Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Guide]How to reduce lag

How to reduce lag

As most of you guys already know we have a major lag problem and its dominating throughout the all servers and including on newly made servers and merged servers so i am posting this simple yet effective guide for the players experiencing lag problem.
    I HOPE YOU FIND IT HELPFULL

STEP1: As you already know the best way to reduce lag is to clear your browsing data, clearing your cookies, cache, history, temporary files, and most of the unwanted items in your browser and in your computer and the truth is it works but sometimes it’s not enough so you can help the reduction by clearing everything in your browser here is how it’s done for Google chrome which most are using
    Click image for larger version

Name:	part 1 of guide.png
Views:	1
Size:	16.6 KB
ID:	1732095

Name:	part 2 of guide.png
Size:	24.6 KB
ID:	1732096

Name:	part 3 of guide.png
Size:	137.4 KB
ID:	1732097

Name:	part 4 of guide.png
Size:	136.7 KB
ID:	1732098
    Now here is how it’s done for Mozilla fire fox which is recommended by r2games

Name:	step 2 part 1.png
Size:	114.2 KB
ID:	1732099

Name:	step 2 part 2.png
Size:	230.6 KB
ID:	1732100

Name:	step 2 part 3.png
Size:	236.5 KB
ID:	1732101

Name:	step 2 part 4.png
Size:	249.2 KB
ID:	1732102

Now once you have removed all your data including your database your browser will be renewed just like how it was after your downloaded for the first time
    After this comes the tricky bit

STEP 2: Now we are done with our browsers so let’s move on to the computer
    as some of your know that a part of the data, cookies and other unwanted items is stored in your Drives so best thing to do is to defragment all the drives in your system mostly it’s just two which is C drive and D drive but some might have more so defrag them too o

Ok now your drives are clean and fresh nice job now here comes the annoying bit and sorry the more steps you go through the more annoying the work is but i assure you that it’s worth it

STEP3: Now here is a question

Do you guys have an antivirus program for both your computer and your internet?

If Yes the great

If No then please download or buy one

This is highly recommended

Why?

because even though you might not know this but almost every hour you spend on your computer surfing the net you r downloading virus and not 1 or 2 like 50 to 60 depending on the amount of time your spending which currently alot so get both a net protection and antivirus software for both the computer and the internet

Also make sure that you have both an internet protection and a pc protection

Why should I get an internet protection? Isn’t it enough just to have a pc protection with firewall and antivirus software running?

No. The reason is because Pc protection software gives only protection to your drivers which are basically most important since if you lose them and your system crashes then you would have lost valuable data but that’s about all the pc protection does an internet antivirus protection software prevents most of the virus from entering your computer in the first place hence lesser tension

Why not just get an internet antivirus program and forget about the pc protection?

The reason is because even though the internet protection prevents most of the virus from entering your pc it can still let in some new malwares which can be very harmful for your computer and a pc with no pc protection is just a sitting duck in a wolves den so get your pc protection it’s not going to cost you as much as a new computer

How is virus related to our lag problem?

Viruses cause lag because they use your computer's resources to function. one example are worms (not to be confused with WORM). worms are self replicating programs which exist solely to slow down your PC. they are difficult to detect, and therefore difficult to remove. it’s best to have a antivirus software for both internet and the PC is good

Here is a small experiment I conducted on the virus related to lag issue
    My best friend also plays this game and he experiences lag issue and here is what I found he doesn't have a antivirus program so I shared mine with him and I ran a scan in his pc and what I found was his pc filled with viruses the program quarantined almost every single program running in his pc and took him a long time to remove all of them since the cleaning systems was so slow hehehe so I also came to believe that virus is related to our lag in a way I don't know about it and if by some chance any of you guys know the how its related then tell me ok
    Got your virus locked up with your antivirus program good job
    Let’s move on to our next annoying job

STEP 4: Now that we have refreshed our PC from virus the next annoying job is refreshing the entire system which is kind of easy just switch it off and then after 10 mins switch it back on simple as you can get just doing it is kind of boring. Doing this twice makes sure that your pc is really refreshed because sometimes it doesn't fully refresh like mine and even though I recommend refreshing twice but if some are lazy like me then just refresh once

Ok pc all refreshed good work let’s move on to our last and final annoying work

STEP 5: Now the last thing to do is to refresh your internet connection like if you’re using broadband connection then just switch off the modem and switch it back on then disconnect your system from your internet connection wires and just reinstall them and that’s all simple easy and very effective also even though some of these tasks might sound pointless they actually help try it as you will know it

STEP 6 : Another thing you might want to add is GameBooster. Another thing you might want to try is to set the priority for you web browser to high. This will usually increase you speed dramatically. Just be sure that your CPU is not running at 100%. Your RAM should also be checked.

WARNING: PLEASE DO NOT DO THESE ACTIVITIES FREQUENTLY THE FOLLOWING METHODS ARE NOT MEANT TO BE DONE ONCE OR TWICE A WEEK THESE METHODS SHOULD ONLY BE DONE ONCE IN TWO OR THREE MONTHS

I HOPE THIS GUIDE WAS HELPFULL TO ALL
    HAVE A GOOD DAY
    Last edited by Hyorinmaru6; 08-12-2012, 04:25 AM.
    Learn the search function and use the search function help r2 by reducing the threads which might have already been posted

I am a 100% Noob

I AM STILL PURE NON CASHER WHO WILL NOT SPEND

Become a friend and be kind

hate and violence only brings wars which will lead to casualties

MY GUIDES:
    [Guide-How to reduce lag]

I THANK YOU FOR YOUR HARD WORK

Great Guide!
    Server: Belas Chasm
    Name(s): ThatNoob & GM
    Class(es): Hybrid Rogue,Hybrid Ranger
    Level(s): 53 Mortal & 40 Mortal
    Guild: LegioN
    Wing: Dual Angel Wings I

Fave Quote:Rejected

Comment

Viruses cause lag because they use your computer's resources to function. one example are worms (not to be confused with WORM). worms are self replicating programs which exist solely to slow down your PC. they are difficult to detect, and therefore difficult to remove.

Comment

nice guide

Comment

thank u and thanks for the info awesome101
          Learn the search function and use the search function help r2 by reducing the threads which might have already been posted

I am a 100% Noob

MY GUIDES:

Comment

nice guide, quincy XD
            Server: Celestial Peaks
            Name: (S12)Roses
            Class: Rogue
            Level: 67 Mortal
            Guild: (S18)Judgement
            Gear: gold savage with demonfog bayonet (proudly, to +9 )
            Wings: Ultimate Demigod Wings Vlll
            Honor: Marquis (halfway to Duke)

BOREDOM KILLS

Comment

wow nice job buddy this will really help the players TRULY AWESOME GUIDE
              FALL INTO DESPAIR AND I SHALL REAP YOUR PATHETIC MORTAL SOULS
              RRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWAAA

Comment

well there's a better way to reduce lagg use cc cleaner and disk defragmenter will make your computer run at top speed

Comment

i'm using linux and i'm not having lag and i don't need to clear history, caché cookie or needed to use Ccleaner
                  Visita mi blog de Crystal Saga en español(es nuevo si quieres ayudame )

Comment

" i'm using linux and i'm not having lag and i don't need to clear history, caché cookie or needed to use Ccleaner "

I agree with that, linux/ubuntu are some of the best OS's IMHO. I have never had a virus os worms or spyware/malware on any machine running ubuntu/kubuntu/lubuntu/linux/linux mint or of course OSX, it seems 98% of the people that lag use Windows, kind of a pattern there, huh?

Great Guide though, I like the screenshots, those are always helpful for people who aren't computer savvy.

I would even recommend Downloading Ubuntu's ISO and burn to disk and partition half or less your HD and use it for CS, you will notice a difference, Use Chrome browser though, over the years Firefox has turned into Internet Explorer lol...

Comment

well there's a better way to reduce lagg use cc cleaner and disk defragmenter will make your computer run at top speed
                      This guide was meant for those who are not good with computer and some players are kids like me so obviously will not know how to clear cookies,cache and history or know how to defrag the system

i'm using linux and i'm not having lag and i don't need to clear history, caché cookie or needed to use Ccleaner
                      Good for you

Sometimes lag is also caused by virus and yes having a good OS helps alot
                      those who use ubuntu/kubuntu/lubuntu/linux/linux mint or OSX this guide is not for these users its meant for the 75% who use windows also this guide a way of making
                      troublesome tasks easy as possible.

I would even recommend Downloading Ubuntu's ISO and burn to disk and partition half or less your HD and use it for CS, you will notice a difference, Use Chrome browser though, over the years Firefox has turned into Internet Explorer
                      True you will see a difference

This guide is only to make troublesome tasks like that non troublesome by making tasks simple yet effective

I am a 100% Noob

MY GUIDES:

Comment

Great guide. Another thing you might want to add is GameBooster. Another thing you might want to try is to set the priority for you web browser to high. This will usually increase you speed dramatically. Just be sure that your CPU is not running at 100%. Your RAM should also be checked.

Comment

Nice one......
                          Server-Psychodelica
                          IGN-healGod
                          Class-Priest

Comment

good guide went into real detail
                            User:Patrick2675
                            Class:Mage
                            Guild:thenemy
                            Server: The Wilterlands

My guides <---Mages/Easy pet leveling ---> Weekly events and promotions--->

Comment

i didn't add any detail it was simple and easy to understand (for the kids who play this game)

I am a 100% Noob

MY GUIDES:

Comment

Working...
                              X