+ Reply to Thread

Thread: "The Song of Disaster" (Pandora Guide by DarkKillerLoco)

"The Song of Disaster" (Pandora Guide by DarkKillerLoco)

- Pandora Guide by DarkKillerLoco
    Name: DarkKillerLoco
    Match ID: 311713948
    ID: 747

Introduction

Hello everybody, this is a guide from one of my favorite heroes of the game if not my favorite, Pandora, her role in game varies from support to mid laner in game, not going far from that, being a champion that have one of the best early games and having one of the most annoying pokes (Her Q) that also applies slow. Speaking of CC, she’s probably one of the most completed in this area, having a slow, a snare(her W) and finally her ultimate (a AOE Stun) bringing a lot to the table not only in team fights but in solo lane as well, since one combo specially from the mid variation since one combo can be devastating in a Team Fight.

Skills
    Q – Song of Destruction - 90/100/110/120 Mana – 6 CD – 1000/350(Explosion) Range – 120/180/240/300 Damage
    Casts a dissonant sigil on a target enemy unit, slowing 20% movement speed. The Sigil explodes after 3 seconds, dealing magical damage to the unit and nearby enemies in a 350 radius.
    Your main tool of damage and poke and also your main skill for clear wave, this Q is great especially in early game to clear the waves and to torture your opponent, I seriously recommend you to max this one first without a doubt since it’s your main damage and the best tool in making a play.

W – Winter’s Elegy – 80/100/120/140 Mana – 12 CD – 1200 Range – 90/160/230/300 Damage
    Sends out a shackle sigil that stuns for 1/1.25/1.75/2 seconds all enemies heroes(Only one hero) in its path, dealing magical damage
    Technically this skill only hit one person, this skill is your guarantee that your combo is going to happen while being a great CC that not only can result on kills but also in beautiful escapes in dangerous situations, this is primarily a defensive skill though and I recommend to max it second.

E - Uplifting Melody (Passive) – Mana Regen : 1.5/2/2.5/3
    Grants additional Mana regeneration to allies around Pandora
    Your passive and a great one actually, this passive helps a lot in sustaining the lane for the most part and it’s a very important tool to have on a team, since it helps your entire team during the process.

R – Pandora’s Box (Ultimate) – 225/300/375 Mana - 120/100/80 CD – 1000 Range – 350/475/600 Damage

Sends out a sonic wave in front of Pandora causing enemies units to lose control (Stun) for one second and dealing magical damage.
    One of the best ults of the game, this thing can stun enemies for one second and give a heavy amount of damage specially on early game, normally you want to use this skill to burst or to engage a target or the enemy team and if used correctly together with your combo and few more items, it’s a catastrophe to the lucky guy that takes the fury of Pandora.

Pros and Cons

Pros:
    Great Sustain in form of Passive/A lot of CC/Good clear wave tool and Poke in form of Q/Heavy Burst Damage/Great Early Game and Lane Pressure/One of the best in zoning

Cons:
    Easy To Burst/No Escape/While her Mana Regen is big, her Mana pool is not, especially in early game/Falls a little in Late Game

In Game Function:

As a Mid Laner:
    You want to most of the time maintain the pressure thanks to your kit of skills, it’s not hard to Pandora punish heavily and even get kills on early game if your opponent is not aware of the damage you have, if you manage to get advantage of the lane try to zone your opponent and poke him with your Q to make him use of his pots, however be careful, since Pandora have little to no escape tools and can be ganked pretty easily.

After 6 you should start control your mana more in case you want to burst someone or create a play since Pandora’s mana pool can be something tricky at times since she tends to use a lot of it during her combo, even in full mana. Mid Game is your best phase in game, since your damage’s going to be incredible and your mana pool is now decent to constantly poke your opponent and later give a combo on team fight, Pandora is also a great hero in that aspect since she can fit in any type of team, dive/siege/poke and etcetera…

In Late Game, your damage gets a little outdated by most of the mages depending of your build,but continues being a good amount. You still bring a lot of utility to the table and one good W can be deadly on late game since 2 seconds of snare/stun can be all the time you need to destroy a Carry in late game.

