X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hybrid knight vs full tank knight

Hello my fellow players.

Here's the issue.
    I've been playing a dps knight for quite some time. It helped me early levels once I started to use balens. But now that I'm hitting 55 soon, so I'm going to change my stats a little.
    Skill is not a problem for me as I got 2 skill trees. But I'm in a dilemma on whether to go full tank or hybrid.

Right now I'm thinking that if I go full tank, my defense would be very good and I'll be usefull in MP, but my attack will degrade a lot. I have Will destroyer and lvl 4 thrasher to compensate but still it wont help me much in solo arena and in some cases, multi arena & GB. (depends on situation) If you believe full tank is the best option, why and how?

Now if i go Hybrid, I'll have another dilemma on whether to focus mdef or pdef. (I wont sacrifice my block. Maybe Hp) And I'll be better in solo arena and decent in parties such as MP and multi arena. If you think Hybrid is a better build for me, Pdef or Mdef and why Hybrid?

Let me know if you want to know more. Will appreciate all the help i can get from you guys.

Hybrid is something I would suggest.

pretty decent defences+hp combined with sufficient damage.
    I would suggest trying to increase both pdef & mdef while keeping good hp, gem it right (and some g skills) it should work
    S166. lvl: 78(soon/is)
    Mage: Existence (G.M)
    BR: 113k-ish 70 set's done!!

Comment

Originally posted by Smoldering View Post

I would suggest trying to increase both pdef & mdef while keeping good hp, gem it right (and some g skills) it should work
      Hmm.. I see your point but it's hard to fit it all in.
      FYI, I got Goddess blessing astral so astral slots are limited.

Comment

goddess blessing is ok but at level 55 id go with pdef,block,mdef,patk,will destroyer then at 60 use the goddess blessing or beter yet a illusion astral if you have two skill trees id go for mp tank heavy with level 1 slasher level 1 ultimate slasher level 1 delphic destoyer and level 2 whirlwind for mobs and level 2 ultimate delphic for boss battles in mp the other tree id go full damage max out the first three skills i listed you can come chat with me on s80 names vine ill explain in beter detail the pros and cons thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Smoldering View Post

You will need to be an uber casher to be a hybrid. There is just no way you can have high def, high hp, and high patk all in one. If you arn't an uber casher then I suggust mostly tank which means mostly tank build but not full tank. You will have okay patk since you will have a few patk gems but most your gems will be mdef pdef and hp.

Comment

Originally posted by vinemaster View Post
            goddess blessing is ok but at level 55 id go with pdef,block,mdef,patk,will destroyer then at 60 use the goddess blessing or beter yet a illusion astral if you have two skill trees id go for mp tank heavy with level 1 slasher level 1 ultimate slasher level 1 delphic destoyer and level 2 whirlwind for mobs and level 2 ultimate delphic for boss battles in mp the other tree id go full damage max out the first three skills i listed you can come chat with me on s80 names vine ill explain in beter detail the pros and cons thanks.
            Ok. Will try work on your build. Might PM you later. Interested in you build. XD
            Btw, I'm not really planning to go to lvl 60 anytime soon as I'm planning on staying at lvl 56 and work on talents and lvl 50 legendary set.

Originally posted by Oxykotton View Post
            You will need to be an uber casher to be a hybrid. There is just no way you can have high def, high hp, and high patk all in one. If you arn't an uber casher then I suggust mostly tank which means mostly tank build but not full tank. You will have okay patk since you will have a few patk gems but most your gems will be mdef pdef and hp.
            hehe. yea. just a light cashier here. Thanks for the tips. Will try to work with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Oxykotton View Post
              This.

Even at DT, I've seen low damage knights fare very well and are asked back. The DDs do the work, you just do what you can (mitigate damage against, deal constant thumps).

Comment

Originally posted by KnowingEyes7 View Post
                This.

Even at DT, I've seen low damage knights fare very well and are asked back. The DDs do the work, you just do what you can (mitigate damage against, deal constant thumps).
                most DT, prefers 2 archer 2 mage
                Five Sylphs for the Heros in wartune,
                Two for the Whales in their deep blue ocean,
                Three for Mortal Men doomed to die,
                One for the Big Whales on their dark throne
                In the Land of Wartune where the heroes lie.
                One sylph to crush them all, One sylph to kill mobs,
                One sylph to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
                In the Land of Wartune where the Moby duck lie."

Comment

please tell me the best hybrid build tank, or full tank build for a lvl 66 soon i will reset skill points. even gems set-up. No legendary gear xD

Comment

Originally posted by R21577189 View Post
                    most DT, prefers 2 archer 2 mage
                    That's true. Guilds though should learn to modify that though. Tanks aren't that useless at DT.

Comment

That's true. Guilds though should learn to modify that though. Tanks aren't that useless at DT.
                      Yeah, but almost close to useless in DT . I have seen cases of knights asking around for DT and everyone keeps quiet.
                      Last edited by R21577189; 02-14-2013, 05:00 AM.

Comment

Yeah, but almost close to useless in DT . I have seen cases of knights asking around for DT and everyone keeps quiet.
                        Ok.. I'm curious.. what is DT? XD

Comment

So guilds that have knights in them will be purposely shut out of all DT runs? That makes no sense for the longevity of the guild - unless they boot out all knights.

At first, we had the same problem as you stated - but after a few days, knights could offer a little support that helped out single mage teams there (less rage runes spent for the mage). We usually do 1 knight, 2 archers and 1 mage.

Originally posted by Kengozen View Post
                          Ok.. I'm curious.. what is DT? XD
                          Demon Temple.

Comment

So guilds that have knights in them will be purposely shut out of all DT runs? That makes no sense for the longevity of the guild - unless they boot out all knights.

At first, we had the same problem as you stated - but after a few days, knights could offer a little support that helped out single mage teams there (less rage runes spent for the mage). We usually do 1 knight, 2 archers and 1 mage.

Demon Temple.
                            yeah trying to look for a fixed mpd 1 knight 2 archers 1 mage (need mage to have 50 set though)

Comment

I guess I am a hybrid knight, with a slight emphasis on dps, though not by much. I have two skill trees also, one maxed dps tree, and one maxed tank tree, and I have no problems tanking DT, though i do switch back and forth between trees during various parts of the dungeon, and I get asked to join teams.

And trust me, when it comes time to farm stones from DT NM mode, those guildies not letting knights run with them will find themselves on the other end of the stick when they can't farm Legendary 60 armor set cause the knights will then be returning the favor. I'd like to see some videos posted of them running that dungeon without a knight.
                              ChieftainRez
                              Knight
                              VictisHNR
                              [S1] Temple of Ibalize

Comment

Working...
                              X