Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Compensation gift??

Hey

I guess i'm not only one who didn't get this compensation gift today on mail? What's wrong with it some people got and some not? Do we get them or not?

Nope, I didn't get them either..
    We need more details exactly how this compensation come about.. maybe at server time 05:00 in hot events?
    Or does it registers into the player mail once they login again the next day?...

Comment

It was in Hot Events, not sent via mail.

R2 took it down when they realise they goofed and gave it to everyone instead of just new servers.

It is NOT a compensation pack. It was supposed to be rewards for Legends of Balenor for new servers.

Comment

Originally posted by AdaJames View Post
        It was in Hot Events, not sent via mail.

R2 took it down when they realise they goofed and gave it to everyone instead of just new servers.

It is NOT a compensation pack. It was supposed to be rewards for Legends of Balenor for new servers.
        Yea, now the kingly and loyal steed made sense..
        Sighs, just too bad I missed the collection of the rewards :/
        Funny how this sounds, but the devs are always afraid to reward players,
        unless they pay for it

Comment

So, R2 messed up, they should have left it on to make it fair for all players, just not for a select few who was on at that time.

Comment

Would that mean my characters will be banned or rolled back after getting such a "bonus"?
            Vicious! Approach with Caution!
            Because some noob has called me such and had said it so
            Mobile Strike Player: Base 1102 / Com 550 / 672* Power / VIP 1300
            Dissidia Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia: Rank 60

Comment

i got a ticket about it the r2 rep said r2 devs will be posting a offical report what happened on monday

why monday?

isnt any 1 around from r2 to do it over weekend

Comment

They are, if there happened to be a game braking bug that favors the players of course. The real reason is most likly typing up something that makes sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Xharry005x View Post
                  i got a ticket about it the r2 rep said r2 devs will be posting a offical report what happened on monday

why monday?

Monday morning usually companies have coordination meetings. So they need to synchronize first

It is hard to tell us - "return the rewards", especially if we sold the 4,999 bb pack for 500 gold.

Comment

Just cant think of those people as business company...i imagine some drunk fellows smoking weed and having fun. In any other business venture this staff was going to be fired already after all those fiascos through the years.

Comment

Originally posted by Xharry005x View Post

why monday?

It takes time for the monkey with the typewriter to come up with something that is coherent. Even longer if you want it to produce the complete works of Shakespeare.

Comment

since the extra comp packs were sent out by mistake, they COULD temp ban every account that had claimed the rewards & require support to remove such items manually. however, the combined content of all 4 packs are very tiny comparing to the amount of support overhead required to revert it, & most (although not all) items could be easily obtained for free, so I highly doubt they would bother doing it, especially by the fact that Oceanic & European servers saw them for quite some hours before they finally took it down at around 2am EDT.

it's certainly a mess-up on publisher side, but it's not illegal or violation of their ToS to take it down at at any time. these comp packs were not announced as a site-wide event. they were not obligated to honor it to servers older than 30 days. besides, they already took down events without announcement any ways. the patch on Nov-5th took down a few small events (let the battles begin & tanks trial, for example) that they claimed to last until after November 5th. i don't seem to see any complaints about taking away those events. maybe they were just small, or maybe it's because the nerf was global.

it's not fair to all players because some saw the packs much earlier & had quite a few hours to claim them, and some stayed online at midnight & they got it before it was taken down. on the other hand, it's sort of a reward for staying active & playing in a timezone (especially Oceanic) that frequently got the shaft when maintenance happened overnight for the other timezones. it's similar to an airline ticket misprice. an airline could make a mistake & have advertised a round trip to Paris for $19.99 between midnight & 2am, & hundreds of people could have booked their tickets at this price before it was corrected at 2am. the airline needs to honor this price to those who had already paid their fare before the correction, but needs not give it to anyone who came late. not a good analogy because airline ticketing is literally a sale while this particular wartune hot event is not, but you got the idea.

I personally wouldn't brag about getting the pack or asking them to remove it from those who had gotten it. it's same way I wouldn't regret on not staying online at midnight to get an unusual airline deal. the "lucky ones" are willing to stay up after midnight or play on a server with more maintenance interruption; they get what they had worked hard for.

PS. my main is on PDT server while my secondary is on EDT server, so my alt got it while my main didn't. but that is ok with me.

Comment

Working...
                        X