No announcement yet.

People complaining about "stealing" ancient seeds

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey, farm is a game on how fast you click your harvest before they click on it... Enjoy!!
    If you think you are smart, then you are at the height of your stupidity.
    -quoted from R.K.

Comment

Originally posted by CondorHero View Post
      Fundamentally, it boils down to this.

Ancient Spirits are a zero-sum game.
      If someone takes your crops, that means you have to spend real cash to get it.
      If you take someone's crops, someone has to spend real cash to get it.

In the most basic sense, either you spend cash or someone spend cash.

People who resort to camping others farm are just being
      1) misery
      2) causing others to spend real cash

If you think it's fine, then it's fine. You have your stand, I have mine.

I don't necessarily give money/food to beggars on the street. But at least I don't take their food away from them.
      No one has to spend real cash for anything, people take from your farm, you take from other people's farm, simple.

Not gonna say nothing is lost because there is a loss of 1 product per seed, but nothing related to spending cash.

Comment

Originally posted by SirAlukah View Post
        No one has to spend real cash for anything, people take from your farm, you take from other people's farm, simple.

Not gonna say nothing is lost because there is a loss of 1 product per seed, but nothing related to spending cash.
        This is a zero-sum game.

If you don't understand, I do not need to explain further.
        Officially retired from Wartune and Forums.
        [No longer logging in]

Comment

Originally posted by CondorHero View Post
          This is a zero-sum game.

If you don't understand, I do not need to explain further.

i kinda understand what u meant.

i was kinda shocked when i heard campers having more than 50% prepared for the hawkrider mount.

while i dont even have 25% ._.

Comment

Don't forget the bug of losing a spirit or two when pilfered.

Comment

Originally posted by KnowingEyes7 View Post
              Don't forget the bug of losing a spirit or two when pilfered.
              The OP said "get more in the long run if we all do it." An uneducated remark.
              [No longer logging in]

Comment

... Last time this happened was at halloween event-_-'

my 2 cents:
                IF YOU WANT YOUR CROPS plant them so you can take them at times you are online... and hope you are fast enough.
                It is just a part of the game..
                IMO they made it 13 seeds, so 3 CAN BE PLUNDERED (so count it as 10 per seed+an eventual bonus... btw 3 is the max time someone can 'steal' your farm)

Comment

Originally posted by krackenker View Post
                  IMO they made it 13 seeds, so 3 CAN BE PLUNDERED (so count it as 10 per seed+an eventual bonus... btw 3 is the max time someone can 'steal' your farm)
                  "IMO".. I LOL at this.
                  [No longer logging in]

Comment

If I'm offline have all you want.

If I'm online you will be deleted from my friends list and plundered repeatedly.

Comment

Well here's the thing....for those saying these crops are "MINE" so people have no right to take them....you are 100% incorrect...read the EULA killer...everything I repeat EVERYTHING in the game is owned by....WHO?! not you...you are renting your farm and your crops and your character and your weapon and your armor and your potions and your crypt tokens...EVERYTHING...from r2...so shush with that noise "aint nobody got time fo' dat"...stop comparing to RL farms as well...thats just stupid...seriously...

here's the REAL thing...it's simple math...the guy who said "The OP said "get more in the long run if we all do it." An uneducated remark." you sir are the one making an uneducated remark, this is in fact true, you can only MAX per day plant 18 seeds in a 24 hour period...18*3 = 54, so you can make a difference of 54 spirits PER DAY if you dont get any of yours stolen....if you can have 200 friends and they plant 18 per day and you steal from all of them (hypothetical best possible scenario of course) thats 18*200....so 3600....even if you want to talk about the "1 lost per plunder" sorry but you wont make up the difference of....hmmm....3546 spirits....

Lets use a smaller number...say instead of taking from all 200 friends...you take from...to make back what you lose if you let people take from you you only have to steal from 54 separate seeds....thats 6 FULL farms or THREE FRIENDS per 24 period or 6 friends per 12 hour period (at the very least, yes it will most likely be more, just trying to make a point)...so back to the OP...

"All in all, I think the "YOU STOLE MY SEEDS" is very indicative of a truly selfish narrow closed minded and bitter spirit that can't see the fun in sharing and getting more in the long run if we all did it. Plus, I would bet that those same complainers take from other's crops all the time and thus are really hypocrites. Just my 2 cents worth." <-------statement = 100% true, now **** and start pilfering and letting people pilfer so we CAN ALL HAVE THE MOUNT!!!!!!!!!!

I have been up over 30 hours straight...and its 4am my time...please if there is a MAJOR flaw in my math or thinking, I have no problem being proven wrong please tell me...how is it not better for everyone in the long run to all steal and be stolen from...the max difference per day (for a level 5 land which is the norm) is 54...(assuming land 6 or higher will only be a small difference)...so total per 24 period you can get 13*18=234 so thats the max...if you let people steal...it becomes...180...so again...difference of 54...so all you need is 6 friends to all agree to this and you would all break even (with land lvl 5) so you cant get 20 friends to do it? if so you would receive 180+(20*9)=360....so 20 friends doing this would double your spirit total per day...2000/360....6 days and you all have your mount...

If im wrong tell me and give me logical proof as to why...otherwise...why arent we doing this?!?!?

