No announcement yet.

forum why you not deleting advertisements

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

do we get balens for sending tickets for this spam **** cuz if im doin a mods job i want paying lmao

Here are some suggestions on how to defeat the spammers:

1. Make sure links in your forum are set to ‘nofollow’. This tells search engine crawlers not to follow the links and therfore, SEO spammers will derive no benefit from spamming your forum. (Vanilla’s links are nofollow by default.)

2. Make sure registration includes a CAPTCHA. Captcha’s are those slightly deformed images of words and you see on sign up pages. Captcha’s do a pretty good job of keeping out spam bots.

3. Require email confirmation before allowing someone to post. Bots and humans can get around this but it’s an extra bit of efforts that most real people won’t mind.

4. Enable anti-spam plugins. These plugins can automatically detect suspected spam based on links, IP addresses, email addresses and the comment itself. Keep in mind that these plugins are not 100% effective and do sometimes return false positives.

5. Don’t allow editing of comments after a few minutes have passed. A frequent trick used by spammers is to create a comment that doesn’t look out of place (For example: “This is a great post, very insightful.”) and then will come back after a couple of weeks and edit the comment to include spam links.

6. Get the whole community involved. Ask members to help out moderators and flag spam. In Vanilla, this can be done with the Spam Reaction.

7. Be ruthless. Moderators and admin should review the spam queue on a daily basis, ban spammers and delete all their content.

8. Only allow members that have proven themselves and have a reputation to be allowed to post links. In Vanilla, it’s possible to prevent members with a low Rank from posting links, editing comments, etc. Ranks are earned by accumulating reputation points or making a certain number of posts.

9. Provide information on advertising and partnering opportunities you might offer and make it clear in your community guidelines what is and what is not acceptable promotion. This can help with accidental spammers who are trying to legitimately sell something to your audience.

While spammers are always looking for ways around your defences, following these suggestions will help to eliminate spam.
    Last edited by Xharry005x; 03-10-2017, 04:10 AM.

Comment

In my time and on a different gaming forum site, stuff like this would get deleted and the offenders IP banned. But that was like 10 years ago, lol, when I was able to run and gun... now, I am just trying to drive through the new patch Wartune has while balancing my real life issues (okay, they aren't bad, but they do take away from the game).
      Vicious! Approach with Caution!
      Because some noob has called me such and had said it so
      Mobile Strike Player: Base 1102 / Com 550 / 672* Power / VIP 1300
      Dissidia Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia: Rank 60

Comment

Originally posted by Stormaggedon View Post
        I haven't the foggiest idea of what you might mean by that. Unless by what you mean is that after I left, the HR Dept wouldn't pay for the Spam Filter that was automatically weeding these posts out, so it got turned off, and then an incompetent IT team broke the forums so it's impossible to switch back on, even if they wanted to do so. In that case, I would have an idea.
        forum login broke since god knows how long.
        you must relog everytime you reopen your browser.
        Originally posted by Wraithraiser
        Welcome to R2 forums. Where quality is nonexistent and quantity is only measured in the number of whines a single day can produce.

Comment

Originally posted by Xharry005x View Post
          do we get balens for sending tickets for this spam **** cuz if im doin a mods job i want paying lmao

Here are some suggestions on how to defeat the spammers:

While spammers are always looking for ways around your defences, following these suggestions will help to eliminate spam.
          Only going to say this because I don't want future mod applicants to be severely disappointed - Wartune devs do not give balens to mods.

You really don't understand anything I've said. Read Storm's post above yours as well. The forum is broken, as in none of these things are functional, else we would have used them, and would not need to be on a spam strike.
          New R2 Community Discord Server: https://discord.gg/VFMzFDqKq5

Received a random forum error? Refresh the page first, sometimes the error message is the error.

Some inboxes are broken, including mine. Please don't send me private messages at this time.

Rules of the Forum are found here.

R2Games Ticket System for browser games: https://www.r2games.com/support

Comment

Originally posted by MemoryLane View Post
            Only going to say this because I don't want future mod applicants to be severely disappointed - Wartune devs do not give balens to mods.

You really don't understand anything I've said. Read Storm's post above yours as well. The forum is broken, as in none of these things are functional, else we would have used them, and would not need to be on a spam strike.
            not saying all r2 staff are thick as 2 short planks but realy they could do better

ok so u say forum is broken

why are u still using this forum then and not making a brand new 1

but i prob know the answer lol (cash you havnt got any) or r2 are too lazy to clear forum database and start again from fresh install

or maybe r2 incompetant (too thick) to even know how to fresh install a forum

examples of vbulletin forum what you can do

Backup Database via cPanel, Setup MySQL Database via cPanel, Backup Database with MYSQL Dumper, Restore Database via Backup Channels, Database Backup via the SSH Shell Putty, Database Restore via SSH Shell Putty,

oh look this stuff should be inside the cpanel of the forum if u ave the password and username

so u can actualy dump all data and start afresh if u realy needed too
            Last edited by Xharry005x; 03-10-2017, 11:18 AM.

Comment

not saying all r2 staff are thick as 2 short planks but realy they could do better

ok so u say forum is broken

why are u still using this forum then and not making a brand new 1

but i prob know the answer lol (cash you havnt got any) or r2 are too lazy to clear forum database and start again from fresh install

or maybe r2 incompetant (too thick) to even know how to fresh install a forum
              Something about how the forum is integrated with the main site, and attempting to touch anything will completely break the connection between the two.

examples of vbulletin forum what you can do

Backup Database via cPanel, Setup MySQL Database via cPanel, Backup Database with MYSQL Dumper, Restore Database via Backup Channels, Database Backup via the SSH Shell Putty, Database Restore via SSH Shell Putty,

oh look this stuff should be inside the cpanel of the forum if u ave the password and username

so u can actualy dump all data and start afresh if u realy needed too
              "File not found." Nothing is accessible. This is an issue R2 needs vB tech support to take care of, but this version is no longer supported by vB. Forum needs an upgrade, but attempting to do so will break the connection to the main site.

