Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Design Dev Journal - Off to the Wilds We Go!

Knight of Knowledge Sattelizer is considered so-so around these parts. Sattelizer's Avatar
    We eagerly await part 11.

Oh and the thought of company vs company full on slaughterfests in the wilderness.... >
    Coming to you live at www.twitch.tv/sattelizergames!

I also have my own website at www.sattelizergames.com

Quote Originally Posted by CoSMod_Rune View Post
    I am no stranger to constructive criticism (see Rune's Rantings and Ravings 1-10), but cannot give it until I have tested this new feature :P

But here: How does this effect framerates?
    As we can do a lot with level detail scaling and such, and we've already got some very large areas with the Refuge and such... we're not that afraid that you'll be getting huge performance hits. Our internal version runs JUST below the performance of a normal dungeon if you have quite a lot going on in either.

Also, well aware of your older threads and they are greatly appreciated, keep it up!

i'ld like to echo what the others have said....

This is deffenently the change i am most excited for. infact as i've said befor i didnt care for many of the other changes from CBT to the turkish version. but this has single handedly rekindeled all interest i have ever had for the game and perhaps made this interest and anticipation grow.

now to quote the best line here
    "please now"?

Well Awol, you're going to looooove some of the stuff coming up then, can't tell you anymore right now though so don't bother trying.

Name:  tumblr_lwij6bzK4Y1r8q0iuo1_500.png
Views: 79
Size:  72.2 KB

:3

Mage of Multitudes Timeraider is considered so-so around these parts. Timeraider's Avatar
    jup jup.... just add it :P

Timeraider - Aven Arcanist
    Paragon of the World Machine
    Founder of Nexus
    "Do you think you are cool? Do you have your name on a statue in Nexus? And what about this crown on my head?"
    City of Steam's r2games group......................City of Steam's official Steam group

Knight of Knowledge Sattelizer is considered so-so around these parts. Sattelizer's Avatar
    I simply cannot wai for this, I've got my mechanist teeshirt ready, my city of steam wallpaper and background set, my supply of Doritos and mountain dew has been topped off. Now we just wait for the big day.
    Coming to you live at www.twitch.tv/sattelizergames!

I also have my own website at www.sattelizergames.com

Quote Originally Posted by CoS_Frank View Post
    Well Awol, you're going to looooove some of the stuff coming up then, can't tell you anymore right now though so don't bother trying.

hahaha sounds awsome and ofcourse i wont try to pry any information from you...

(you can send it to me in a PM here or if have yahoo or MSN messager contact me on it using awol_lsd@yahoo.com OR just email it to me) haha

So we can go for a Walkabout through an area of Outback now, momentarily band together with strangers to aid each other's survival, and exit into a different city we were heading towards anyway???
    HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA!
    I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!

lordrook.... i guess you didnt play the alpha or closed beta? or many other dungeon crawlers... befor now and in many other dungeon crawlers there is no open wild's area's like this. it was only city hubs with no mobs or combat and instanced dungeons that no more than the party you was in could enter and set amount of unrespawnable mobs. clear the dungeon exit repeat....

now with this we have large wild area's with respawnable mobs, bosses, and non partied members roaming around with us. while this first step might not seem like much to some those of us thats been following mechanist are aware the possabilities this opens up...

open world pvp
    Cross server pvp area's (turkish, asian, english, europe.... all servers)
    Guild war area's

as well as being able to evolve into things like guild lands that could work the same as these wilds or what ever and know these devs are VERY good at listening and considering sugestions so anything you can think of that spawns off this idea (or anythign else realy) please post

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast