Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

Guide for all: The Ins and outs of a mage.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guide for all: The Ins and outs of a mage.

Hey all, im redoing my mage guide to add more tips and to make it more friendly for new players. Im going to write a series of posts/ edits adding new information about what to chose whats worth the investment etc. Ill also add aditional info about event pets, mounts and gear. But to start of im going to write out my build (pure ice) which means all my skill points go on the ice section. Every even number of levels your allicated skill points to spend, this will be explained around level 5 in game. You spend these points on learning new skills and upgradeing the ones you have. You also get allicated attribute points found under charcter in the bottom left corner. For mage you should put all points on Intellect to give you better MATK and defences for your class. Im going to write my build (ideal build) for a level 80 (why its good etc) for you to follow along and progress you char untill you reach it. OK here goes;

Left Tree, Blizard lvl 1(handy AoE slows multiple in this case 4 targets and deals ranged damage), Halo of ice lvl 1(which prevents targets movment handy for PvP and can freeze 7 targets best used on close combat enemies/players ie knights and rouges) Improved blizzard lvl 1(deals more damage and allows 7 targets),Empyrean winds lvl 1 (pushes back one target whilst dealing damage, great for Pvp again especially against rouges and knights)

Middle Tree:ice cone lvl 1(can be lvl 5 when you begin the game but is ideal to wait for improved ice cone), Wind strike Lvl 1 (once again wait for the improved if you dont want to waste a SOT) Improved Ice Cone lvl5 (this helps alot slowing movment speed as well by 70%), Frost lvl1 (handy use in delivery it can be used as a ranged freeze on one target but if you are to atk the frozen player it breaks the freeze otherwise they will wait 3seconds before they can move so your delivering player may have a chance to run),Improved Windstrike lvl 4( unfortunatly you can get it to lvl 5 at 80 but then you are likly to rebirth to the plain of scion), Ice blast lvl 1 (i know you could use this point on improved windstrike but i feel this skill is usfull giving initial damage and then more given every second for 6 seconds)

Right tree: (most of the maxing is here) Frost sheild lvl 5 (is a buff used on your self increaseing your mana regen by 28 and damage taken by 20% and lasts for 10minites)Alacrity lvl 5 (this increases your casting speed and is well worth 10 lvls of points this makes you permanantly atk faster), Magic penetration lvl 1 (gives your attack a chance to ignore your targets defence values), Deep freeze lvl 5 (great great skill excellent when AFKin increases your matk by 2% everytime you atk and the level goes up to elvel 10 increaseing your atk by 20% its worth the points ill asure you),Mana breeze lvl 1 (good skill restors large ammounts of mana every second lasting for 5 seconds, only real downside is how long its cooldown is, at lvl 1 it is 130 seconds),
    and finnally icicle armour lvl 5 (increases your defence by 208 and can trigger your target to be frozen for 5 seconds or untill atked, similarly to frost)

This will take you up untill lvl 80 at which point most will rebirth (which i will xplain more about in the future) so for now im leaving the skill tree here.

Thanks,

Please leave comments questions and suggestions for what you want to know next (you may pm me)
    User:Patrick2675
    Class:Mage
    Guild:thenemy
    Server: The Wilterlands

My guides <---Mages/Easy pet leveling ---> Weekly events and promotions--->

can u add pictures? and renovate ur post make it more organized hihi
    "Your mind will answer most questions if you learn to relax and wait for the answer."
    Keep Calm and Play Crystal saga
    Having a huge problem?= <--Talk to the game masters^^
    "Victory goes to the player who makes the next-to-last mistake."

Comment

Yea sorry i wanted to add pictures and shud of thought of that more before i rb cos currently i havnt got back all of those skill yet but ill have a tweak around with the layout and add what i can. I can promise lots of pet pics and mounts

Thanks!!!
      Last edited by tajmahal62; 11-02-2012, 08:08 AM.

Comment

would disagree with you first of all ice tree is very slow in dps and its cetainly not for pvp u would be long dead before u can finish casting ur skills.1 blizzard u cant move while casting so if u miss the target or wrong area you are dead against any class, halo of ice only good if u have blink with it to freeze nd jump away otherwise u in the middle of 3-7 players being unable to move but still able to attack,empyrean wind works good only on low lvl knights and rogues that dont stleath and gives u 1 extra attack max before u are pulled by knights or choked by rogues. single target attacks like ice cone and wind strike have basicly 1sec casting speed in that time u shouldnt be moving,being attacked or anything else otherwise the attack isnt launched, frost works better than halo of ice and gives u the same effect byt only good for 1vs1. passives are the best of ice tree u should max them all specialy magic penetration its the only skills u have angainst antimage rnagers to penetrate their md.

for best results just combine both trees for pvp and pve ull have the best result and alot faster than with either pure built.
        ps casting speed doesnt seem to be affecting the time u need to cast since the higher ur attack speed the faster u attack even for mages and priest

Comment

Originally posted by alex2707 View Post
          would disagree with you first of all ice tree is very slow in dps and its cetainly not for pvp u would be long dead before u can finish casting ur skills.1 blizzard u cant move while casting so if u miss the target or wrong area you are dead against any class, halo of ice only good if u have blink with it to freeze nd jump away otherwise u in the middle of 3-7 players being unable to move but still able to attack,empyrean wind works good only on low lvl knights and rogues that dont stleath and gives u 1 extra attack max before u are pulled by knights or choked by rogues. single target attacks like ice cone and wind strike have basicly 1sec casting speed in that time u shouldnt be moving,being attacked or anything else otherwise the attack isnt launched, frost works better than halo of ice and gives u the same effect byt only good for 1vs1. passives are the best of ice tree u should max them all specialy magic penetration its the only skills u have angainst antimage rnagers to penetrate their md.

for best results just combine both trees for pvp and pve ull have the best result and alot faster than with either pure built.
          ps casting speed doesnt seem to be affecting the time u need to cast since the higher ur attack speed the faster u attack even for mages and priest
          I will try out som other build in my later scion but for now i feel this does my job

Comment

great guide tajmahal62
            if you have a Problem send a ticket

Comment

Originally posted by theifkid View Post
              great guide tajmahal62
              Thanks i have lots lots more posts to add and im screenshoting so you guys can enjoy. I have also begun a new build for scion which include prodomanantly fire skills, but that part of the guides a while off. I think the next guide like post will be V soon

Comment

Originally posted by tajmahal62 View Post
                Thanks i have lots lots more posts to add and im screenshoting so you guys can enjoy. I have also begun a new build for scion which include prodomanantly fire skills, but that part of the guides a while off. I think the next guide like post will be V soon
                can you make guide for ice mages i am an ice mage

Comment

Its Lazy To Read No Colors Only Black
                  INFO:
                  IGN: Dreii
                  Class:Sword Dancer
                  Server: S3 (The Guilding Hall)
                  Level: 88 (Still Leveling)
                  Clan: Moon
                  Title: Guru
                  BR: 90957 (Aiming to become 100k)

STATS:
                  Attack:25298
                  Defense:28319
                  Hit:353
                  Dodge:858
                  Crit:546
                  Block:542
                  Attack Speed Damage:2391
                  Crit Damage:202

''Patience is Virtue''

SUBSCRIBE ME ON FACEBOOK

Comment

Originally posted by xXExtremeXx View Post
                    Its Lazy To Read No Colors Only Black
                    No idea what that means (i have seen othe posts with soo many colours i couldnt read)

Comment

can you make guide for ice mages i am an ice mage
                      I have a general guide for mages. Alot of stuff over laps but the build above is for ice mage

Comment

love your guide about easy pet leveling

Comment

it helped me

Comment

love your guide about easy pet leveling
                            Thanks i find loads of people find there pets dont level much so i thought id help

Comment

Apologies on not adding more to this guide yet havnt had the time i promise theres more to come soon!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X