Max Order: Q/E or W/Q/W or E/Q/R/Q/W/E/W/R/W/E/E/+/R/+/+

As a Support:
    It’s similar to how you should act as a Mid, the difference is that you don’t farm and want to leave the kills for the most part to your allies, in early game you need to always try to zone your opponents, especially if it’s a 2 v 1 situation to deny the most farm as possible to the Carry, also try to freeze the lane as this can make the situation for the enemy very uncomfortable and maybe even force a lane swap in some occasions.

The most important thing here is maintain the enemy hero away from getting gold and at the same time, use wards(both types of wards) to control the game with vision. No matter the side you are playing you can also try to invade and even stop the enemy jungle in his farming too or kill him if you have a decent amount of damage.
    Be alert on the other lanes, since any opportunity that you have to rotate and get kill, using the Teleport or not is also worth and since Pandora have a great early game, it can even be abused in some games.

Similar to the Mid variation, Mid and Late games are pretty much the same, however with you offering more utility than damage since you are support, try to ward the map depending on how the game is going, if you are winning, you can try to ward aggressively, however if your losing, it’s the best to ward your jungle in order to your team not being caught in traps made by the enemy. In the first opportunity try to buy an oracle too, because if it’s used correctly, it can pay off a lot of gold in form of not only wards but kills.

Max Order: Q/W/Q or E/E or Q/Q/R/Q/W/W/E/R/W/E/E/+/R/+/+

Synergies and Counters

Synergies:

General:
    Angelus/Tiamat: Both characters have great ways to defend a target and if that wasn’t enough they have incredible ults with the former having a good combo with Pandora if they manage to hit.

Medusa/Destructo 9: Together with these two you have no problems with dealing with fronts lines and carries if you manage to get them, having huge control together with the former and having incredible burst damage with the latter.

Support:
    Titanus/Odin/Apollo: These three are great in creating situation to you enter with your combo to delete any target you desire to kill.

Aiden and Clarice: If there is two Carries that loves Pandora, these carries are Aiden Clarice by far, the fact the receive mana regen from the passive from Pandora helps a lot and not only that but the CC lockdown by using these two with Pandora is insane and making enemies cry for surrender.

Counters:

Electros: This guy is probably the most annoying thing you might face as a Pandora, if a Electros know how to play get ready to face a LOT of problems, the fact his Q negates your entire kit’s insane but that’s not all, he can burst you easily and he doesn’t even need to a lot of damage to actually burst you since he have a lot already in base damage.

Alfred: This guy’s very tough to deal, while both an face each other in lane, the fact Alfred’s counter is not the lane phase is the fact that RARELY he’s going to be out of position to deal damage on you, also the fact he can use his W to pretty much destroys the mana of you and your allies.

Mazin: This a very annoying match up but bearable comparing to others, you can abuse from the poke, he have a good amount of CC so be careful and to make the matters worse he have way to be immune and even jump on you(not to mention it causes silence).So good Mazins are a huge trouble to Pandora in general

Daimon: This guy’s one of the few things that are actually more annoying that you in lane phase, he have a way of poke his enemy with his Q, have ways to clear wave with his E(though pre-6 he rarely is going to use for that purpose) and if his level 6 if used correctly, it not only can be better than yours but also its something very hard to deal with, since most of the times you receive his combo your probably dead right after.

Builds,Items and more:
    - Example of final Build as Mid laner Pandora.

Pandora have a lot of items that she can do however most of the times you are going to start with Priest’s hood and Prophet’s emblem, 2 potions of each(3 if you wait on your base, not very recommended) and one ward(your choice, but Observed is a little more useful, vision wise)

You normally are going to rush for Chronos Coronet/Angelic Shield and go to the Vitality Boots.

There is also an item that can be very good however its HIGHLY recommended you learn to use the item, this one being the Magical Slingshot, this item’s very useful to create engage situation, gives you decent stats and if used correctly can create marvelous plays and engages for you team, however remember to use it CORRECTLY otherwise it’s a waste of item.

A good example of place and position where you can use the Magical Slingshot.

Arcane Orb and Divinity are very important items independent of the role of the Pandora and depending of the game (for Pandora mid both are MUST items).

