No announcement yet.

Who has advantage in knighthood skills?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who has advantage in knighthood skills?

Which class have most benefits in new skills from knighthood and which class is worst in it? Talents are not included I mean just on skills? Wanna hear opinions.
    Thank you

Archer best.

Other two are just archer wannabes. Mages got it in the butt the hardest as they lost EVERYTHING, while still having the worst damage skills.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowl92 View Post
      Which class have most benefits in new skills from knighthood and which class is worst in it? Talents are not included I mean just on skills? Wanna hear opinions.
      Thank you
      By talents do you mean passives?

Archer > Knight > Mage

Some say that knight is superior to archer, I've played both, and imo archer is a lot better.

Comment

Mage skills are the worse.

Archer is op in pvp now, low rage use for aoe skill

Knight, had a high patk skill for bosses, but needs 100 rage.
        ING: Eukkie changed name to â€*Evilâ€*Witchâ€*, changed it back to Eukkie
        Server: S444 Silent Arena
        Char: Knight
        Lvl: 80
        Br: 6m and crowing.
        Main Sylph: Arise
        Guard: Oracle

Comment

One on one pvp, knights may have the biggest advantage - their 2 standard attacks are best suited for single combat, and their passives can practically give permanent sylph awakening. More generally, I'd say archers have the best combo of skills, and they're irreplaceable in pve like DI. No question mages have it worst in everything, though.

Comment

Archer skills are nice, but you should consider that archers have the lowest BR after knighthood. They even lose HP, plus no defense boosts at all, while mages have some huge 30% MDEF bonus. Stats loss isnt neglectable.

Comment

Originally posted by TheConqueror1 View Post
              Archer skills are nice, but you should consider that archers have the lowest BR after knighthood. They even lose HP, plus no defense boosts at all, while mages have some huge 30% MDEF bonus. Stats loss isnt neglectable.
              -Archerst get +30% in extra crit dmg, so when they crit they do 30% more dmg (lets say a crit hit is up to 240% regular dmg, 100%+50% regular crit+ 60% astral crit+30% KH pasive).
              Also archers have 2 great pusives, up to 90% dmg buff and a 60% damage debuff for enemy. So they are very dmg dealers.

-Knight have the weakest AOE, 280% (archers got 400%- but pasives activets to do lot more dmg and only cost 30 rage- and mages 560%) Knight pasives sux, save one that can do up to +170% dmg but only 20% chance. Knight Delph is very strong but cost too much rage, 100.

Comment

This is actually a tough one for me to answer because starting rage/rage generation, player stats and player build play a large part in it also. No point in having a great skill set if you don't have the rage to use them. And with the titans skills interference, they've really trashed some of the advantage knights and mages had with early sylphing.
                My knights passive often let me sylph on the second round, or third round at the latest. Now I'm ready to sylph on the second round but can't pop till the 3rd round and I still have to wait till the 4th to get a skill off due to waiting on the titan skills to go off. Same for mages and their delph. By the time you can pop, everyone else is too, whether they are knighted or not.

Archers are the most flexible, especially with the reduction in knighthood requirements. Once they meet both tatoo requirements, they can switch from path to path with ease and no need to change stats/gems/etc.
                - Their shot path does decent single target damage (560%) with a good low rage aoe (400%). Best of all, their passives have a 20% (up to 35% for rage) chance of activating with each crit (for minor extra rage, minor awakening points, stackable group damage boosting buff, and target damage received buff).
                - Their survive path is a pvp threshing machine. You get two full aoes(210% and 260%), one guaranteed to remove 3 buffs from each enemy and the other that reduces the enemy's damage dealt for 2 turns. The delphic removes 2400 awakening points and deals 350% damage. The passives have a 20% chance when dealing damage to reduce rage, self healing, or stackable damage over time.

Knights are far less flexible since one path is pure defense and the other is offense but by far have the best rage generation which gives them an advantage. And to maximize the benefit of either path you have to your attack or defense to match the path.
                - Their Fury path has the highest single target delphic of all 3 classes (750%), a decent aoe (280% with a 3 turn bleed), and an awakening point stealing skill. All their passives have a 20% chance of activating, but they give the highest return in rage (30), awakening points (800), damage boost (170%). I ignore the healing reduction one since all the other passives are more useful. The damage boost actually activates far more than 20%, especially with the delphic, from my personal experience (In DI, I delph each boss 1 time and out of the 20 delphics, 2 might not get the boost).
                - Their Def path for me is useless. The only time I can see using this is for a party cross server event. All the passives have a 20% chance to activate with each BLOCK. With only 2 very weak attacks, the other actives are about shielding and damage reduction for the party. This path would require a major change to my gear to get my block and defense up high enough for the passives to do any good and would be useless for 90% of my runs.

Mages, like knights, are less flexible since one path is pure offense and the other is pure support (healing). They also got the worst deal in rage generation but are compensated by having the the best % damage to rage ratio.
                - Their Arcane path has a 30 rage single target spell that deals 530% damage and boosts the damage the target receives by 30% for 2 turns. They have the highest damage aoe (560% for 80 rage) and a second aoe (280% for 10 rage). The delphic used to be the main selling point until titans came and screwed the mechanics of the first 3 rounds of the fight. Their passives can reduce awakening points, damage received, removal of buffs from the enemy, and resistance reduction.
                - The Restoration line is the mage equivalent of the knights def path except instead of shielding it's healing. Again, a pretty useless path except in group cs events. Good news is that unlike knights you don't have to change your gear's focus to maximize the skills on this tree.

