Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nice yea we won in about 15min or so.. was ok battles had a fun time

Comment

LOL, I wish it was like that as I felt the waiting for the points to reach a certain amount like the last minutes of the school day and watching the clock, wondering when the final bell is going to ring so I can go home (okay, that's about 25 years ago, but the suspense just kills me at times). Waiting for me was like the whole hour (I usually wait until the other side makes a move so I can track who is on what hole before heading forth in wanting to intercept or just go around them; and yes, I am an avid player of "Battleship").

The week before was really funny because it was another 6 folks and I somehow dove in about 15 minutes late into the battle. That time, was all about trying to grab the posts while moving and not getting caught by the bigger BR folks. At minute 40, the scores changed from them being in the lead to my guild being in the lead. Then it was a blood fest afterwards as each side tried to out do the other in getting a victory. Last minute proved that point as both sides were vigilant to the very end. Things like this often keeps me focused (and on my toes) as I deploy my units at locations to take/defend. Most of my gaming life has always been through strategic and war games.
      Vicious! Approach with Caution!
      Because some noob has called me such and had said it so
      Mobile Strike Player: Base 1102 / Com 550 / 672* Power / VIP 1300
      Dissidia Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia: Rank 60

Comment

Originally posted by FortifiedArmor View Post
        nice yea we won in about 15min or so.. was ok battles had a fun time
        Well you confirmed the growing problem
        1. In comparison to Cross server guild battle, which at least took 20-30 mins to complete a win.
        2. Winning in 15 minutes shows that no guild can compete with the #1 ranked, and that this event "imperial war" is just trash at this point
        3. Without a limit cap on # of participants like the old system. A server-guild Twlight which has had server merges of 6-8 groups and can produce 60-80 people to show up. Theres no competition.
        4. The old system did limit the areas you can spend. With the new system and changes R2 has gone through in the last 1-2 patches have clearly shown to players you have to pay up.
        5. As confirmed before there is a disregard from R2 who manages the game who goes in which bracket or which br, or whenever.
        6. The game is fading, either more people are doing credit card charge backs, people are quitting, lack of balance, or just boring content.

Comment

My Head-to-Head Take...

There are few things I will agree with you on, and there are things I do not agree on:
          1. Agree. In CSGBs, I've had the pleasure of going up against folks with my little guild. Sometimes, battles take 15 minutes (due to the other team having more people than my 5); sometimes, they take almost the hour (when I get an equal team or no one at all). This concept behind IW is way beyond boredom as most of the time I would have to just park my guys for the complete hour (only one IW in life that I had made it to 15k in under an hour; about 40 minutes to be exact); I am hoping they will adjust it to something like 10k instead as on average the spread would be about 7k, and the slowdown will happen once the other side starts to rack up points and defend for the posts.
          2. Neutral. If battles are won at 15 minutes, then it would be there were more people at the posts to defend and treasure hunt from, but also there might be some of those who use the special abilities to teleport to said post or have energy stones to replenish energy. The latest IW proves that with 5 guys, I was able to stay focused and coordinate defense without wasting much resources. There will be those that spend for such (why?) but that's their spot of tea, not mine.
          3. Disagree. I do not like the cap system whatsoever. I am in my own guild now, but if I was in a top guild in my server, I am going to be very p<expletive>d that I am not getting the rewards by not being added on. The failed Chaos war proves just that as only 40 people can go in (set by the #1 of the server cluster); it's just a mess. No cap gives everyone a chance to participate. The fact that a guild can have around 80 showing up shows they are proactive and dedicated. Perhaps more guilds should follow suit by coming to the yard more often.
          4. Agree. Myself, I had often asked "what's the point of spending in this game?" It reminded me of when we started off WB on a new server and I would be laughing at those that spent to inspire themselves so they can reach the top ranks and collect more gold/daru. I even had a little jingle going (taken from that humping robot aerobics bit on Robot Chicken) for such. But hey, I use my resources sparingly if I know I will win or lose a bout. I also know how to count bullets (aka finding out who have been using the teleport abilities) so I know when they are going to be empty. If they used more than what's given to them, then I am going to laugh and go "Hee-Haw".
          5. Agree. This game and its developers are on that "one size fits all" methodology. They do not know what true matching is or how to go about it. To them, a Ferrari is as good as an entry along with 20 Yugos going up for a race. To me, that Ferrari belongs in a group with other Ferraris and the Yugos should race each other.
          6. Agree. This game has been shot to s<expletive>t. With so many reports, suggestions, and other things, they do not care. They care for the money that they take. I often asked (and laughed), when a charge back is made, who does it hurt mostly? The person who made a charge back knowing their account will get banned (and probably don't care for it since they are leaving anyways) or the folks who banned such an account after having to give a refund for something that is not up to that person's expectations? I am getting ready to be weaned off this game because of the performance issues it has that has gone unfixed because they cannot tell a problem from a hole in a wall. Each week, I would read on the maintenance to be disappointed in seeing that items of no relevance/importance are being fixed/modified while the major stuff remained in the queue. Worse comes when they open new servers knowing full well that there are unresolved problems on the ones that are still active. And if that wasn't insulting enough, the countless number of tickets that automatically close because the support elves dawdled on answering them.
          But please, do not suggest we go back to the old CSGW standards in terms of having so many people in the field. Most of the people do not follow on hiding things to minimize lag, and the developers don't even give a f<expletive>k in making settings where we can turn off the flashiness.

