Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Archer Build (Test and Constructive Criticism needed!)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Archer Build (Test and Constructive Criticism needed!)

This is a breakdown build of what I am using. I am currently level 30 and going! Unfortunately I don't know what or how many skill points are obtainable or if either all skills can be leveled at least once. Creative criticism wanted!

Now on to the list of what build I use. *skill description all at level 1

Skills

Tier 1
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2012-09-05 at 2.58.25 PM.png
Views:	1
Size:	11.4 KB
ID:	1732268
    Arrow Strike ~ Deals 80%+15 damage to a random single enemy; crit rate increased by 20% and increases rage by 5 points;MAX

*this as you will use it often as either a filler if all skills are on cooldown or to build up rage, so might as well level it up for the damage.

Tier 2

Name:	Screen Shot 2012-09-05 at 2.58.30 PM.png
Size:	11.9 KB
ID:	1732269
    Multi-shot ~ Randomly completes two attacks, with each attack dealing 45%+25 physical damage; crit rate +100%;MAX

*the skill that every non-archer player complains about. Its 100% crit so it synergizes very well with skills such as Battle Prowess since it procs its every time. Adds 2 stacks of Battle Prowess each case even if the damage is mitigated to 0. With Acumen say you have 20, you spend 10, you fire off 2 shots, giving you 25, a plus 5 rage gain!

Name:	Screen Shot 2012-09-05 at 2.59.21 PM.png
Size:	11.7 KB
ID:	1732270
    Eye of the Eagle ~ Increases Crit Rate and max HP by 10%;MAX

*its just natural! :P

Tier 3

Name:	Screen Shot 2012-09-05 at 2.58.03 PM.png
Size:	11.6 KB
ID:	1732271
    Acumen ~ Receive an extra 3 rage after each turn;MAX

*who wouldn't want rage? With Arrow Strike plus 5 rage, you can fire off Multi-shot on the 2nd round

Name:	Screen Shot 2012-09-05 at 2.58.36 PM.png
Size:	11.1 KB
ID:	1732272
    Delphic Sniper ~ Deals 280%+380 damage to a random single enemy; crit rate increased by 20%;0/3

*the strongest nuke with a crit rate increase of 20%, now with 20% plus your stats that you already have, your normal attacks should be critting regularly, I chose not to take it as the cast time is pretty long, enemies get at least 2 hits in if not 3 with a slow debuff. Multi-shot would be your best bet

Name:	Screen Shot 2012-09-05 at 2.58.58 PM.png
Size:	11.5 KB
ID:	1732273
    Poison Arrow ~ Deals 44% physical damage to a random single enemy; reduces HP by 44% of physical damage; lasts 3 turns;1/3

*keeping this at a minimum since the DoT damage is insignificant, not worth it

Tier 4

Name:	Screen Shot 2012-09-05 at 2.58.10 PM.png
Size:	12.1 KB
ID:	1732274
    Focused Attack ~ Physical Attack boost of 5%;MAX

*again it just seems natural! :P

Name:	Screen Shot 2012-09-05 at 2.59.06 PM.png
Size:	10.6 KB
ID:	1732275
    Deep Freeze ~ Deals 162%+150 physical damage to a single rear enemy and reduces casting speed by 100%; lasts 2 turns;1/4

*this is for now my main nuke, without Delphic Sniper. I prefer the slow over the crit rate increase, because I crit enough, and I need to test soon whether Delphic Sniper or Deep Freeze cast first. It may also be a weaker damage output but its still good enough

Name:	Screen Shot 2012-09-05 at 2.59.26 PM.png
ID:	1732276
    Battle Prowess ~ After a crit, boosts damage dealt by all teammates by 1%. Stackable up to 5 times; lasts 5 turns;MAX

*10% damage adds up, and is easy to obtain 5 stacks and keep it up there

Tier 5

Name:	Screen Shot 2012-09-05 at 2.58.18 PM.png
Size:	11.2 KB
ID:	1732277
    Bloodthirsty Strike ~ Deals 120% damage to a single front-row target and converts 50% of the damage dealt to HP regen;0/3

*as of now I don't wish to level it because the heal is insignificant

Name:	Screen Shot 2012-09-05 at 2.58.42 PM.png
Size:	12.6 KB
ID:	1732278
    Lunatic Fire ~ Deals 85% physical damage to all enemies; crit rate increased by 10;0/3

*weak AoE, leaving it to the mage

Name:	Screen Shot 2012-09-05 at 2.59.11 PM.png
ID:	1732279
    Armor Piercer ~ Deals 140%+100 physical damage to a single rear target, physical defense reduced by 100, lasts 3 turns. Defense reduction can be stacked a maximum of 4 times;MAX

*I see this as my secondary nuke with the debuff being the main selling point. By stacking 4 times, it does -400 armor and with a 1 second cooldown in between 3 turns, it is really easy to stack and keep up

