DC Related Penalties

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DC Related Penalties

Okay, normally I'm not one to complain ... now now people, it's true. I take everything with a good natured aplomb that makes Buddhist Monks look like Road-Roid Raging Freakazoids. Today though perturbed me a little.

While doing the Badlands, I was experiencing wonderful lag which culminated in a DC. Now, I know not to run things in the background or even in other tabs when I want to play Wartune because it has these issues (I am in China after all). However, the ******-canoes I was running with punted me from the group, and thus I lose out on 1 of MP Dungeon for the day, which amounts to colossal suck-*** as it means I can't collect on the Rose Petal quest for this day, unless of course it miraculously floats into the next day and the final day of it allows me to float again into the next event.

The point is, DC's are often out of control of the people who are, well, DC'd. Now if I was in an SP Dungeon, I'd just bounce right back in. If I was in the Catacombs, I'd just bounce back in and pick up where I left off. But as DCs happen in MP Dungeons, and as people have to sometimes do them with PUGs, and sometimes these other PUGs are impatient grabasstic ******-pickles who boot you the minute you don't prove to have a bandwidth of 3TB a second, and this may prevent the achievement of quests or obtainment of loot, and may impact the general sanity and well-being of the player, can I suggest that if someone shows as DC'd and is booted by the room leader, the MP Dungeon NOT count against them? Is there a way to do this? Because frankly I wanted to climb through my monitor, find the three ******-nozzles who punted me and bite their faces off.

I know the potential for abuse in this by simply getting to the end and then having people shut down their browsers to simulate a DC and getting punted by the Party Leader, but I'm now 2 Rose Petals further away from my Pig dammit!

Love,
    Malf
    Finagle's Law - Anything that can go wrong will normally go wrong in the worst possible way.

Malfaedor
    Kabam Server 1 - US West
    Guild: MntyPython

General Zod
    S5 - Roaring Wetlands
    Guild: Saga

Aww *huggles the Rex*

Comment

I am saddened for your exp loss, but the quest can still be done.

After spending your attempts, go to Nether Forest and wipe the place out, it will complete the quest since the requirement is clearing 3 MPs within the day, not clearing in the limits of your attempts.
      The Last Remnant OSTs Go!!!

{OuO**

Comment

Originally posted by Rex_Typhoon View Post
        the ******-canoes

<snip>

impatient grabasstic ******-pickles

<snip>

the three ******-nozzles
        I giggled at these considerably...

Fact for the day:

Did you know that '******' means shower in dutch...
        Originally posted by CreamySaucepan
        You are just a freakozoid... Monster of Frankenstein meets Jabba the Hutt... Frabba the Huttstein... :P
        Behind every fat Space Slug is a blood thirsty sociopath urging it on.

Comment

Originally posted by GingerTheHutt View Post
          Did you know that '******' means shower in dutch...
          :P Good to see you're remembering your Dutch lessons... We've merely stolen it from the French, though. :P

Comment

aww Rex, I feel your pain but as DeathRiver said it means completing not completing plus good and xp.. so go run nether with both hands tied to your wings...

Yeah, he's SOOOOOOO romantic

Personal: Married to the most wonderful man in the world. Love you, Kit. Cara 'ch, 'm blaidd.

Honesty is an expensive gift, don't expect it from cheap people.

Demented children don't impress me.

Comment

Originally posted by Serrin View Post
              aww Rex, I feel your pain but as DeathRiver said it means completing not completing plus good and xp.. so go run nether with both hands tied to your wings...
              But zomg, Nether Forest is sooooo tough! Those bears, like, slash you completely open! Like, totally! It's just too hard! not to mention those wolves! Take at least three 40+ mages in that constantly cast Restoration and Suntoria, otherwise you'll just diiiieeee!! :/

Comment

Originally posted by CreamySaucepan View Post
                But zomg, Nether Forest is sooooo tough! Those bears, like, slash you completely open! Like, totally! It's just too hard! not to mention those wolves! Take at least three 40+ mages in that constantly cast Restoration and Suntoria, otherwise you'll just diiiieeee!! :/
                You only die if you don't get your rabies shot before going in......

Yeah, he's SOOOOOOO romantic

Personal: Married to the most wonderful man in the world. Love you, Kit. Cara 'ch, 'm blaidd.

Honesty is an expensive gift, don't expect it from cheap people.

Demented children don't impress me.

Comment

:/ ... Well, ****...

Comment

Oh I dunno. Me and two guildies ran NF last night and I swear one of the guildies was lucky to survive. We had 3 knights (60, 63 and 52 I think) and dayum those things hit hard. One of ours ran ahead and I just thought they were fubar'd. We barely got to them in time to save them...and one of those critters hit me for 32 points of damage!! God I burned through the hp pots last night.
                    Yitien:

Class: Assassin lvl 78
                    BR: 67K
                    Server: Qianfo Hall

Comment

Originally posted by Serrin View Post
                      You only die if you don't get your rabies shot before going in......
                      I need a rabies shot!?

feck. :/ why is this not discussed in the End User Agreement!?

I WANT MY MONEY BACK! & some soul crystals...
                      You are just a freakozoid... Monster of Frankenstein meets Jabba the Hutt... Frabba the Huttstein... :P

Comment

Originally posted by Barbarossa View Post
                        Oh I dunno. Me and two guildies ran NF last night and I swear one of the guildies was lucky to survive. We had 3 knights (60, 63 and 52 I think) and dayum those things hit hard. One of ours ran ahead and I just thought they were fubar'd. We barely got to them in time to save them...and one of those critters hit me for 32 points of damage!! God I burned through the hp pots last night.
                        OMG!

sounds like you were lucky to survive!

Comment

Originally posted by Barbarossa View Post
                          I am so glad you made it out alive!! *hugs the Barbie*

Comment

I was planning to run a lowbie through a dungeon to see if "completing" one would work - but I still want to be able to punt those ******-crackers right in the nards. And I wanted to rant about said ******-candles on the forum. Ranting is good!

Oh, and je know ****** en francais is "shower" - je suis Canadian est parler le franglais a bit. ;-)

Will get my rabies booster and go give those bears a hug!
                            Finagle's Law - Anything that can go wrong will normally go wrong in the worst possible way.

Malfaedor
                            Kabam Server 1 - US West
                            Guild: MntyPython

General Zod
                            S5 - Roaring Wetlands
                            Guild: Saga

Comment

That's why you run with guildies or friends.

PUGs are risky.
                              Officially retired from Wartune and Forums.
                              [No longer logging in]

Comment

Working...
                              X