Get Adobe Flash Player。

Get Adobe Flash Player

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: My Nature Ranger Build

My Nature Ranger Build

I see a lot of posts on people asking for guides so I'm just going to post mine. I'm a lvl 60 nature ranger and so far things have been working out alright for me. I'll try to keep it updated with equips and whatnot but bear with me.

Pros:
    Multiple Healing Skills
    Buffed up Normal attack
    DoT
    High DPS

Cons:
    High MP Cost
    Low defense/takes high damage
    Low HP
    Takes a decent amount of skill to use in PvP

Stats:
    Pure int - As a nature ranger your basic attack is based off of your magic attack so you want as much int as possible. Also gives the most MP. I recommend this build and this is the one I use.
    2 int 1 agi - Gives you a decent amount of MA while building up hit/dodge/and crit although the dodge is kinda useless if you're a good ranger and can do some nice hit-and-run.
    2 int 1 str - Possible if you want to conserve MP and use the basic attack as your default as well as maybe go hybrid and get Strong Shot or the AOE at lvl 70 in the AM (Anti Mage Tree).

I RECOMMEND THE PURE INT BUILD FOR A NATURE RANGER!!!!!

Skills:
    Okay first off, I know there's a skill reset around level 50 so I provided a before and after. When you reach 80, you might want to look into resetting it then as well.

Before Rebirth
    Lv 1-10
    Max Magic Arrow (MA)
    For the first 40 levels, this is your main attack until you get improved magic arrow.

Lv 10-20
    Max Precision
    Increased 101 MA and 15% hit rating maxed.

Lv 22
    1/5 Ankle Shot
    Kinda useful in PvE to take less damage. It does decent damage for being at lvl 1 and reduces speed by 50%. It's 70% at max but the time it lasts is the same so I find it kinda useless to max it. You have better things to put points into.

Lv 24
    1/5 Elven Swiftness
    I left it at 1 for now but I'm maxing it after rebirth by putting the 4 points from magic arrow.
    Increased attack speed 10% and +15 movement sounds pretty good to me but for now, the point is there to get quick heal.

Lv 26
    1/5 Oaks Blessing
    Basically a filler point, only reason is to get quick heal. I never use it because 92hp/sec is worse than a potion -_- It's a waste of MP in my opinion. You can solo heal indigo with it though.

Lvl 28-30
    2/5 Quick Heal
    I put two points in here just because I wanted to test it the difference. I didn't see much of a difference between lvl 1 and lvl 2 but I'll probably max it later on. It's a great heal skill for rangers since it is based on your MA and if you're pure int, even better. In my opinion though, for nature rangers Maxed quick heal may be better than maxed Improved Oaks Blessing just because this is based on your MA which you would hopefully want as high as possible. If you want to do high damage, I would leave this at 1 because it will still save you a lot of times.

Lv 32-40
    Max Improved Magic Arrow (IMA)
    I dont know if you guys want to do this, but I saved up my points until 40 to pump all 5 points into Improved Magic Arrow. This is your next biggest attack and I wouldn't want to grind to 50 without high damage and waiting to max it. Instead of 12% + 91 for normal, it's 12% + 581 maxed. On a side note, it's a completely different skill so you need to change your default attack from Magic Arrow to Improved Magic Arrow. I didn't realize this until halfway into lvl 40 when I was thinking to myself, why hasn't my damage hasn't changed...

Lvl 42
    1/5 Tidal Arrow
    The Knockback is good, but the cooldown isn't. I used this with Ankle shot in PvM, PvP, and bosses as a good combination to hit and run.

Lv 44
    1/5 Scarlet Fever
    Your damaged gets buffed 24%+118 and does 52 damage every 3 seconds for 12 seconds. Not great which is why we're not maxing it, but it helps and lets us go farther down the skill chain.

Lv 46
    1/5 Wither Trap
    This trap is awesome. Stuns for 2 seconds every 3 seconds for 15 seconds, so they're "iced" for a duration of 10/15 seconds. Hit's up to 5 enemies as well at lvl 1 they lose 193 per second. The point of this though, is that they're frozen which gives you either time to move yourself, or just beat the **** out of them. Also, if you're fighting more than one, it gives you time to beat them down slowly one by one. Combine it with tidal arrow and ankle shot? It's brutal. Also, I don't recommend maxing this because it only deals more damage and stuns more, but when do you think you'll need to stun more than 5?

Lvl 48
    Put it in whatever you want since at 50 you get a Sands of Time to reset your SP.

