Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wartune: PvP Mage (Updated) Anti-Archer/Knight

Proper Mage Guide (Updated Version)

Lightning Bolt: Lv.4 108%+75 Magic Damage To A Single Enemy (Pretty Basic Solid Skill, But Mainly Used To Get Our Next Skill Which is RoF)

Rain of Fire: Lv.4 134% Magic Damage To All Enemies (QTE: 25% Bonus) <-- This Will be your main and only saving grace (can be compared to an archer's Multi-shot though not AS hard hitting, but pretty damn close if your Matk is pretty high compared to the enemy's Patk, plus...it hits ALL Enemies,works wonders in 1v1 clearing enemy troops with little to no effort at all while at the same time damaging the opponent with some serious "Ouchie~" watch enemies in Arena 3v3 QQ about it) It's...*sniffles* Wonderful!!!! And The Low Rage Cost...Mwuah~ Superb.

Heart Elemental: Lv.2 +2 Rage Per Attack (Cuz we need Mana Master Duh)

Mana Master: Lv.3 Magic Attack Boost of 15% (Such Wonderful Wonderful Magic)

Restoration: Lv.3 Restore HP equivalent to 65% +200 of magic damage to the teammate with the smallest percentage of hp (QTE: Adds 10% Dmg Reduction for 2 turns, unsure wether this works right or not but the skill is pretty nice and can heal well into the 4k's...again, just wonderful)

Healing Empowerment: Lv.2 Healing Ability Boost of 8% + 20% Magic Defense Boost (Allows you to focus more on that Pdef <3)

Sunturia: Lv.3 Adds regen buff to all teammates that restores 4% of MAX Hp with every attack, Lasts 5 Turns. (Will Level it to 2 on my next skill point simply because at lv.2 you get QTE which adds 2 more turns of healing and the % raises to 5% If you have over 10k HP that's already 500+ Hp Per Atk!!!)

Damnation: Lv.3 2500 Fixed Damage (Bypasses Defenses and makes Opponent take 10% more damage for 5 Turns, VERY Useful Againat Other Mages with High Mdef) Focus on this LASTLY

Atm I am Lv.48 (Working On My Way to 50, Planning on Getting Castinator After) Try out this build and supply feedback on how it works for you ^^

EDIT: Update Via Pics:

Click image for larger version

Name:	SS1.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	75.6 KB
ID:	1732431

P.S. (Troop Count COUNTS For A Mage, I Use Angels With Beefed Up Academy)

Name:	SS2.JPG
Size:	64.5 KB
ID:	1732432

Name:	SS3.JPG
Size:	85.0 KB
ID:	1732433

Name:	SS4.JPG
Size:	152.9 KB
ID:	1732434

Update Edit:

Originally posted by MiHyun View Post
    seems this thread will live for a long time, I'll add in my suggestion then

@ProNab - I suggest you add in that this build would be for non casher (no 2nd skill tree) and Damnation should/would be optional as its only situational on your server, whether you need it or not. The guide is great, i love it. my build is similar to it, but I have 2nd skill tree available, so my PvP build does more dps with heals as well

stating that, you should add in a build for casher (2nd skill tree unlocked) since most/all mages come here for guidance. if you need help on that one, pm me any questions and i'll help ya out.

overall this is a good guide, long live mages!
    ^ What S/he said, When I'm Not Too Lazy I'll Post A Secondary Build for those who are actual cashers, and a full PvP Build or w/e based on my awesome knowledge, If any1 would like to post Idea do so in mailbox and I might consider adding thing if they appeal to me (of course you will get credit unless it's already within my basic knowledge)

P.S. Too Lazy to Edit a Lot so Just Copy and Pasted her Post here -.- (I'm Mexican It is within my RIGHT to be Lazy)

Update: The Following will be 2 skill sets for those Lv.50 Cashers 1st will be a PvP Build Exclusively for PvP/Arena Only, 2ndary will be an overall Dungeon Supporter (Including for that dreadful lv.50) to the best of my ability (too lazy to give reasons so i'll just lay out the skills) and NO PRETTY COLORS THIS TIME!

