

Comment

Humans! Do you not understand? Spend more balens humans!
                          the only reason and i repeat only reason for emergency maintenance is someone found a good exploit, r2 could care less about cupcaking tok, so they are taking the game down to fix an exploit, heaven forbid somone got something for nothing.

there are so many things wrong with 5.1 optomized "humans spend more balens" than they can shake sticks at, and they are pretty good at shaking sticks, not so good at copy and paste...

Comment

Originally posted by R2140313457 View Post
                            How about the duel "skip" button? What happened to being able to fight. Not to mention the skip button don't even work.
                            You still can fight pressing skill on keyboard you just don't see them, just found out by accident

Comment

hope this main will not increase the lag more and more

wartune is number 1 awarded for lag

Comment

Originally posted by Blazertown View Post
                                22 mil gold? on our server since server merge we won't get 3 mil out of WB this included BUFFS and Scroll Use we only can attack 1,5 time
                                Well, thats bb boosted since they've all but forced my hand if i want to be able to afford hf and enchants. And my server population keeps going down with people quitting thx to the lvl of sheer ignorance and apathy r2/7roads has been displaying, so my personal portion of wb coin is decent, but still pale in comparison to how ab was.
                                Pyranthos
                                S372 Spirit Divide
                                Mage : 5.4m br and climbing

Comment

Working...
                                X