At lvl 50 you get a skill reset and I plan on putting my skills as so.
    1/5 Magic Arrow
    1/5 Ankle shot
    5/5 Imp Magic Arrow (You can put it at 1 and wait for master magic arrow, but your damage would probably suck, which is why I recommend a reset at 80.)
    5/5 Precision
    1/5 Scarlet Fever
    1/5 Wither Trap (I would max this if the stun time increased with it. Even though I think this skill is awesome, it's not worth putting points into just for more DoT and to hit more enemies. Hits 9 when max I believe.)
    1/5 Imp Scarlet Fever
    5/5 Elven Swiftness
    1/5 Oak Blessing
    1/5 Quick Heal
    1/5 Tidal Arrow
    Extra: 2 SP

There will be to points leftover which you can do what you will with them. I recommend saving them for new skills but it's up to you.

After 50, I don't really see any reason to more than 1 point in any of the skills. The damage increase in them is good, but I would just put 1 point into everything. That way you have more skills to use during the cool down instead of waiting for the cool down every time. I saved all my SP so at lvl 60 after using the following build, I still have 4 leftover.

After 50, it all depends on what you want to do. For me, I want the anaconda trap for more close combat damage. My idea is:
    Lv 60 - 1/5 Dream trap
    Lv 70 - 5/5 Anaconda trap
    Lv 80 - Save for Master Magic Arrow (MMA)
    The rest of the points you can put into anywhere.

If you want to heal and prefer parties,
    Lv 50 - 1/5 Barkskin for the reason stated above
    Lv 60 - 5/5 improved oak blessing (I personally though would still leave this at 1 instead and put the points into MMA because at lvl 5 the difference isn't THAT significant.)
    Lv 72 -1/5 Panic (This skill seems fun and it's passive too! Max if you want it's up to you)
    lvl 80 - You're gonna want MMA for damage, but if you don't mind having IMA forever then you can max Conversion which heals 100% (of your HP) for you or someone else for 100% of your MP. A decent tradeoff IMO but you might want a ton of mana orbs or something... For example, if i had 500 HP and someone else had 1000. If I used conversion, that person would heal 500 HP because that is 100% of my HP. Or, you could have both and tradeoff for Improved Oaks Blessing.

Equipment:
    In the beginning just get whatever you can unless you're funded. If you're funded you can go for the Epic Ethereal set. The best set by far at lvl 40 is the PvP set so you should raise your honor to baron (7100+) by then for the set at least. Do Guild Resource, Sengolia Battlefield, and Redemption ASAP for honor. Upgrade the set from green to blue to yellow to purple as soon as you can. Equips wise, my first time to 80, there weren't many epic shards in circulation to allow me to make the MAtk/int epic set, but as I see it, that set isn't that great for nature rangers since it only gives cast speed instead of attack speed. That being said, I just used random equips I was able to find from dungeons or my guildies found. For my hat, I had %matk, +int, +matk. For my overall I had +end, +pdef, %pdef reduct. And so on. I try to build myself as tanky as possible to allow me to just afk and solo dungeons.
    You want as much int/ma on your weapon and glove as you can. Everything else, try to get as much weapon/magic defense to take less damage (I think that's self explanatory) Remember, after you enchant your equips, you should socket them with decent gems. I dont socket anything less than flawless and the equip for me has to at least be +7 before I deem it worthy to be socketed. (I try to socket for MAtk, and Pdef since being pure int for me gives me decent Mdef.)

Edit: Make your fragarach weapon and max it as soon as possible! You will be using this weapon for the rest of the game! It will be stronger than your savage, slayer etc.

Pets:
    My current pets are a Super Demon, Baby bear cub, Fire Lord, Teeka, Super Angel.
    Obviously cash pets are going to be better than normal pets in this game since you pay for them. The more you spend, the better it is. That's how it is in any f2p game. Anyways, the pets I use depend on the situation aka PvP, dungeon, or grinding. It's something you figure out for yourself from collecting experience in game and trying out different pets and what you prefer to use in each situation.

Mount:
    Get a bear. Depending on your server, a bear should be no problem to make. It's the last free mount to make and it is a minimum requirement. I have a hellwing now which should be a goal for all characters in this game. Otherwise, start collecting Therion for the pheonix mount. It takes forever, but it is definitely worth the wait.

That's about it.
    What do you guys think? Leave comments/opinions on what I should change. Thanks
    Also, I was thinking about putting 1 point in each skill in the middle tree of Anti-Mage for the AOE. Any suggestions?

Part 2 of my guide for rebirth is in my signature. Check it out!
    Thanks for all your support and feedback
    Last edited by NaturaI; 07-10-2012 at 06:27 AM. Reason: Update on everything!