PvP Build:

Heart Elemental: 2/2

Mana Master: 3/3

Lightning Bolt: 4/5

Rain of Fire: 4/5

Delphic Thunder Frenzy: 1/3 *just for thunderer*

Thunderer: 2/4 *good for BG/Arena if you spend enough time building it/World Boss Use*

Restoration: 2/3 *just for heal empower*

Healing Empowerment: 2/2 *cuz you wanna guard against other possible mages*

Castinator: 2/2 *Fool be the one who doubts this Hidden Gem*

Meteoric Destroyer: 3/4 *helps in 3v3 and incinerates enemies right after a good RoF*

Skill Hotbar: Lightning Bolt - Rain Of Fire - Meteoric Destroyer - Thunderer - (your choice of delphic or Restore use it accordingly, example during BG if ya have enough rage and whatnot or restore in case of 1v1/3v3 or w/e be smart about it -.- don't have me think of every possible scenario) I Excluded the 3 points that could have gone to Damnation towards Thunderer simply because it serves as a good pvp skill and has world boss purposes

Name:	Lv.50 PvP Exclusive.JPG
Size:	43.8 KB
ID:	1733018

Dungeon Support:

Heart Elemental: 2/2

Mana Master: 3/3 *cuz healings still depend on Matk*

Lightning Bolt: 2/5 (just a rage builder, we need to conserve points)

Restoration: 3/3 *decent heal but mainly for our last heal*

Heal Empowerment: 2/2 *cuz Mdef and xtra hp recovery is always good*

Suntoria: 3/3 *for our last heal skill and not half bad*

Castinator: 2/2 *again i'ts a Hidden Gem, do not underestimate it's usefulness Specially for that lv.50 MD* (MD= Multi-Dungeon)

Meteoric Destroyer: 3/4 *we'll max it when possible and takes the place of RoF, again, with Castinator and the lv.50 Ring sets you'll pull these off with no trouble at all, you're a casher right? get tons of crypt keys for them tokens*

Purification: 3/3 *Can Be Useful At Times and mainly Gotten just for our Blessed Light*

Blessed Light: Lv.2 (cuz this will be the saving Grace for those in lv.50 dungeon) 110%+400 Magic Damage worth of heals +10 rage to all teammates (including that other mage who'll pull it off next time boss hits hard, and of course since it's lv.2 QTE gives 25% xtra hp recovery

Hotbar: Lightning Bolt - Meteoric Destroyer - Suntoria - Blessed Light - (your choice of restore or purification)

Name:	Lv.50 All Rounder.JPG
Size:	46.2 KB
ID:	1733019

Tips: have 2 mages and w/e can deal high dps, have mages stock up rage when possible (shouldn't be hard since you'll be proccing rings and castinators hardly wasting anything), keep up suntoria (have 1 mage time the next suntoria soon as it hits 1-2 turns left on it), suntoria may only provide slight healing but when played with Blessed Light you'll be glad you got that xtra bit of health (we all know what it's like to win by hair's length) anyway, both mages will alternate using Blessed Light and suntoria, if you BELIEVE you will have enough rage, cast Meteoric when possible for xtra dps, but might be better to rely more on the other dpser's

Congratulations! You get a reward for posting guides for beginners, please sure to check your mailbox for our message.
    +1 (Troll Vote "It Sucked")
    11.74%
    +2 (Was "Meh")
    6.35%
    +3 (Was Alright)
    16.02%
    +4 (Was Great)
    28.04%
    +5 (OMG Amazing~ TY!)
    37.85%
    Last edited by ProNab; 10-14-2012, 10:39 AM. Reason: Update
    'Cuz I'ma CandyMan~
    ☣CAIN☣

Is the Rain of Fire lv4: really 134% in practice? I am asking because it is a such tremendous jump from the 104% at lv3.

Comment

Originally posted by andinuad View Post
      Is the Rain of Fire lv4: really 134% in practice? I am asking because it is a such tremendous jump from the 104% at lv3.
      In Practice? (if ya mean if it's Legit/True Then Yes, It is a HUGE Jump and quite OP, Lv.5 is attainable @ lv.44 and jumps from 134% to 140% not that BIG a jump as from 3 to 4 but still worth it in my opinion, that or unlock meteor in its stead for constant aoe) With RoF Lv.4 we can share our pain and hatred of Archers back with them <3 Sharing is Caring, See how THEY like being hit hard multiple times!
      'Cuz I'ma CandyMan~
      ☣CAIN☣

Comment

gosh i need voc to reset it one more time LOL combo of suntoria+RoF is the best on 3 vs 3 team duel

Comment

I have to admit, after all those times you boast, you back it up well. Nice build, very nice!