Overview:
                1v1 pvp - Knight (Fury)
                Group pvp - Archer (Survive) but Shot is a close second
                PVE - All but Knight (Def) and Mage (Restoration)
                Last edited by R2138739441; 06-11-2016, 07:33 PM.

Comment

skill wise, archer was, still is, and will probably always be the class getting the (theoretically) best skills around.
                  having played all 3 classes until max level (level 10 Dragon Master), archer is the only class with no useless regular skills.
                  after KH, both knight and mage would have to suffer for half the activities, because they can only attack or defend, but not both at the same time.
                  archer, on the other hand, can only attack or debuff, and their debuff skills can still do decent damage, so they don't lose much ability than before.
                  my biggest complaint is that they changed bloodsucker from active to passive, which basically turns a skill that I can schedule at the right moment into a regen astral that happens at the wrong moment for most of the time.
                  and i really don't like that only one path can be active at a time. they should permit both paths to be activated, even if that means the skills are significantly weakened. that's my universal complaint irrespective to class.
                  mage has the worst KH skills for sure. there's no doubt to that. their skill tree looks least promising, and in practice their performance matches that.
                  have been helped by all 3 classes at 10 million br. the mage took the longest time and we almost didn't make it for some instances. the other 2 classes don't seem to have such problem.
                  in practice, it's arguable if there's a universal standard for "best".
                  now i play actively on an archer's server (most actives are archers, top guy is archer, i'm archer), and mainly socialize on a knights and mages' server (top archer is ranked below 10).
                  all top players are knighted. DI and spire run faster with archer than knight or mage, but equal-br knights and archers don't seem to have major difference in wb, for an unknown reason.

Comment

Originally posted by R2138739441 View Post
                    ...with the titans skills interference, they've really trashed some of the advantage knights and mages had with early sylphing...
                    They should seriously consider adding the option to equip or unequip each titan, instead of having it auto-cast no matter they are needed or not.
                    We could equip and unequip runes before. Why not the titans? And most would be very ok with the stats loss for unequipping a titan when it's not needed.
                    Plus, the titan panel covers the back row and shows detailed info to the opponents, which is just awful.

...Archers are the most flexible...
                    It's more like, archers are more rigid to begin with, so with KH, they don't lose as much flexibility/ability as the other two do.
                    Many people didn't like to be archer for their lack of flexibility/customizability.
                    But KH is a much more rigid system than the old skill system, so archer becomes the only one that doesn't have to suffer.

Knights...by far have the best rage generation...
                    As always

...The damage boost actually activates far more than 20%, especially with the delphic, from my personal experience (In DI, I delph each boss 1 time and out of the 20 delphics, 2 might not get the boost).
                    omg...nerf hammer ahead of ya!!!

...All the passives have a 20% chance to activate with each BLOCK...This path would require a major change to my gear to get my block and defense up high enough for the passives to do any good and would be useless for 90% of my runs.
                    Knights are supposed to use block, so if you don't use it, you aren't making full use of your class.
                    The problem I see is, lots knight skills are geared towards PvP, but block is basically useless for PvP.
                    Your block has to be higher than your opponent's penetration for it to have full effect, but because there's no limit on penetration, there's no way to always guarantee you would have enough block to ensure a decent proc rate.

Comment

Originally posted by R238423534 View Post
                      Knights are supposed to use block, so if you don't use it, you aren't making full use of your class.
                      The problem I see is, lots knight skills are geared towards PvP, but block is basically useless for PvP.
                      Your block has to be higher than your opponent's penetration for it to have full effect, but because there's no limit on penetration, there's no way to always guarantee you would have enough block to ensure a decent proc rate.
                      I don't know that knights really benefit from block more than any other class. Well, too be fair, in class advancement(and before) they get a passive that reflect incoming damage with no cap, so it is quite powerful. After KH seems about the same as every other class, no?

Edit - There's also the 3k heal... if you count that.

Comment

Originally posted by Alsatia01 View Post
                        I don't know that knights really benefit from block more than any other class. Well, too be fair, in class advancement(and before) they get a passive that reflect incoming damage with no cap, so it is quite powerful. After KH seems about the same as every other class, no?

Edit - There's also the 3k heal... if you count that.
                        The direct "benefit" is just the 3k block heal and deflection talent.
                        I believe someone said old talents are still in effect. They are just not visible. I can't verify this though.

Block is a stat useful only when you get hit.
                        Knight is supposedly the tank. They would get hit more often than the other two.
                        It's not because knight gets a ton of extras from block.
                        It's because knight gets hit more often, which means they have higher need for it.

Comment

Originally posted by R238423534 View Post
                          The direct "benefit" is just the 3k block heal and deflection talent.
                          I believe someone said old talents are still in effect. They are just not visible. I can't verify this though.

Block is a stat useful only when you get hit.
                          Knight is supposedly the tank. They would get hit more often than the other two.
                          It's not because knight gets a ton of extras from block.
                          It's because knight gets hit more often, which means they have higher need for it.
                          If you choose the defense tree, all 4 passives are based on block. So at least in theory, still pretty important for knights.

Comment

Originally posted by MrFancyPants View Post
                            If you choose the defense tree, all 4 passives are based on block. So at least in theory, still pretty important for knights.
                            Yeah after KH knights rely more on block. My response was to http://forum.r2games.com/showthread....=1#post1529670 and http://forum.r2games.com/showthread....=1#post1529754.

Comment

Working...
                            X