Name:	Screen Shot 2012-09-05 at 2.59.32 PM.png
Size:	11.8 KB
ID:	1732280
    Scatter Shot ~ Debuffs one positive buffs for all enemies;1/3-MAX

*Im debating whether to keep it minimum or max it because 1. I could easily counter Rebound, Battle Prowess, Shield (really effective in arena, I've seen it!) and whatever buffs they may have and if I max it, it reduces enemy rage, best against those who don't have armor that gives off rage after hits. 2. To keep it at a minimum and forget the rage remove. I am on the strong side of leaving it at 1/3

Tier 6

Name:	Screen Shot 2012-09-05 at 2.58.52 PM.png
Size:	13.0 KB
ID:	1732281
    Delphic Death Star ~ Deals 189%+315 physical damage to 2 to 4 random enemies and has a 50% chance to cause the enemy to lose a turn; crit rate increased by 20%;0/1

*my only regret not taking this road is the 50% stun

Name:	Screen Shot 2012-09-05 at 2.59.37 PM.png
Size:	11.7 KB
ID:	1732282
    Incendiary Shot ~ Deals 195%+390 damage to a single random target and spreads 50% of damage dealt to all enemies within 1 square. In addition, reduces damage by 30% for all targets currently under buffs. Lasts 3 turns;MAX

*a stronger nuke damage wise than Delphic Death Star and has the ability to reduce incoming damage. With the damage reducer, great skill for survivability. Can be in conjunction with Scatter Shot, but its a loss of a turn casting both skills.

Overall, I see this tree more in an Arena because you can hide behind teammates and cast the skills and maybe even 1 on 1 but kind of reliant because it takes time to actually get these skills off, instead of the pure damage tree with the Delphics.
    Last edited by autlos; 09-05-2012, 07:33 PM.

Bump bump bump

Comment

To be absolutely honest with you....Alot of the Archers skills are useless. Delphic has WAY TO HIGH of a rage cost for damage it does. Maybe it is bugged. But my Multi-Shot does the same amount of total damage if not more and I can cast it every other turn. An Archers life in Wartunes is spent spamming the 1 and 2 Buttons. And every now and then toss in a new skill when you have the rage for it.

Poison is an adequate skill when lower levels I guess. I respecced out of it asap.

Blood Thirsty Strike is more like a last ditch effort save skill. But its cooldown is to long for the HP it gives you.

Alot of people think Archers are OP but they are pretty balanced. It comes down to how you play. If you focus on PvE then your Build will be totally Different than PvP players.

I am an Archer on Temple and only posses 3 Skills. ( The 4th skill is never used or in toolbar ( Poison Arrow) And I am currently sitting in 5th place in Arena. ( I am sure that will change byu the time I am done typing this.)

I am not a Casher and I dont even have full sockets on my gear. With 2 level 3 gems ( made from Cata drops) My gems are even lacking. But here is what my charcter looks like.

Arrow Strike Lvl 4. Multi-Shot lvl 3. Focused Attack, Accumen, Eye of the eagle. All Maxed. ( Your passive skills). Deep Freeze Lvl 3 ( Your PvP bread and Butter)

Unfortunately this means you have to waste 2 skill points into Poison Arrow so you can upgrade Deep Freeze to lvl 3. But it is well worth it.

This build also works well in PvE Dungeons. You give up Lunatic Fire ( your weak and useless AoE) but that is ok. In Dungeons you will have mages with their AoE specialties. Or at least a Knight who will buy you time to lay out enough DPS to end the battle.

If you have any more questions then please send me a message on forums and i will try and answer you when I can.
      Crystal Saga
      CarnivorousX
      Celestial Palace
      Ranger Lvl 8x Scion
      Guild Edan

WarTune
      Temple of Ibalize
      Archer Lvl 4x
      Faithful of Malicious

Comment

My savior. Thank you for your input, really really really, a bajillion times appreciated! But a question about Deep Freeze, you say make it worth it? How exactly? And that is true about the 1 and 2 abilities, I practically dont use other abilities except for PvE, and very rarely PvP when I know Im winning. The bloodthirsty strike even heal you for a good amount?

Comment

By makes it worth I mean by wasting 2 points into a skill you will never use ( Poison Arrow) it allows you to use Lvl 3 Deep Freeze. And all I can say is.. O.O!! Damn. Essentially if you get the QTE right I get off 2 Multi-Shots per 1 attack from enemy. for 2 Turns. And as any can attest to.... That ALMOST guarantees a win. And in Catacombs it makes the Bosses so much easier. I could barely kill the lvl 40 boss. Once I respecced out of the atrocity that was BlooDthirsty and Lunatic fire I am sitting at lvl 50.