Comment

Originally posted by coroxt View Post
            gosh i need voc to reset it one more time LOL combo of suntoria+RoF is the best on 3 vs 3 team duel
            It Very Well Can Be ^^ <3

Originally posted by autlos View Post
            I have to admit, after all those times you boast, you back it up well. Nice build, very nice!
            Thx But can't hog all the credit, people who've helped/inspired/perfected this current build would Most likely go to Me (ProNoob)/Magical (Dunno her Forum Name)/And MeShuRa(Dunno His Forum Name Either lolz) But we all Play In Roaring Wetlands (Mainly through the passage of info/trial and error we can say this was the reachable conclusion) But much Appreciation for the Props <3
            'Cuz I'ma CandyMan~
            ☣CAIN☣

Comment

thx for shared..
              can't wait to try this build..

Comment

Originally posted by sniperrank View Post
                thx for shared..
                can't wait to try this build..
                You'll Love it, let us know how it turns out for you, a Before and After pics would be nice ^^ (If only I'd remember to have done that lol)
                Last edited by ProNab; 09-09-2012, 11:38 PM.
                'Cuz I'ma CandyMan~
                ☣CAIN☣

Comment

close to that went slightly hybrid so when get next pvp set will have enough rage bonus etc to mash out awesome dmg an also heal party nicely. since i'm also guessing that once we max level they will all be max anyways

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowGammaDraco View Post

close to that went slightly hybrid so when get next pvp set will have enough rage bonus etc to mash out awesome dmg an also heal party nicely. since i'm also guessing that once we max level they will all be max anyways
                    Damnation is pretty neat (@ lv.2+) but not worth it much until later on, nor is meteor compared to a lv.4 RoF, I am not being rude in the least but will just say though the skill tree "looks" close, the results are nowhere near close to the build I placed, i HIGHLY reccomend you switch and see the difference in your overpoweredness, but i went down that road as well, so yeah I know it's pretty hard to mix and match early on without knowledge of what the higher lvl skills do, but a single powerful AoE is better then 2, since it only costs once (and pretty low cost), if you have the lv.30 ring set you will proc the -30% rage cost buff almost EVERY-SINGLE-TIME! (And I Love It) can Spam RoF and keep Constantly Healed, Currently My RoF (as stated above) deals 134% Magic Damage PLUS an additional 25% to all enemies, and since you're a mage, you obviously know RoF hits 2x, that being said, I currently hit for 1.8-2.4k each hit, that's 1.8 or 2.3k times 2!!! and if it Crits even Once, HOLY HELL! near 4k if not 4k+ (depends on your luck, It Hurts...IT Hurts Sooooo gooood~~~) Give Archers A taste of their own Medicine~ <3
                    Last edited by ProNab; 09-10-2012, 12:01 AM.
                    'Cuz I'ma CandyMan~
                    ☣CAIN☣

Comment

Originally posted by ProNab View Post
                      Damnation is pretty neat (@ lv.2+) but not worth it much until later on, nor is meteor compared to a lv.4 RoF, I am not being rude in the least but will just say though the skill tree "looks" close the results are nowhere near close to the build I placed, i HIGHLY reccomend you switch and see the difference in your overpoweredness, but i went down that road as well, so yeah I know it's pretty hard to mix and match early on without knwoledge of whta the higher lvl skills do, but a single powerful AoE is better then 2, since it only costs once (and pretty low cost), if you have the lv.30 ring set you will proc the -30% rage cost buff almost EVERY-SINGLE-TIME! (And I Love It) can Spam RoF and keep Constantly Healed, Currently My RoF (as stated above) deals 134% Magic Damage PLUS an additional 25% to all enemies, and since you're a mage, you obviously know RoF hits 2x, that being said, I currently hit for 1.8-2.4k each hit, that's 1.8 or 2.3k times 2!!! and if it Crits even Once, HOLY HELL! near 4k if not 4k+ (depends on your luck, It Hurts...IT Hurts Sooooo gooood~~~) Give Archers A taste of their own Medicine~ <3
                      i know lol. didn't reset before hit 25. that 400 dmg only is meh. but i like having the macgyver setup4 everything else. some partys end up lacking in some area's. rain of fire i dig . everyones always told me "why are you using a aoe on one person" *because it has 2x chance to crit* &does same dmg as normal hit when qte. ;-p
                      but also ran out of crypt keys. so i got the stuff for lorekeeper set to move from the nub 5 rage one. workin on arena set but that's gonna be at least 800 battles or less to get enough badges if lucky. only people i can't really beat are the ones with those pimp gears if they have the arena set. or if they manage to get double turns and double hits. or if they get a turn before me halfway in battle.

