For the love of god fix World Boss macanics

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For the love of god fix World Boss macanics

It only last 1 round today, can´t you do something about it???? I know you can R2.

Fix it! ty

Good luck on that.
    Since knighthood was released basically you're lucky to get 1 full turn.

Many servers have the same issue, and the world boss hasn't been upgraded to accommodate kh players.

You have better luck if your whales or KH players dont hit the world boss.

Comment

We had a lot of people skipping world boss until the change in devo. Now people "have" to show up for that devo and wb is dying quick again.

Comment

well to make wb last longer tell every 1 to get naked take off gears astrals total naked then u all ave a chance getting more gold

but their be always 1 that wont strip

Comment

Originally posted by Xharry005x View Post
          well to make wb last longer tell every 1 to get naked take off gears astrals total naked then u all ave a chance getting more gold

but their be always 1 that wont strip
          Uh..... no?

If everyone stripped their gear, everyone would get roughly the same amount of gold, but the fight would just take a little longer to complete.

More on topic, people have already come up with some good solutions for fixing the WB; there are several threads on the forums. We just need to get R2 to do something about it now.

Comment

I heard from some older posts that they cannot raise the HP of the world boss, guild boss, or guild battle ward. Something having to do with adobe. Not sure of the specifics. Not sure if a solution is to massively increase their armor or decrease player power, but then players would get less gold and probably complain. For guild battles I'm wondering if they could just eliminate the ward and put the battles on a 5 minute timer where the highest points wins. At least we would be able to fight players like it is designed to do. After all, this IS a pvp game.

Comment

Originally posted by cyc2u View Post
              I heard from some older posts that they cannot raise the HP of the world boss, guild boss, or guild battle ward. Something having to do with adobe. Not sure of the specifics. Not sure if a solution is to massively increase their armor or decrease player power, but then players would get less gold and probably complain. For guild battles I'm wondering if they could just eliminate the ward and put the battles on a 5 minute timer where the highest points wins. At least we would be able to fight players like it is designed to do. After all, this IS a pvp game.
              Right now, the gold you get is proportional to 20% the amount of damage you do. My solution, was to increase the boss resistance/defense, but increase the damage:gold ratio.

Edit - the original post you are referring to, is this one. It's also referenced in several other threads when the topic arises.
              Last edited by Alsatia01; 07-10-2016, 02:26 PM.

Comment

It's not just the world boss! This problem also applies to the Guild Battle, an Guild Beast. High End Knights can one shot those as well. Why not have the bosses, beasts, and guild battle wards scale by the BR present to beat on them?

Comment

Originally posted by Cymidei View Post
                  It's not just the world boss! This problem also applies to the Guild Battle, an Guild Beast. High End Knights can one shot those as well. Why not have the bosses, beasts, and guild battle wards scale by the BR present to beat on them?
                  Because you would cap out on HP, you can only make it so high. I suppose you could offset that by increasing the defense/res as well, though.

Comment

agreed followin a merger, something no one asks for but everyone gets inflicted upon them, i went from 15 mill a wb to 3. Only solution i see is raise the gold ratio to give a semblence back of what you was netting before mergers.

Comment

I've forwarded the request again. Thanks for the reminder
                      Retired Moderator.

Comment

I agree WB is a problem but can't help but wonder why does everyone always blame r2 when something is wrong? r2 kabam and kongrate they only host the game, should be blaming the game developers... just saying.
                        IGN: whitewolf
                        Server: s507 Forgotten Abyss
                        Guild: OUTCASTS
                        Class: Archer

Comment

Originally posted by Alsatia01 View Post
                          Because you would cap out on HP, you can only make it so high. I suppose you could offset that by increasing the defense/res as well, though.
                          Increasing defense/res shifts the rewards even harder to the top players, so it's not a great solution. There are plenty of ways they could effectively increase the WB hp without pushing it over the integer limit, but I don't think the devs are going to try.

Comment

Originally posted by MrFancyPants View Post
                            Increasing defense/res shifts the rewards even harder to the top players, so it's not a great solution. There are plenty of ways they could effectively increase the WB hp without pushing it over the integer limit, but I don't think the devs are going to try.
                            Like what? I've heard suggestions of a healing buff on the boss, the only (maybe, semi?) problem with that, is the potential for a boss that never dies; which some people object to for some reason.

Comment

A few possible ways, most suggested previously in another thread:
                              - Have the boss respawn at 5 (or any length of time) minutes if it dies before then, can repeat if needed
                              - Duplicate the boss, like the end boss in Nirvana, e.g.
                              - Make the 4 overlaid hp bars separate counters
                              - Give the WB a straight % damage reduction, maybe decreasing over time, but rewards count at the original damage

So there are ways around the limitation, with varying levels of complexity to implement. Everything involves mechanics not currently in the game (possibly excluding that last one), so that's why I don't anticipate any change.

Comment

Working...
                              X