Comment

I agree with your assessment Meikura

The only thing that Imperial War has over the old Cross Server Guild Battle is the lag part.

Other than that,
            • Cost to buy energy
            • Cost to buy guild buff
            • Cost to buy teleport (empty or quick battle)
            • Cost to buy disturb treasure hunt

Its basically balen balen balen.

I'm pretty confident Outlanders, Champions guild will have a gripe about fighting Twlight guild, because basically they wont be able to win.
            Twlight guild has more than any other guild in-regards to:
            • The big BR/Whale-spending
            • Multiple Server-Guild Merges
            • More Active participation because of the merges they can boast 60+ people.

Which shows that a guild like this can easily destroy the imperial war event, rendering it pointless for other guilds to try when you know you wont get 1st place.

R2 or whomever needs to rebalance the event, because we know for certain they won't rebalance guilds-servers.

Comment

Takahi007x, I will agree with you. There was only one guild I had met that went and spent balens after the initial bullet counts were made. This guild had only 15 people versus my 5 and because it was a new server (that got merged into us much later) of folks that I was facing. They gave up spending because I was able to strategically place my units on the field without having them tied into battles that would obstruct my view, and that I had a lot of energy stones collected. I do know they spent (and wasted) a lot of balens because the most they do was the teleports to far away points, thinking I won't catch up to them. But, yes, I do agree with what you're saying there.

Ever since it became a cross-platform spectacle, every thing was so one sided. I kind of liked it when Cross Server was dealing with those within our server matrix of clusters, and the fights were fun where it's not the same guild that takes the top spot each time. Unfortunately, it's not in this game or how it was made.

Comment

Meikura i dont now ther you play but most serv has 1 guild who won all gb on ther serv aginst the other guilds and problem whit the old gb whas nearly all could 1 hit and destroyd the crystale, but ther should not has add the balens thing to imperial, aries and athena and should not has add the buff to atena or areas either.

Comment

Originally posted by kanusti View Post
                  Meikura i dont now ther you play but most serv has 1 guild who won all gb on ther serv aginst the other guilds and problem whit the old gb whas nearly all could 1 hit and destroyd the crystale, but ther should not has add the balens thing to imperial, aries and athena and should not has add the buff to atena or areas either.
                  LOL, I can't even get off from the starting line with all the lag (lots of people plus the glimmer effects of clothing and mounts). By the time I think I moved an inch, the war is over because someone one-shot the ward.

I agree that they should have not put in balen type of things in a fight, but the spenders will complain (well, the foolish ones certainly will) on how they spent a lot of money and could not use any of it to manipulate the event(s). Myself, I do not spend for such because: it's probably expensive (100 balens) and it's short lived. It might have lost to such a small guild (BR wise) since they got the numbers and they were spending left and right until they realize it was not a fight they would win and if I didn't have tons of energy stones to keep my guys charged up for defense by estimating when I am on empty.

It's pretty much the reason why I do not do certain cross-platform events aside from CCW/Post Grab (well, sometimes now) and Imperial War. To me, spending balens to get a boost is a form of cheating. When you get a large percentage that spend to boost their stats, all fairness is already out the window.

However, there will be foolish people who will spend for such; and as long as the devs see that, they will find ways to put it into just about everything we do just to get more money coming in and nothing going out.

Comment

Working...
                  X