As a support you normally want to rush a Frozen Scepter and many wards as possible to bring utility to your team, and bring many wards a possible, the images below show few examples to where you should or could ward in a game:

Normally you want to your build have utility and damage,below are some examples of final builds and situational items that you could use in game:

Example Mid Pandora final build: Chronos Coronet/Vitality Boots/Divnity/Arcane Orb/Frozen Scepter/Magical Slingshot

Example Support Pandora final build: Angelic Shield/Vitality Boots/Magical Slingshot/Frozen Scepter/Force Crystal/Wand of Celerity

Other good items:
    Mid: Wand of Celerity/Devil’s Urn/Demonic Diadem/Anunbis Protector/Icy Guardian/Staff of Conversion

Support: Soul Crystal/Crystal Shield

Runes:

Red: Health Runes are the best here, since it helps a lot in the case of being bursted in early game and giving you more sustain as well. (OP 3 from Red: HP/Defense/HP Regen). (Talent: Miser)

Blue: These are the most important runes for Pandora and highly important, all the 3 OP Blue runes are good on Pandora(Magic Damage/Magic Resist/Mana Regen) and I normally uses 2 Magic Damage + 1 Magic Resist however you can use any variation of these trio(don’t use only one type of rune though). (Talent: Odd Job or Potion Master both are very useful actually, one gives you more gold in farm the other gives you more sustain)

Green: This one is very interesting since the OP trio from the Green is not the best for Pandora technically (OP 3: Attack/Dodge/Attack Speed), that being said I normally tend to carry around at least one Dodge rune for the lucky aspect and 2 attacks runes to help on the last hitting, however using outside of the OP 3 here is not something out of question and I would recommend in that case (if you didn’t got Magic Damage on Blue, get armor/health regen(THIS last one being a very good one as support) or the Magic Damage ones. (Talent : Tp in minion is a MUST so Back and Forth)

Last considerations
    I hope you all like the guide and it explained a lot from the champion perspective and I was able to show correctly what the hero should do in game and builds possible to do, hopefully also that my experience helps or contribute in the gameplay of anyone that reads and any critic about it is more than welcome .

Herald of Harkenings Kitsunox is just another poster. For now.... Kitsunox's Avatar
    Really nice guide. First guide that I saw that actually explains stuff quite detailed. As someone who prefers to play Mid lane himself, this guide made me consider picking up Pandora at some point in the near future.

Keep up the great work!

[Guide]- Minerva :)

MINERVA - Ranged/Pusher/Carry
    Name:  minerva.JPG
Views: 200
Size:  41.7 KB

Skills
    Q-
    Name:  minerva q.JPG
Views: 202
Size:  21.8 KB

W-
    Name:  minerva w.JPG
Views: 193
Size:  26.6 KB

E-
    Name:  minerva e.JPG
Views: 196
Size:  30.0 KB

R/Ultimate-
    Name:  minerva r.JPG
Views: 203
Size:  33.1 KB

Build-
    Name:  build.JPG
Views: 184
Size:  13.3 KB

Tips- Try to stay behind their team in tfs, so goes the struggles after the opponent team have spent most cc's.
    Good game!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsunox View Post
    Really nice guide. First guide that I saw that actually explains stuff quite detailed. As someone who prefers to play Mid lane himself, this guide made me consider picking up Pandora at some point in the near future.

Keep up the great work!
    Thnaks for the feedback, I sincerely recommend the character in Mid since it was one of the characters I played the most here and BR servers, I probably going to write more about the match up though(the hardest ones since there is a few heroes here that we didn't had on BR at time.)

Quote Originally Posted by viniciusmpires View Post
    MINERVA - Ranged/Pusher/Carry
    Attachment 167698

Skills
    Q-
    Attachment 167699

W-
    Attachment 167700

E-
    Attachment 167701

R/Ultimate-
    Attachment 167702

Build-
    Attachment 167703

Tips- Try to stay behind their team in tfs, so goes the struggles after the opponent team have spent most cc's.
    Good game!!!
    Could you please remove this comment from this thread? Since the objective of this comment is clearly out of the topic and you are created one about it?

Herald of Harkenings Kitsunox is just another poster. For now.... Kitsunox's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gallade0000 View Post
    Thnaks for the feedback, I sincerely recommend the character in Mid since it was one of the characters I played the most here and BR servers, I probably going to write more about the match up though(the hardest ones since there is a few heroes here that we didn't had on BR at time.)
    I played her once and she really felt like a good mid laner to pick up, but I wanted to go for Nosferatu first (which I already bought) and ended up maining Lapina at the moment. XD

+ Reply to Thread