Comment

Originally posted by XzystTense View Post
                        Well here's the thing....for those saying these crops are "MINE" so people have no right to take them....you are 100% incorrect...read the EULA killer...everything I repeat EVERYTHING in the game is owned by....WHO?! not you...you are renting your farm and your crops and your character and your weapon and your armor and your potions and your crypt tokens...EVERYTHING...from r2...so shush with that noise "aint nobody got time fo' dat"...stop comparing to RL farms as well...thats just stupid...seriously...

here's the REAL thing...it's simple math...the guy who said "The OP said "get more in the long run if we all do it." An uneducated remark." you sir are the one making an uneducated remark, this is in fact true, you can only MAX per day plant 18 seeds in a 24 hour period...18*3 = 54, so you can make a difference of 54 spirits PER DAY if you dont get any of yours stolen....if you can have 200 friends and they plant 18 per day and you steal from all of them (hypothetical best possible scenario of course) thats 18*200....so 3600....even if you want to talk about the "1 lost per plunder" sorry but you wont make up the difference of....hmmm....3546 spirits....

Lets use a smaller number...say instead of taking from all 200 friends...you take from...to make back what you lose if you let people take from you you only have to steal from 54 separate seeds....thats 6 FULL farms or THREE FRIENDS per 24 period or 6 friends per 12 hour period (at the very least, yes it will most likely be more, just trying to make a point)...so back to the OP...

"All in all, I think the "YOU STOLE MY SEEDS" is very indicative of a truly selfish narrow closed minded and bitter spirit that can't see the fun in sharing and getting more in the long run if we all did it. Plus, I would bet that those same complainers take from other's crops all the time and thus are really hypocrites. Just my 2 cents worth." <-------statement = 100% true, now **** and start pilfering and letting people pilfer so we CAN ALL HAVE THE MOUNT!!!!!!!!!!

I have been up over 30 hours straight...and its 4am my time...please if there is a MAJOR flaw in my math or thinking, I have no problem being proven wrong please tell me...how is it not better for everyone in the long run to all steal and be stolen from...the max difference per day (for a level 5 land which is the norm) is 54...(assuming land 6 or higher will only be a small difference)...so total per 24 period you can get 13*18=234 so thats the max...if you let people steal...it becomes...180...so again...difference of 54...so all you need is 6 friends to all agree to this and you would all break even (with land lvl 5) so you cant get 20 friends to do it? if so you would receive 180+(20*9)=360....so 20 friends doing this would double your spirit total per day...2000/360....6 days and you all have your mount...

If im wrong tell me and give me logical proof as to why...otherwise...why arent we doing this?!?!?
                        Do you actually want a rebuttal to this?

Comment

Very well said. Those tards selfish noobs dont know how to do the math and benefit themselves. By doing this menthod we all can have the mount

Comment

Your math is wrong.

Yours truly,
                            Dr. Malleus
                            Ph.D, Electrical Engineering, 2012
                            MS, Statistics, 2011
                            MS, Electrical Engineering, 2008
                            Bachelors of Engineering (First Class Honours), 2005
                            [No longer logging in]

Comment

Ok, let me give you some advise as to help lessen the chance of your crops being stolen (not 100% guarantee, but i think it helps):

- Plant your seeds "not" in a so obvious pattern... Like, plant the first seed on the upper left plot, then on the lower right plot, then on the center, then.... and so on... Create your random pattern in planting the seeds in different plants.. By this, you can confuse the thief in stealing your crops... they could end up stealing nothing at all... But be sure you remember how you planted your seeds, cause if you forgot, then this suggestion was wasted...

- Another thing is that you can have a 2-5 second time interval between planting each seed... Don't have a too much time interval, cause it will be noticed by an intelligent thief, and you will end up losing yours, instead of saving them from being stolen.. This is just an optional thing to do with the first suggestion.

I hope this helps... and I hope that instead of just whining there like most people do, it would be more beneficial (and it will train your brain, makes you smarter) if you found more solutions to prevent or lessen the chance of your crops being stolen...

Please share some ideas.

I add this:
                              This is only for those who don't want their crops to be stolen... some players don't mind having their crops being stolen, and I am one of them (it is very stressful for me to watch crops.. and be dismayed when i failed, so I just accept the fate that happens to me).
                              Last edited by BlueEarth; 04-12-2013, 04:25 AM.
                              If you think you are smart, then you are at the height of your stupidity.
                              -quoted from R.K.

Comment

What realy bugs me about this event is that people who nag the most about having their crops stolen r the peeps who r heavy cashers & belong to good guilds.
                                Aka they get 10 seeds per day. That means in 20 days no matter how many they get "stolen" they WILL get the new mount. They might not get any new clothing but they WILL get the mount. The amount of times I heard revive my farm.....from people who say who stole my crops? Realy? Seriously?
                                U dont like sharing? I feel sory for u. Most non cashers dont mind having some of their crops "stolen". I got kicked by 6-7 peeps fl. ALL of them heavy cashers.
                                They even have lvl 4 clothes. Aka they only need the mount which they can get easily. & now I ask u what is more important? A thing? or a friend?
                                Take in consideration that there is people who only have 1 or 2 or 3 mounts which r the 1s that game lets u have for free.
                                Think that there is kids playing this & this is their chance to get a free mount. Those of u who have a real life with a real job think about it.
                                When u spend 100s & some of u 1000s of $ u come down in beeing so cheap about spending 10$ more?
                                Seriously? Things more important than friends?
                                I c people spending 200 balens in wb fights & cant b bothered to share some stupid seeds?
                                To conclude its not "stealing" its sharing.
                                Furthermore I d like to thank every1 who taken me of their fl cause they dont worth my friendship.

Comment

Working...
                                X