Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floating Damage?

can sum1 explain what this is plz?

Was just about to ask that.... I assume it has to deal with DoT skills or something of that nature.
    Stop drooling over my gf please.....that's my job!

Comment

Basically, in most games floating damage is referred to as the numbers that appear above the characters when they are attacked. In short, it is referring to the attack/damage dealt. I believe that you are referring to a astral. I'm not sure yet if how it really works coz I too is still in the process of learning Wartune with you guys. I'm thinking that floating damage can be both MATK or PATK so that no matter what class you are you are still to benefit from it. Hopefully, someone can clarify this to us more.

edit: it increases the min/max damage range.

Comment

Originally posted by R2CS_Mark View Post
        Basically, in most games floating damage is referred to as the numbers that appear above the characters when they are attacked. In short, it is referring to the attack/damage dealt. I believe that you are referring to a astral. I'm not sure yet if how it really works coz I too is still in the process of learning Wartune with you guys. I'm thinking that floating damage can be both MATK or PATK so that no matter what class you are you are still to benefit from it. Hopefully, someone can clarify this to us more.
        That's very close to my findings. I believe floating damage is the derived damage dealt after the Attack vs Defense calculation is factored in. Therefore, it really wrecks low defense targets, but is not as effective against tanks.

Comment

I've heard from multiple people it's to add for your DoT / Poison damage, but now that you mention about the floating damage text it seems a bit more likely to be universal for classes.
          ♥ Shermie ♥

Comment

Originally posted by xCrimsonXero View Post
            I've heard from multiple people it's to add for your DoT / Poison damage, but now that you mention about the floating damage text it seems a bit more likely to be universal for classes.
            But there are only like 2 skills in the whole game that deal DoT. Having a stat affect that would be so trivial.

Comment

Yup, that's why it would be silly
              ♥ Shermie ♥

Comment

It can be truth that it actually increase all the damage dealt ( imho it works also for rebound/thorns/reflect or what is it called ). Im not sure if it works for the abilities granted by astrals tho - the 10% chance to reflect 10% damage. If yes, it can be used in some nice combos out there.
                Cheers

Comment

Consider it like true damage. It adds to everything. (Procs/heals/damage/dots/etc.) Or it defends you from anything. (Flat damage reduction)

From what ive tested so far. =x

Comment

I'm sure of it now. I tested my damage against multiple targets of varying PDEF with my +14% Floating Damage Astral on and off.

Against tanky Knights, I saw little increase. My average damage went up by exactly 14%, however doesn't give as much as an extra +288 extra PATK (which is a lower level and rarity Astral).

Against mages, however, that 14% increase was much more than +288 PATK would give.

Comment

Originally posted by LordMagus View Post
                      I'm sure of it now. I tested my damage against multiple targets of varying PDEF with my +14% Floating Damage Astral on and off.

Against tanky Knights, I saw little increase. My average damage went up by exactly 14%, however doesn't give as much as an extra +288 extra PATK (which is a lower level and rarity Astral).

Against mages, however, that 14% increase was much more than +288 PATK would give.
                      Nice info there LordMagus. Now that really puts into perspective on whether to take this particular astral or not. I am imagining that you are a mage based upon your name. If not what class are you so we can consider what class it would be designed to help out the most.
                      Crystal Saga - S18 - Judgement
                      Wrenboh, Allanon, Collboh, Ravenlock, Wrenbrogue

Wartunes S1
                      Wrenboh, Collboh - Judgement

(Guildmaster Guide )
                      (How To Submit a Ticket)
                      ( Battleground Guide )

Comment

So since I wasn't sure what the Astral does, I sent a question to support. This is the answer I got:

John Smith,

A customer support staff member has replied to your support request, ##@$@$ with the following response:

John Smith,

The floating damage refers to the number that appears above the toons when they are dealt with damage. Therefore, the "Soul of Ashura"'s effect is that it amplifies your overall damage. We are still looking into the issue if necessary changes should be made about its description to avoid confusion or mislead players. If you have any other concerns, do not hesitate to contact us.

-The R2Games Team

We hope this response has sufficiently answered your questions. If not, please do not send another email. Instead, reply to this email or login to your account for a complete archive of all your support requests and responses.

So LordMagus was right, it's just a percent increase to all your damage. Seems pretty good at higher levels. (and yes, that is the exact email I received, engrish and all )

Comment

Ok, so we have a yellow astral, that increases floating damage by 7%, or in another word, increases the damage you do by 7%. But on the other hand we have an astral that disables your critical to increase your overall damage by 5% ? Either they are wrong, or it just doesn't make any sense to me.

Comment

Both raises your base attack or the attack you do, but cant hit criticals

Comment

One of em clearly says : disable crit damage when attacking but damage is increased by 5%, meaning you won't be able to do critical hits anymore but all your dmg is increased by 5%, it doesn't say anything about floating dmg not affecting criticals.

Comment

Working...
                              X