Comment

i know lol. didn't reset before hit 25. that 400 dmg only is meh. but i like having the macgyver setup4 everything else. some partys end up lacking in some area's. rain of fire i dig . everyones always told me "why are you using a aoe on one person" *because it has 2x chance to crit* &does same dmg as normal hit when qte. ;-p
                        but also ran out of crypt keys. so i got the stuff for lorekeeper set to move from the nub 5 rage one. workin on arena set but that's gonna be at least 800 battles or less to get enough badges if lucky. only people i can't really beat are the ones with those pimp gears if they have the arena set. or if they manage to get double turns and double hits. or if they get a turn before me halfway in battle.
                        Was supposed to have full set yesterday but since Arena is at 6 a.m. I Overslept Q_Q, will try to wake up early today to get the last piece lolz, I only need roughly 300 more insignias, (can always get Insignia seeds Via VIP wheel, keep resetting till ya find one, get it and redo), that 1k mdef ignore is so pro ._. (party up with the strongest people you know, i suually party with the people from my guild within the top 10, usually 13-15k+ BR ea. of us) but we're gonna try something...3 OP Mages,,,Full Arena Set,,,Spam RoF all 3 of us (all our RoF's will be Lv.4)..with 1k mdef ignore...that's 6 atks to every1 per turn...gonna see how well we do and perhaps post the results cuz AoE Spam is OP ^^
                        'Cuz I'ma CandyMan~
                        ☣CAIN☣

Comment

Was supposed to have full set yesterday but since Arena is at 6 a.m. I Overslept Q_Q, will try to wake up early today to get the last piece lolz, I only need roughly 300 more insignias, (can always get Insignia seeds Via VIP wheel, keep resetting till ya find one, get it and redo), that 1k mdef ignore is so pro ._. (party up with the strongest people you know, i suually party with the people from my guild within the top 10, usually 13-15k+ BR ea. of us) but we're gonna try something...3 OP Mages,,,Full Arena Set,,,Spam RoF all 3 of us (all our RoF's will be Lv.4)..with 1k mdef ignore...that's 6 atks to every1 per turn...gonna see how well we do and perhaps post the results cuz AoE Spam is OP ^^
                          got insta killed today by 3 ppl w arena sets who did similar. that initial rage and aoe's really dominate

i run my own guild lol. ironically there ends up being like 2 other guilds w similar name now. so recruiting is a NM. lolz. have had a couple lucky groups recently. usually get a few losses then a few wins each day, always miss it tho cause babysitting. ya the 800 battle thing is if i was having a rly bad run for like. every day until got enough lol
                          Last edited by ShadowGammaDraco; 09-10-2012, 12:14 AM.

Comment

got insta killed today by 3 ppl w arena sets who did similar. that initial rage and aoe's really dominate

i run my own guild lol. ironically there ends up being like 2 other guilds w similar name now. so recruiting is a NM. lolz. have had a couple lucky groups recently. usually get a few losses then a few wins each day, always miss it tho cause babysitting. ya the 800 battle thing is if i was having a rly bad run for like. every day until got enough lol
                            There's a theory that states the arena match ups are selected depending on rank, you are having trouble with your current team, have you and your team purposely lose rank (take off gear for a while) until you fall a little back, battle in arena (put your gear back on before arena) with weaker opponents until you have enough for the set, then reclaim your spots. see if that works for ya
                            'Cuz I'ma CandyMan~
                            ☣CAIN☣

Comment

There's a theory that states the arena match ups are selected depending on rank, you are having trouble with your current team, have you and your team purposely lose rank (take off gear for a while) until you fall a little back, battle in arena (put your gear back on before arena) with weaker opponents until you have enough for the set, then reclaim your spots. see if that works for ya
                              wow nice suggestion..i'll try this 2morrow to help my guildmates..gonna get the last PvP set tonite (it's 12am my time)..

Comment

Working...
                              X