Received a random forum error? Refresh the page first, sometimes the error message is the error.

Some inboxes are broken, including mine. Please don't send me private messages at this time.

Comment

Flaming at the Moderators will achieve nothing. Compensation for the spam will never happen as this doesn't affect your in-game activities. However the forums are easy to fix - I could fix them inside of a few hours without ruining the connection between the main site. It just takes someone competent and who knows exactly what they are doing. Saying that Reality Squared Games in general will not pay the money to have anything fixed unless it absolutely has got to be done AND I have to break it to you.... Spam in forums is not an emergency and is not affecting in-game activities and so therefore will most likely not get sorted out.

Although, mem. Food for thought. Could you not activate the 'requires reviewing from a moderator' on all the forums and just have a small team of Moderators who are willing to review and delete the spam ones? Or is that feature broken? It was still active on the announcements section where the Admin and CRM post important announcements to the entire forum.
                Last edited by Slayor28; 03-11-2017, 10:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Slayor28 View Post
                  Although, mem. Food for thought. Could you not activate the 'requires reviewing from a moderator' on all the forums and just have a small team of Moderators who are willing to review and delete the spam ones? Or is that feature broken? It was still active on the announcements section where the Admin and CRM post important announcements to the entire forum.
                  We did think of that. "Moderate New Members" option is in the Settings section, which is File not found. We can create usergroups, but the option to "Follow Moderation Rules", which is the only option that would auto moderate posts, requires the "Moderate New Users" to be set to yes.

The only access to post restrictions we have are for the whole forum section, as we do with the main section, news sections, past games, etc, which is done as a whole usergroup restriction. We can't even set new users to be in a specific usergroup upon joining without access to Settings.

Comment

We did think of that. "Moderate New Members" option is in the Settings section, which is File not found. We can create usergroups, but the option to "Follow Moderation Rules", which is the only option that would auto moderate posts, requires the "Moderate New Users" to be set to yes.

The only access to post restrictions we have are for the whole forum section, as we do with the main section, news sections, past games, etc, which is done as a whole usergroup restriction. We can't even set new users to be in a specific usergroup upon joining without access to Settings.
                    Here there is a problem, this software is old, Version 4.1.4, and the all mod you've broken this board.
                    You have two ways to fix these broken board:
                    1)Make a upgrade for your board to a new version of Vbulletin.
                    2)Choose an another platform with good optimization, no bug and more speed (Xenforo board), i think it is a good board for your company, i don't see any hack in this board, because there are some plugin where help to close this bot/spammers).

Comment

Originally posted by etms51 View Post
                      Here there is a problem, this software is old, Version 4.1.4, and the all mod you've broken this board.
                      You have two ways to fix these broken board:
                      1)Make a upgrade for your board to a new version of Vbulletin.
                      2)Choose an another platform with good optimization, no bug and more speed (Xenforo board), i think it is a good board for your company, i don't see any hack in this board, because there are some plugin where help to close this bot/spammers).
                      As mentioned several times, they can't upgrade or change the forum because the connection between the main site and the forum will break, and they can't fix that.

Comment

As mentioned several times, they can't upgrade or change the forum because the connection between the main site and the forum will break, and they can't fix that.
                        ehm MemoryLane is not true, they can upgrade before the board, and then make a modification where they can login directly to the game, but each new version of the board, they will made this modification

(they change only login code).

Comment

You would be talking about the r2games.com platform, which is irrelevant to the issues within the forum. Changing the platform, which won't happen, would likely result in having a standalone forum, which wouldn't be a bad thing except it would require a completely separate account registration, and wouldn't be tied to the platform at all.
                          Last edited by MemoryLane; 03-11-2017, 03:11 PM.

Comment

I hate the term cant be fixed. anything can be fixed given the proper time and effort. Just R2 has no interest in fixing things unless ABSOLUTELY necessary.
                            Defending the Undefendable is a form of insanity. This world has gone crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by briansid1981 View Post
                              I hate the term cant be fixed. anything can be fixed given the proper time and effort. Just R2 has no interest in fixing things unless ABSOLUTELY necessary.
                              'Can't' is just simpler. The proper wording would be don't know how. IT can't fix it, because IT doesn't know how. I'm sure with a bit of encouragement, IT could do some learning on the fly. I'm seeking help with that encouragement.

Comment

Originally posted by Arlad View Post
                                forum login broke since god knows how long.
                                you must relog everytime you reopen your browser.
                                Lemme tell you what I do to get around that. First off I go here: http://forum.r2games.com/admincp/index.php and enter in my username, and anything BUT my password. Lemme repeat that, do not put in your password. Put in anything else. When you do that, you'll get taken to a login screen where you can then enter your account name, correct password, and MOST IMPORTANT, check that damn Remember Me box. Now, this may not work if you're switching between accounts on the main site, or running five accounts at once as the main site will try to constantly override what you're doing on the forums. But give it a shot. Hopefully it'll work.
                                This Forum Admin is no more. He has ceased to be. He's expired and gone on to other work. He's a stiff. If R2 hadn't ignored him he'd still be employed. Bereft of work he lives in peace. His forum duties are now history. He's off the twig, he's kicked the bucket, he's shuffled off these forums, run down the thread count, and joined the ex-R2Games Employees Club. This is an ex-Forum Admin.

Comment

Working...
                                X