Server: Himeng Valley
    IGN: Natural
    Class: Ranger
    Guild: Rawr
    #1 Ranger ever~ Prove me wrong <3

Naturals Ranger Question Corner
    http://forum.r2games.com/showthread....estion-Corner!
    Nature Ranger Guide (Mortal):
    http://forum.r2games.com/showthread....e-Ranger-Build
    Nature Ranger Guide (Scion):
    http://forum.r2games.com/showthread....o-Training!%29

good build, can always reset when it didn't work out. on my side, I max elven swiftness for speed and movement, and precision for damage. only put 1 on magic arrow but will max improved magic arrow. btw, you can get withered trap at lev 30, so it will come in handy then i will decide if its good (my nature ranger still in his twenties). I like nature rangers but they are design to fight melee classes (knights, rogues, etc...). I still do good against mages, except blood priest,since they have low defense. another option also is you can put some points to get high defense on the anti-mage ranger skills (I might have to check this, I have to redo my antimage ranger somewhere along the line). all in all, you got good build. have fun.
    Last edited by Zarran; 10-05-2011 at 12:41 PM.

Thanks It's working out pretty well for me. I saved up all my points so far haha. I'm waiting for lvl 70 to pump Anaconda Trap :P
    Hows your build working for you?

Yea a fine build indeed i have chosen the anti mage tree, i'm at lvl 26 now and i love the maxxed paralyze shot. but who knows do both pretty good damage and nice healing sounds good to me, might change my mind if i dont like my build anymore. Good job dude!

Got a question about the morphed vulture: Do i have to spend his stat points in intellect or in strenght? Because his normal attack is magic so i thought okay then i put everything in intellect, but he hits 16... So am i doing something wrong here?

Quote Originally Posted by R2458655 View Post
    Got a question about the morphed vulture: Do i have to spend his stat points in intellect or in strenght? Because his normal attack is magic so i thought okay then i put everything in intellect, but he hits 16... So am i doing something wrong here?
    I would put everything into intellect because he is a int based pet. What level is your vulture? If the level difference between the vulture and what you are killing is too high, the damage will be pretty low until he levels a few times and gets closer to the level range of what you are killing.

Minstrel of Messages punksush1 is just another poster. For now....
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarran View Post
    good build, can always reset when it didn't work out. on my side, I max elven swiftness for speed and movement, and precision for damage. only put 1 on magic arrow but will max improved magic arrow. btw, you can get withered trap at lev 30, so it will come in handy then i will decide if its good (my nature ranger still in his twenties). I like nature rangers but they are design to fight melee classes (knights, rogues, etc...). I still do good against mages, except blood priest,since they have low defense. another option also is you can put some points to get high defense on the anti-mage ranger skills (I might have to check this, I have to redo my antimage ranger somewhere along the line). all in all, you got good build. have fun.

you should pwn blood priests. they actually have high defense and low magic defense because (if they are smart) they should be full end builds. their DoT spells should be easily countered with oaks blessing and your high magical defense will counter their spells. so blood priests are ranger food.

@OP: oak's blessing actually has some use, in the midgame, levels 25-35 I main heal'd indigo with that spell. just on level 1. it actually heals more than the priest equivalent spell around that level. You're saying it's useless because potions do more, but they have a 15 second cooldown and you can cast OB on others.

As for pets, why hasn't anyone mentioned the beach crawler? Oh my goodness, mine has a dodge buff, a spell that does a couple awesome things: it releases me from any movement-impairing affects, makes me immune to them for a few seconds and gives me a +20 speed boost also for a few seconds. My beach crawler also has the skill that lowers its max HP to give it more attack. it has all of this and I didn't even morph it. It's so helpful in pvp.

One of the main sellings points of a nature ranger in pvp is it's freedom, being able to run around with insta-heals, and DoTing up the opponent, they will slowly die while you kite them and heal yourself. A nature ranger that sits still is a dead one, which is why the beach crawler is so important.

PvE is the opposite, you just want to sit still with elven swiftness and precision working while spamming magic arrows and the occassional wither trap. In PvE you're an immobile flak cannon

Beach crawler ftw!
    Last edited by punksush1; 10-25-2011 at 07:57 PM.

Yea I can see how Oaks is good in the beginning, but I was looking more end game where 92 Hp/sec isn't really all that useful. Its necessary to have though since quick heal and improved oak are worth it as well as barkskin which I overlooked before I got it. I agree with your idea about nature rangers having freedom + dodge. PvP set gives awesome dodge rate already. I can tank NM vault with a morphed bear and just sit there. I'm too lazy to kite

I was thinking though, since I have PAtk anyways, how do you feel about a nature ranger either taking the left side for Strong shot, or the middle skill tree for AOE in anti-mage?

Minstrel of Messages punksush1 is just another poster. For now....
    im not an expert in anti-mage but aren't those physical shots? and with a full int build your phys damage is low. . .

Right it is a bit low, but I still have a decent PA. At lvl 60 I have 1351 which would do decent damage. I'm just thinking how it'd be useful to have an AOE, otherwise for PvP, Strong Shot is definitely a game changing move.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast