• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pro's and Con for merging the Eastern servers

Think I'll start with pro's.

PRO:
    More available resources
    A better sengolia(depending on whether someone tries to end fast or not)
    More help in events(depending if someone is hogging everything or not)
    More chat, new friends
    Better LG(hopefully)

lol probably a bunch more but cant think of a lot of pro's

CON:
    More useless drama
    Drama with who gets gotor
    Would lag more in events
    We wouldn't get as much items as we would in public dungeon or not enough crude stones.
    Would be crowded during invaders
    Upgrade rate will most likely decrease
    Guild wars probably
    Spawn killers in lvl10 public dungeon b/c of guild wars/drama
    Treasure Trove will be filled up so less of whatever item(s) you're farming.
    iob would be a disaster
    A bunch of laggy players crowding two banes in avernal( Could be seen as a pro as well for the players who want a challenge)
    More tree harvesters in Wrangle.
    More competition in crypt.(also can be seen as a pro)
    Chat flooded with insults
    Prices will go up
    Chance that Treasure Trove just ends up being a war zone which can interrupt the farmers in there
    1-3 players will basically hog all the mobs in Public Dungeon
    More chamber 9 campers
    Players hogging rb world bosses so their enemies dun get em.

Just wanted to show u guys since ya'll been itching for a server merge.
    Now I'm not saying these will all truly happen but most of these probably will.
    Why is bacon called bacon and cookies called cookies when you bake cookies and cook bacon

so u are listing all things wich make server alive as con...weird. its rare we get enough ppl up to spawn crypt boss, wb usually not even full or just none kills it. in trove...well its pvp, strongest/fastest gets reward. it not suppose to be farmville
    In avernal there is like 5 ppl doing it, half alts. Lower 1 is empty... Guild war would be lots of fun and gives reason to keep upgrading. In wrangle fastets get tree, not such of big deal, thats how its planned to be. Public dungeon? ...so farm im been doing it alone, it suppose to be pvp event as well duh
    More lagg for sure but it doesnt matter, id take lagg instead of boredom. Gotor?...yeah, someone gotta kill it, right? it suppose to be battle as well. Right now someone kills it if remember

so im not seeing anything bad about merging, those things belong in game. It suppose to be pvp servers after all...thats why most of uss play there

Comment

Wasn't talkin about the crypt boss but yeah that would be a pro since it rarely spawns. In the matter of TT, I was talking about the players who dont go to L6 and just farm other items such as master hammers or small treasure. You must be on a different server than I am b/c theres about 10 of us who join and 2 of them spawn kill. By now most alts and mains have death oder so it would just make avernal harder for everyone. High attack speed isn''t 100% guaranteed in avernal now that theres death oder. You can say Public Dungeon is meant for pvp but r2 showed a bad way of showing that on L10 since u cant really fight back after dying once.

But yeah,you're pretty much right about some of the other events.

Comment

I think the biggest issue in fairness of Merge East to West is : What should the events time be?
        We are all accustomed to events in our server time, do we really want our events to be 3 hrs earlier (or 3 hrs later)?

My suggestion is much harder to implement, and might have many smaller details to work out:
        When you login, you get a choice of East or West server group to connect to.
        So every toon can choose to go fight on East or West (and exists in both).

If there are events that we feel a toon should not participate in both, we can limit by number of entries (like those for IOB, Public Dungeon).

Do we care if a toon particpate in wrangle in both sides and get twice the reward?
        I'll say no, if they are active, let them get more reward, but buff timers (like those for Seng and Avernal) can be used if we want to limit rewards.
        ie. Once you get reward, you get teleported out with a buff lasting several hours before you can re-enter.

I can't think of other events to abuse, but we can surely work out something to prevent it.

Comment

Originally posted by sisland9 View Post
          I think the biggest issue in fairness of Merge East to West is : What should the events time be?
          We are all accustomed to events in our server time, do we really want our events to be 3 hrs earlier (or 3 hrs later)?

My suggestion is much harder to implement, and might have many smaller details to work out:

If there are events that we feel a toon should not participate in both, we can limit by number of entries (like those for IOB, Public Dungeon).

Do we care if a toon particpate in wrangle in both sides and get twice the reward?
          I'll say no, if they are active, let them get more reward, but buff timers (like those for Seng and Avernal) can be used if we want to limit rewards.
          ie. Once you get reward, you get teleported out with a buff lasting several hours before you can re-enter.

I can't think of other events to abuse, but we can surely work out something to prevent it.
          first they need to merge all pvp east, theres been 2 server groups around year without merge

Comment

Originally posted by sisland9 View Post

But wouldn't that mean some players could easily just do both of the same events like win crypt on both servers or have two IoB's?

Comment

Originally posted by R233264282 View Post
              But wouldn't that mean some players could easily just do both of the same events like win crypt on both servers or have two IoB's?
              i see your point sisland. but here is the problem. This would benefit the majority of the high players. Like you. I bet you if R2 made a event on speed all the top players including mew. would be in top 10. (Mew holds the record for 1k+ Movement speed No Hacks or glitches. Proven time and time again) What benefit would the lower non cashers get? None. i want you to answer that.
              Kabam Wartune's own (S7)Lunatic 2m BR.
              R2 Crystal Saga's own (S91) Stealther-

Forum rules are here

How to access and file a ticket.
              Need to check a ticket?
              How to access the mobile support link? It should be through the links they provide.

