Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the most tragic story you have heard? (real stories, real people)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the most tragic story you have heard? (real stories, real people)

To kick off the holiday season, I wanted to share the worst story I have heard from someone playing this game, and ask you to do the same .

When I was a new player on a new server, there was a group of 4 cashers battling over the top spot on the server. One of them was in my guild, until he announced that he had to quit playing. His story - one time he got drunk while he was playing, and in a moment of rage, he spent every dollar to his name on the game (a few thousand dollars). He kept playing, in denial of the consequences of what he did. Then a couple of weeks later, he spent his entire next paycheck on the game. Again, he ignored the consequences, kept playing, until once again, he got drunk and spent his next paycheck on the game - and he needed that paycheck to avoid eviction and pay his overdue child support.

I think that story is worse than the one about a player who went around asking for someone to take care of her character for the next 6 months. She would not be able to play because she was going to jail for 6 months for stealing a credit card to spend money on the game.

... so what's the worst story you have heard.

once upon a time there was an Ugly Barnacle. he was so ugly then everyone died. The End.
    Originally posted by Wraithraiser
    Welcome to R2 forums. Where quality is nonexistent and quantity is only measured in the number of whines a single day can produce.

Comment

the story of naïve young jesse (me)

starting wartune

such a fool i was
      IGN/Server: Crusader Kabam 62
      Class: Archer
      Battle Rating: 275k (with herc br)

Guild: Black Lotus
      Sylph: Hercules ★★ 46968
      but yeah. Robo_Hobo for presidente

Comment

Originally posted by Brutal_Hobo View Post
        starting wartune

daaamn, that gives me nightmares. im not planning on sleeping tonight anyway.
        Welcome to R2 forums. Where quality is nonexistent and quantity is only measured in the number of whines a single day can produce.

Comment

Yeah people will spend, forgetting there are other things they need to do before splurging their money. I haven't spent a dime on this game the way it is, and I don't believe in chucking money away on something that is broken. That's not my style. Sure, I can drop 500-1k USD easily if I want, but why? I rather spend that on a game that will give me the best of returns (not only to a payer as myself, but to everyone as well --- that's how referrals are made and how people spend).

But, going to one-up that story with another. Relationships. I knew two people through Facebook, and both play the game (2 years ago, on a different server). In that time, it was people asking others (how can you ask a stranger online to be their boyfriend/girlfriend is way beyond me) so they can get married on the game. Well, these two didn't spend, but always do things together that sometimes I join them to complete the arena (when it was 3v3) or come with them during Spire/ToK/MPD runs by bringing a sidekick along. Anyways, long story short, another person came into their lives and was flirting with the girl. The guy wasn't jealous at first, since they were living together at the time. However, the girl was doing things behind the guy's back with this other dude (guess he convinced her or something), and the guy found out. They got into a fight and to fix it, boot the guy from the guild. However, it didn't end there as the girl kept talking to the guy until one day she just call it quits and left. The guy quit playing the game and handed the guild to me, which I handed to another person since I was on the verge of quitting because of the monotony of the game (at that time).

This is why I never have any relationships when playing an online game, and will never get into one while playing. Too much drama.
          Vicious! Approach with Caution!
          Because some noob has called me such and had said it so
          Mobile Strike Player: Base 1102 / Com 550 / 672* Power / VIP 1300
          Dissidia Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia: Rank 60

Comment

I bet my best friend he couldnt eat a grenade with the pin pulled out. Lost ten bucks and a friend. Tragic (sarc off)

Comment

Originally posted by R2111470937 View Post
              When I was a new player on a new server, there was a group of 4 cashers battling over the top spot on the server. One of them was in my guild, until he announced that he had to quit playing. His story - one time he got drunk while he was playing, and in a moment of rage, he spent every dollar to his name on the game (a few thousand dollars). He kept playing, in denial of the consequences of what he did. Then a couple of weeks later, he spent his entire next paycheck on the game. Again, he ignored the consequences, kept playing, until once again, he got drunk and spent his next paycheck on the game - and he needed that paycheck to avoid eviction and pay his overdue child support.
              I wouldn't call that tragic. I'd call that stupid.

Tragic are the handful of prominent and well-liked people that have passed on too early from this life that were great players and guild-mates in this game - not someone who spends their savings in a drunken rage and can't pay child support.

Comment

Working...
              X