People complaining about "stealing" ancient seeds

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PunkPetal View Post
    I deleted a friend the other day for stealing my gold seeds while WB was on, not because I particularly care about my seeds, but anyone stoopid enough to be stealing gold from farms while WB is running is scarily stoopid
    Funny is that it happens regularly lol
    Wartune - S9 Camp Calorn
    Dragon Pals - S6 Emerald Isle
    Shadowbound - S2 Crystal Meadows
    Weak warrior

Comment

The problem is also that snipers can spam while defenders (owners) usually do not have that option (without "assistance"). I think that also gets people hopping mad.

Comment

Lmfao funny, steal dont steal its mine i planted it, its a game if wartune didnt want players helping other players harvest their corps why set it up that way, I borrow your corps you borrow mine why get mad this is to funny well if you dont like it be there on time to harvest your crops there is a time set and it tells you how long till you can harvest

Comment

Originally posted by R22383272 View Post
          Lmfao funny, steal dont steal its mine i planted it, its a game if wartune didnt want players helping other players harvest their corps why set it up that way, I borrow your corps you borrow mine why get mad this is to funny well if you dont like it be there on time to harvest your crops there is a time set and it tells you how long till you can harvest
          Doesn't always work, people literally camp waiting. I was waiting & literally as they were ready I had two campers take 6 seeds before I could collect. So just saying being there on time is no guarantee they won't be stolen.

Comment

I dont mind if people steal them while im not online... but i hate those who camp and just wait them to finish so they can steal them even if im online.

Comment

I have absolutely no problems having my normal crops stolen, and stealing normal crops from others. I honestly don't get why there is even an issue over this.

I steal gold/daru/kyanite from my guildies everyday, and they steal mine as well. We call each other thieves, ninjas, vultures, then have a good laugh, and do it all over again. Everyday. No exceptions. We sometimes declare that we're camping on a guildie's farm, especially if said guildie is online, just to see how many we can steal before that person harvests it all. It's all done in good nature, we get a good laugh and nobody gets mad. I haven't had a non-guildie complain of my stealing either, and I never did mind when a non-guildie gets my crops.

I know there are many people out there who do not share this 'I-steal-yours-and-you-steal-mine' attitude of mine, and I'm fine with it. I don't agree with it, but I do respect it.

I understand that it's a different story when it comes to these seeds, seeing as how they were supposedly designed to be part of a 'casher' event. For the light-cashers, every seed stolen is a couple of balens less they'd have to spend to get whatever item they want. For the non-cashers, every seed stolen is an extra boost to their chances of getting the mount. I'm not saying that's a legitimate reason for their stealing; I'm saying that everyone has their own reasons for stealing and we should not be so quick to judge. As some have rightfully said, everyone's got their own set of thinking. Even if we disagree, we can and should still show respect.

Anyway, I do not have a problem with guildies stealing my seeds, though I will try to avoid stealing theirs (where possible) or when asked nicely not to. I will steal from non-guildies if I pass by and they're ready for harvesting, and they're free to do the same to me. I do not camp, however, and I agree that those who deliberately camp on your farm just to steal your seeds are a little... obsessed with the game. There's a huge difference between a guildie openly declaring that he's camping on your farm for the giggles, and a creeper who diligently stalks your crops. I'm just thankful that I have not met a persistent farm camper yet.
              Last edited by FrostieTheSnowman; 04-10-2013, 04:51 AM. Reason: Because I can.
              [S1] Temple of Ibalize
              Frostie
              Mage
              VictisHNR

Comment

likewise i dont have a problem if my normal crops are stolen.

but as this is a event which allows me to get a special mount, it becomes a different case altogether

when i harvested my seeds, i noticed i had 4-5 people at least camping at my farm

Comment

if the player dn't want to steal his crop..dn't make a friend so no one cant steal his/her crops...easy like that....and it is what it is..a part of the game....

Comment

ROFLMAO..... this thread is hilarious.

For those that dont want to share crops: choose your farm friends wisely.

For those that DO want to share your crops: Thank God! I'm not online all the time, take my crops!!!! i will take yours. We will make More than the others. Yes, I lose tons to double, even triple picking from my farm..... SO WHAT? I can share, I get back tons in return .... some days I make more, some days I make less. Maybe I will make the mount, maybe I won't. I'm just not that uptight about my farm.
                    Death comes when you hear the Banshee.....

Comment

I have no problem with friends taking my crops when i'm away but camping my crops? that's just cheap, and for the guy who's talking about all love and sharing and that you both get more if you share, that's totally untrue, if your ancient seed yields 14 (which mine does) and your "friend" steals, he gets 1 and you get 12, means one lost that no one benefited from, so if both players don't steal from each other they'll benefit each others the most, so no, it's not "sharing", it's stealing.
                      Last edited by infernal13; 04-10-2013, 11:12 AM.

Comment

Easy fix would be to not display the time for "Stealers". Just be able to display the timer for your own crop fields no one elses. This would fix the problem from 'campers'. And I am a big stealer/sharer. Guildees also get a good laugh over it too. If someone gripes to me, I gladly remove them.

Comment

Originally posted by LadeeGaga View Post
                          Easy fix would be to not display the time for "Stealers". Just be able to display the timer for your own crop fields no one elses. This would fix the problem from 'campers'. And I am a big stealer/sharer. Guildees also get a good laugh over it too. If someone gripes to me, I gladly remove them.
                          But time is displayed, it was a feature meant to be there, people just like to complain.

If someone gets whiny I tell them to delete me, then whoever hits the "strangers" list of my friends list will be permanently added to the blacklist. The whole reason why I have people in my friends list is for the farm, otherwise they're useless and don't need to waste a valuable space.

Comment

why we have no options to delete our post ???
                            Last edited by Edgey300; 04-11-2013, 06:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kastergir View Post
                              Well, your righteous attitude really makes it difficult. You dont seem to be willing to accept that other people have a different concept about these things, in game and in real. And that their point of view is just as good - or bad - as yours. Its important for you to bring justifications to be able to judge people and call them "selfish and norrowminded"...why?

Again, think about this: just because people think differently than you, and have other priorities, neither makes them "selfish and narrowminded" nor bad people in any regard.

Me personally for instance, I would help friends weed their garden and get rids of bugs - in RL - but NEVER get the Idea to simply take off their crops unasked . Why ? Cos I have no right to do that, and it may be my friends have planned to do something with the crops . If id really need/want something of theirs, id simply walk over and ask - "hey, is it ok if...?"
                              well first of all , we have all right to stole crop , what are you talking about this is the part of the game. If you dont like being stolen but make sure all your friends list think like you , cause of course some I wont steal for some reason , but some others I dont care , since I let them stolen me too. Thats a game , and a lot of people just take it too seriously. I would see me someone pm me to cried about them crop stolen lol ..........delete me if you are baby crying and thats it .
                              Last edited by luciole78; 04-11-2013, 06:59 PM.

Comment

Fundamentally, it boils down to this.

Ancient Spirits are a zero-sum game.
                                If someone takes your crops, that means you have to spend real cash to get it.
                                If you take someone's crops, someone has to spend real cash to get it.

In the most basic sense, either you spend cash or someone spend cash.

People who resort to camping others farm are just being
                                1) misery
                                2) causing others to spend real cash

If you think it's fine, then it's fine. You have your stand, I have mine.

I don't necessarily give money/food to beggars on the street. But at least I don't take their food away from them.
                                Officially retired from Wartune and Forums.
                                [No longer logging in]

Comment

Working...
                                X