Comment

Originally posted by kyriohassami View Post
                i see your point sisland. but here is the problem. This would benefit the majority of the high players. Like you. I bet you if R2 made a event on speed all the top players including mew. would be in top 10. (Mew holds the record for 1k+ Movement speed No Hacks or glitches. Proven time and time again) What benefit would the lower non cashers get? None. i want you to answer that.
                How do you know that he/she is actually the fastest? I've seen multiple players who have over 1k MSand there is a limit to how much spd you can aquire so other players can also reach that amount since you cant just keep upgrading your ms.

I wasn't trying to support that players can go to both server times and win both events. So I can't answer that question since I'm arguing against it as well.

Comment

Good post. thanks you for posting this. big help

Comment

Alright let's make something clear here, the issue is not as simple as "which timezone do we use". In order to merge not only All PvP East (As that was the original topic of discussion), but all of PvP in general, your talking about million of lines of code at the very least that the devs would have to sift through in order to make this happen. And that's just the existing code.... Your talking about removing lines of existing code, editing lines of existing code, and adding new lines of code. The issue is not as simple as you would all make it out to be..... And with the understaffed development team, this task could take months (if REALLY lucky), but most likely years. There is a reason that when servers are merged, they are merged within their particular subset of servers (ie. PvE East to PvE East). That is also the reason why when R2 takes over another websites CS servers they are usually added to a Server subset that is the same as when they existed on the original website. This change is unlikely to happen as it would take WAY to much time with the very little resources they have at their disposal.
                    Last edited by Beepuddylan; 10-26-2016, 01:56 AM. Reason: Spelling
                    Game:Crystal Saga
                    Server:S58 Holorn Cliff
                    IGN:S58-AquaShock
                    Level: 198-Eidolon
                    Class: Knight
                    Guild: (S6)Insidious

"Stay away from negative people. They have a problem for every solution"
                    -Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by Beepuddylan View Post
                      Alright let's make something clear here, the issue is not as simple as "which timezone do we use". In order to merge not only All PvP East (As that was the original topic of discussion), but all of PvP in general, your talking about million of lines of code at the very least that the devs would have to sift through in order to make this happen. And that's just the existing code.... Your talking about removing lines of existing code, editing lines of existing code, and adding new lines of code. The issue is not as simple as you would all make it out to be..... And with the understaffed development team, this task could take months (if REALLY lucky), but most likely years. There is a reason that when servers are merged, they are merged within their particular subset of servers (ie. PvE East to PvE East). That is also the reason why when R2 takes over another websites CS servers they are usually added to a Server subset that is the same as when they existed on the original website. This change is unlikely to happen as it would take WAY to much time with the very little resources they have at their disposal.

I like how u always talk about R2 Devs in every single post u do, they suck, get over it.
                      'Do transformers get car or life insurance?'

Comment

Originally posted by xPrototypeT View Post
                        I like how u always talk about R2 Devs in every single post u do, they suck, get over it.
                        I love how you make a comment that isn't actually true... Get over yourself...... Your trying to cause an issue when there doesn't need to be one. Kindly ignore me if you don't like what I have to say.
                        Game:Crystal Saga
                        Server:S58 Holorn Cliff
                        IGN:S58-AquaShock
                        Level: 198-Eidolon
                        Class: Knight
                        Guild: (S6)Insidious

"Stay away from negative people. They have a problem for every solution"
                        -Albert Einstein

Comment

actually pvp and pve r coded into every server. its pvp on pvp off type of thing before they launch. im sure the time zones r the same. already coded in every server. it wouldnt be as hard as u claim it to be

Comment

Originally posted by Jabus View Post
                            actually pvp and pve r coded into every server. its pvp on pvp off type of thing before they launch. im sure the time zones r the same. already coded in every server. it wouldnt be as hard as u claim it to be
                            Server times can't be changed... it'd really messup the servers players...But they prob can change them if they wanted... PVP/PVE I don't know though...
                            Last edited by Sagittarius001; 10-27-2016, 08:16 PM.
                            IGN: (CS1) (S80)Tannlaus LV178 Eidolon Rogue
                            Prom I wings... so expensive... especially if you keep forgettin corrupt :D
                            Kamikaze Member
                            Somany systems...so little time...
                            If you wanna know why I went with a Rogue well... Stealth is good for lurking in chat while still runnin through SG :cool:

Comment

Originally posted by Beepuddylan View Post
                              I love how you make a comment that isn't actually true... Get over yourself...... Your trying to cause an issue when there doesn't need to be one. Kindly ignore me if you don't like what I have to say.
                              You could of always ignored me in the first place lol :P

They reallyyyyyyyyyyyyyy do.

Trump could do better
                              'Do transformers get car or life insurance?'

Comment

Working...
                              X