+ Reply to Thread

Thread: [Anomaly]Magic Square Run, Still Active After Exit

Knight of Knowledge Meikura001 is making posts people like. Meikura001 is making posts people like. Meikura001 is making posts people like.

[Anomaly]Magic Square Run, Still Active After Exit

Greetings Folks,

Tonight comes a really funny "bug" (maybe, maybe not; who knows, right?) that I had done with a team of units just for devotion (done the run on Monday) and Rave Event. So starts the story:

Steps I Had Done
    1. Accessed the Cross Server MPD icon (why not? it's much easier to click that than to walk to Dinah; especially if you are a good distance away).
    2. Opened up a room on Unit 1. All others are still waiting to get in.
    3. Selected the "Magic Square" Event Dungeon on No Attempts (told you I needed the devotion).
    4. Invited the other 3 units into the dungeon. Yay, more guys/gals to show up to the party.
    5. Clicked on their Start buttons. All dove in nicely.
    6. Clicked on monsters to fight (that's how you get them going).
    7. Just remembered the two units had helped another player with an MPD earlier, so they shouldn't stay the 15 minutes to get the Hall of Heroes devote as they can do something else while I am waiting.
    8. Tried to exit the two units from the dungeon. I can't get out. Oh dang.
    9. Being stuck, I thought I would just start a fight to pass through the boredom. No dice; a fight can't start.
    10. I am stuck and I can't get a fight going, so I exit those two and restart them. Yay, I got back in (at the big swirl, nonetheless!!!), and out of the MPD.
    11. The two other units that are still inside are just picking off the fights, and that's what I notice something with the two that are physically out of the MPD (visually, like out): THEY WERE GETTING POINTS!!! (see insert)
    How could this be? Don't know if it's a once in a lifetime thing or just something that really needs to be looked at, but I did get a kick out of it.

Note: You are viewing my array when it comes to dives, chatting, and playing the game. The question of "how does he do it" has been answered.
    Meikura's Tech Train - Warping Through the High Rails at 300-MPH
    R2 Games Deployed Units [Max Unit Dive: 5]
    Male Gunners: Tony Kaijuӡ / Jose Kaijuӡ / Pete Kaijuӡ / Saul Kaijuӡ / Aeos Kaijuӡ
    Female Gunners: Gemma Kaijuӡ / April Kaijuӡ / Mirna Kaijuӡ / Roxie Kaijuӡ / Keely Kaijuӡ
    Kabam! Deployed Unit [Observation and Test]
    Observational Series: Indalecio

Head Forum Moderator MemoryLane probably had their total rigged because they are MemoryLane. MemoryLane probably had their total rigged because they are MemoryLane. MemoryLane probably had their total rigged because they are MemoryLane. MemoryLane probably had their total rigged because they are MemoryLane. MemoryLane probably had their total rigged because they are MemoryLane. MemoryLane probably had their total rigged because they are MemoryLane. MemoryLane probably had their total rigged because they are MemoryLane. MemoryLane probably had their total rigged because they are MemoryLane. MemoryLane probably had their total rigged because they are MemoryLane. MemoryLane probably had their total rigged because they are MemoryLane. MemoryLane probably had their total rigged because they are MemoryLane. MemoryLane's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    At #10, when you logged back in, were you in Cloud City or Magic Square?
    The Rules: http://forum.r2games.com/showthread.php?8-R2Games-Rules

R2Games Ticket System for browser games: www.r2games.com/support
    Mobile game Ticket System is accessed through the in-app support link or through HelpShift.

For additional assistance with a ticket, please provide a moderator with your ingame name, server, and game.

Knight of Knowledge Meikura001 is making posts people like. Meikura001 is making posts people like. Meikura001 is making posts people like.
    #10, Cloud City (both on the right). I had to move them away from the swirl/portal into the industrial area. Those two were the ones I had to "reboot" while the ones on the left side (Magic Square) need to get their devote for the run (10 for MS, 10 for MPD; all into one).
    Male Gunners: Tony Kaijuӡ / Jose Kaijuӡ / Pete Kaijuӡ / Saul Kaijuӡ / Aeos Kaijuӡ
    Female Gunners: Gemma Kaijuӡ / April Kaijuӡ / Mirna Kaijuӡ / Roxie Kaijuӡ / Keely Kaijuӡ

Head Forum Moderator MemoryLane probably had their total rigged because they are MemoryLane. MemoryLane probably had their total rigged because they are MemoryLane. MemoryLane probably had their total rigged because they are MemoryLane. MemoryLane probably had their total rigged because they are MemoryLane. MemoryLane probably had their total rigged because they are MemoryLane. MemoryLane probably had their total rigged because they are MemoryLane. MemoryLane probably had their total rigged because they are MemoryLane. MemoryLane probably had their total rigged because they are MemoryLane. MemoryLane probably had their total rigged because they are MemoryLane. MemoryLane probably had their total rigged because they are MemoryLane. MemoryLane probably had their total rigged because they are MemoryLane. MemoryLane's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I thought so. You're suppose to log back in to Magic Square when you relog during a Magic Square run. The game must have thought you did, hence still receiving points for it, probably due to whatever happened in #8.

We'll have to wait and see if others run into the same, or if the next time you are in this situation it happens again.
    The Rules: http://forum.r2games.com/showthread.php?8-R2Games-Rules

R2Games Ticket System for browser games: www.r2games.com/support
    Mobile game Ticket System is accessed through the in-app support link or through HelpShift.

For additional assistance with a ticket, please provide a moderator with your ingame name, server, and game.

Technically, that's what I had initially thought it would do. However, it just returned the two on the right (as they done the HoH devote earlier) in Cloud City after a complete exit, reboot, and re-log into the game.

I will have to wait until the next Cross Server Matching unlocks as I won't be able to do at this time considering I am being tasked with other things in the real life. It will also determine if it's one of those isolated (and only) incidents or something that just happens, and probably get a bead on it.

I will leave this here to see if anyone else is running into the same problems (MS or otherwise) that has a "ghost" in the MPD.

Were you able to nail this one down to a set of steps to make it happen? So that we can at least tell people how to avoid it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mentor_MrEUS View Post
    Were you able to nail this one down to a set of steps to make it happen? So that we can at least tell people how to avoid it.
    Actually, MS is not the only place that happened through the Cross Server Matching Icon. It seems like other MPDs are affected as well where people refresh during such and are still in them (party chat active, etc.). It reminded me of the old problem when a player was in an MPD and got visually kicked out (happens mostly in Spire runs) that they could not be invited as it said "person is in another room" and the only two ways was to completely refresh the game or enter through the farm and exit twice to reset it.

For now, I felt it has something to do with accessing the MPDs through the Cross Server Matching icon. To me, it's a shortcut basically as I do not like to walk all the way from the industrial zone (less motion effects and lag) to Dinah to start off a room. So, I guess I will have to walk all the way to her until they fix it fully.

+ Reply to Thread