BlooDThirsty is a decent skill for late game. Since it heals you 50% based on the damage you do. In Dungeons it may be useful. But in Arena the fights end to quickly to make the 45 rage cost worth it. To me anyways. And in Cata I would rather just drop a rune and save the rage for... You guessed it. Deep Freeze
          Crystal Saga
          CarnivorousX
          Celestial Palace
          Ranger Lvl 8x Scion
          Guild Edan

WarTune
          Temple of Ibalize
          Archer Lvl 4x
          Faithful of Malicious

Comment

Hmm, I really thought I chose the wrong path. Nice to know I took this path! Buahaha thanks! I was saving up balens to respec but now I dont need to! Lol Now the question with Bloodthirsty Shot, what would you say your current HP is now? Around lets say 10k health? Is the heal worth the 45 second worth the rage consumption too? Overall is it even worth to get?

Comment

You could fix the Acumen description, you only gain 3-5 rage every CRITICAL hit.

Poison Arrow isn't as bad as you think if you have high damage output. I have 7.2k p.atk and lvl 2 poison arrow does 52% of my damage for 3 turn, 4 turns with QTE. That's around 3.5k damage every round for 3-4 rounds. And on top of it you can use your other skills on those rounds while poison is ticking on your target, so it greatly increases your DPS. This can be most effective against bosses in catacombs when you have to get maximum DPS

Bloodthirsty Strike is awesome when maxed, it heals 80% of your damage done when you use QTE. And it's even more amazing when you pump up your attack.

IGN: prNu
              BR: 4.4M+
              Class: 80 Corsair
              Server: 48

Comment

Originally posted by autlos View Post
                Hmm, I really thought I chose the wrong path. Nice to know I took this path! Buahaha thanks! I was saving up balens to respec but now I dont need to! Lol Now the question with Bloodthirsty Shot, what would you say your current HP is now? Around lets say 10k health? Is the heal worth the 45 second worth the rage consumption too? Overall is it even worth to get?
                Bloodthirsty Strike can give you a little extra time in PvP or catacombs.

Comment

Lol, Im in the catacombs as we speak, and I think Im gonna invest a point in it or two! Ahahaha

Comment

deep freez is great attck cuz after that ur opponent will slow down n u can attck twice in a row. only have lvl 2 atm.
                    Now Playing ~ Shadowbound [S13] - Hunter

played games so far (in many different account) ~ Crystal Saga, Wartune, Broken Realm, Eternal Saga, Dragon Pals, Yitien, Blade Hunter (alpha), Lunaria Story, League of Angels, Monkey King Online, Crusader of Solaris, Shadowbound, Mythborne (alpha), Stormthrone (alpha) more list to come

Comment

Delphic Sniper ~ Deals 280%+380 damage - 60 sec cd/80 rage (crit rate +20%)
                      Deep Freeze ~ Deals 162%+150 physical damage - 30 sec cd/ 35 rage ( reduces casting speed by 100%)
                      Sooo Deep Freze is much more better than Delphic Sniper
                      -lower rage consumption while dealing more damage and useful debuff
                      hmm... not sure about poison arrow..lvl 3 deal 64%damage and 64% DoT for 4 turns

Comment

note that damage of poison arrow is not 52% of your full patk. It's 52%patk-pdef ~ with my 3800 patk = 2400 k damage in 4 turns. It's 1 multihit..) Realy bad skill)

Comment

Originally posted by Myaff View Post
                          note that damage of poison arrow is not 52% of your full patk. It's 52%patk-pdef ~ with my 3800 patk = 2400 k damage in 4 turns. It's 1 multihit..) Realy bad skill)
                          It's actually 52% of the damage you do to your enemy. Lets say you hit someone for 1k with poison arrow, after that it will tick for 520 damage every round.

Comment

Anyway this skill is bad.

Comment

Originally posted by gx9900 View Post
                              Delphic Sniper ~ Deals 280%+380 damage - 60 sec cd/80 rage (crit rate +20%)
                              Deep Freeze ~ Deals 162%+150 physical damage - 30 sec cd/ 35 rage ( reduces casting speed by 100%)
                              Sooo Deep Freze is much more better than Delphic Sniper
                              -lower rage consumption while dealing more damage and useful debuff
                              hmm... not sure about poison arrow..lvl 3 deal 64%damage and 64% DoT for 4 turns
                              I know what the game says they do... But Delphic rarely does that kind of damage and usually Multi-Hit does the same of not more damage. And you need to level Poison Arrow to use higher levels of Deep Freeze ( One of the Archers best abilities).

So Delphic really is a waste until you have extra points you don't need anywhere else. And with decent PAtk+ Crit Poison Arrow can add ALOT of extra damage during those 4 turns.
                              Crystal Saga
                              CarnivorousX
                              Celestial Palace
                              Ranger Lvl 8x Scion
                              Guild Edan

WarTune
                              Temple of Ibalize
                              Archer Lvl 4x
                              Faithful of Malicious

Comment

Working...
                              X