pitching a shutout in imperial wars

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pitching a shutout in imperial wars

This was fight between number 1 and number 2 tonight.

Click image for larger version

Name:	imperial shutout.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	228.5 KB
ID:	1791040

nice matching the iditos at r2games do right?

Comment

Had a big turn out from what I see on there. I had some folks from a guild I know. I wish there were more than just the 7 I saw (as I know there were more than that) versus my 5.
      Vicious! Approach with Caution!
      Because some noob has called me such and had said it so
      Mobile Strike Player: Base 1102 / Com 550 / 672* Power / VIP 1300
      Dissidia Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia: Rank 60

Comment

we some rounds in it now and som of the strong has lost to each other sinces r2 doit wrong way should be 1 strongst with 1 win aginst weakst whit 1 win and so on each round so we get the right and strongst guild in top then season is over.

Comment

Might be "soft points" (the ones we can't see) when a match is determined after a few fights happened. Those that don't show are often given a 0 or low point value than one that shows up and lost and ultimately versus the one that shows up and takes the win. Even though we see our tally totals to be Wins to Losses, might be something else, especially when it comes for those guilds that are late in registration that had to start at the bottom of the list (which scratches my head on the guild I squared with on my own server that I felt should have been bumped up a few notches by way of players I know that probably could kick a butt or two straight through).

My Theory on Matching (and I could be wrong) and "Soft Points"
          Teams that Show Up (with at least 1 player) and Win: 3
          Teams that Show Up (with at least 1 player) and Lose: 2
          Teams that Don't Show Up (but the other side shows up) and Lose: 1
          Both Teams that Don't Show Up (draw in this case): 0

I came with this theory because there was a guild I fought with one week and lost to. I had thought they went and win the next fight which should have opened up the gap the next week (and of course, I won mine as well). However, two weeks later since the first engagement, we wind up fighting them again during the season. Again, I might be wrong on this since I do not fully know the inner workings of the developers' heads when it comes to this, but I felt this is as best I can come up with when it comes to being matched (done league based tourneys in a different game to know we always get grouped with nearly the same opponents each day).

Comment

you need to be a member of mensa to even try and work out r2 matching lol

Comment

I seriously doubt the people at MENSA (no offense) could even help us with such when it comes to the dev's way of matching.

Comment

Originally posted by kanusti View Post
                we some rounds in it now and som of the strong has lost to each other sinces r2 doit wrong way should be 1 strongst with 1 win aginst weakst whit 1 win and so on each round so we get the right and strongst guild in top then season is over.
                From my past experience within Imperial Wars on my main server, It seems that the first match seems to be based off the guild battle ratings. As the weeks go on within the ranking system, I have noticed you play either one above you or below you depending on points.

I have seen some guilds work out who their opponent is and worked out how to prevent seeing the #1 guild, or how many points they need to obtain top 3.

But this is based on my experience while working with my guild master. In my opinion, playing the strongest guild against the weakest guild doesn't actually prove your guild is the strongest.
                Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony ~ Ghandi

To report bugs visit here ... Bug Reports

Any support questions ... Support

Any videos/screenshots please follow http://www.r2games.com/support/?ac=issue&id=93

Comment

but if they did do it that way, then arguably at the end you would have all the strongest guilds vying for the top places instead of one strong guild and whomever happened to be there, which is the way it is now

Comment

Working...
                  X