People complaining about "stealing" ancient seeds

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Digenhs View Post
    What realy bugs me about this event is that people who nag the most about having their crops stolen r the peeps who r heavy cashers & belong to good guilds.
    Aka they get 10 seeds per day. That means in 20 days no matter how many they get "stolen" they WILL get the new mount. They might not get any new clothing but they WILL get the mount. The amount of times I heard revive my farm.....from people who say who stole my crops? Realy? Seriously?
    U dont like sharing? I feel sory for u. Most non cashers dont mind having some of their crops "stolen". I got kicked by 6-7 peeps fl. ALL of them heavy cashers.
    They even have lvl 4 clothes. Aka they only need the mount which they can get easily. & now I ask u what is more important? A thing? or a friend?
    Take in consideration that there is people who only have 1 or 2 or 3 mounts which r the 1s that game lets u have for free.
    Think that there is kids playing this & this is their chance to get a free mount. Those of u who have a real life with a real job think about it.
    When u spend 100s & some of u 1000s of $ u come down in beeing so cheap about spending 10$ more?
    Seriously? Things more important than friends?
    I c people spending 200 balens in wb fights & cant b bothered to share some stupid seeds?
    To conclude its not "stealing" its sharing.
    Furthermore I d like to thank every1 who taken me of their fl cause they dont worth my friendship.
    In summary, you are saying that cashers should spend more to get their mount to subsidize noncashers.
    Officially retired from Wartune and Forums.
    [No longer logging in]

Comment

Show your work...PhD...you should know thats how it goes especially since i asked that specifically

Originally posted by CondorHero View Post
      Your math is wrong.

Yours truly,
      Dr. Malleus
      Ph.D, Electrical Engineering, 2012
      MS, Statistics, 2011
      MS, Electrical Engineering, 2008
      Bachelors of Engineering (First Class Honours), 2005

Comment

Originally posted by XzystTense View Post
        I have been up over 30 hours straight...and its 4am my time...please if there is a MAJOR flaw in my math or thinking, I have no problem being proven wrong please tell me...how is it not better for everyone in the long run to all steal and be stolen from...the max difference per day (for a level 5 land which is the norm) is 54...(assuming land 6 or higher will only be a small difference)...so total per 24 period you can get 13*18=234 so thats the max...if you let people steal...it becomes...180...so again...difference of 54...so all you need is 6 friends to all agree to this and you would all break even (with land lvl 5) so you cant get 20 friends to do it? if so you would receive 180+(20*9)=360....so 20 friends doing this would double your spirit total per day...2000/360....6 days and you all have your mount...

If im wrong tell me and give me logical proof as to why...otherwise...why arent we doing this?!?!?
        There....how is that math wrong...it includes if all your crops are stolen...you gain MORE spirits stealing 20 friends full 12 hour spawn of 9 (20*9)=180 its 360 extra if you do it twice a day...im goin to bed...if you are gonna say its wrong...explain why...not just say its wrong...thats immature and make me think you have a PhD in NOTHING...good night

Comment

There....how is that math wrong...it includes if all your crops are stolen...you gain MORE spirits stealing 20 friends full 12 hour spawn of 9 (20*9)=180 its 360 extra if you do it twice a day...im goin to bed...if you are gonna say its wrong...explain why...not just say its wrong...thats immature and make me think you have a PhD in NOTHING...good night
          Who loses out?

I'll give you a hint.
          Consider another player's perspective.
          Scenario: When all other players' farm has been stolen.
          Who is he going to steal from?

Another hint: Consider a small toy example.
          5 players (A,B,C,D,E).
          1 farm seed per player.
          Work it out.
          While working it out, consider players A,B,C,D,E's perspective individually.
          [No longer logging in]

Comment

The fundamental flaw is your objective is maximizing your own gain, while ignoring everyone else's gain.
            [No longer logging in]

Comment

Example:

Players A,B,C,D,E.
              1 Crop per player.

A steals from B,C,D,E and get 4 spirits.
              A plants his own and got his stolen by B,C,D.
              A gets 10 spirits from his crops.
              Total of spirits A gets = 14.

B steals from A,C,D,E and get 4 spirits.
              B plants his own and got his stolen by A,C,D.
              B gets 10 spirits from his crops.
              Total of spirit B gets = 14.

C steals from A,B,D,E and get 4 spirits.
              C plants his own and got his stolen by A,B,D.
              C gets 10 spirits from his crops.
              Total of spirits C gets = 14.

D steals from A,B,C and gets 3 spirits.
              D is unable to steal from E because E has been stolen 3 times.
              D plants his own and got his stolen by A,B,C.
              D gets 10 spirits from his crops.
              Total of spirits D gets = 13.

E is unable to steal from A because A has been stolen by B,C,D.
              E is unable to steal from B because B has been stolen by A,C,D.
              E is unable to steal from C because C has been stolen by A,B,D.
              E is unable to steal from D because D has been stolen by A,B,C.
              E plants his crops and got his stolen by A,B,C.
              Total of spirit E gets = 10.

Conclusion: D and E loses out while A,B,C gains.

You'll be happy if you're A,B,C.
              But you won't be happy if you're D and E.

Your calculation is wrong because you only want to maximize your own profit, i.e you want to be A,B,C.
              This is inherently selfish.
              Last edited by CondorHero; 04-12-2013, 04:54 AM.
              [No longer logging in]

Comment

Its pure arithmetics actually, not maths, event is more than 20 days u only need 20 days. I ll do the calculation for u since its so efing hard.
                20 * 10 seeds( all of u nagers get those) = 2000 spirits(per day) = new mount for every1 in 20 days
                U get 10 seeds per crops no matter how many any of ur friends "steal" from u. So its prety obvious every1 gets the new mount even if they get ALL their crops "stolen".
                U realy should grow up & learn that friends r more important than things.
                I ve had "friends" who plundered me in more than 1 occasions. That really pisses me of & I never do it to friend. Guess thats ok for them.
                I ve had "friends" who farmed my honour in bg. I never attack a friend in bg unless I know I m going to lose. I even let em cart b4 doing so.
                Costing ur friend 400 honour per fight is still ok for some peeps. I had a particular "friend" who cost me more than 5k of honour. Guess that is also allowed.
                "Stealing" all other crops bringing ur alts to do so is still ok.
                But touch ur prescious ancient seeds & u go mad?
                Very mature.
                U should realy grow up & realise that even if all ur crops gets stolen u still get the new mount. U dont need to steal anything.
                To conclude this realy anoying & silly controversy.....I have been calling on my crops both in world chat & guild chat. I wait for my friends to take 3 times then I collect. I will get the new mount & when I do so I ll stop taking those stupid seeds & I ll still call on my crops.
                Those of u naging the most u ll b sry u took ur friends of ur fl. Even if u dont get a stupid mount (which every1 will, its a sure thing)think. What is more important a thing or a friend? Try to think harder than u allready did....use ur brain.
                Its not "stealing" its sharing. Some of u claim to b christians. What did Jesus say? W/e has 2 should give 1 to the people who dont have any.

Comment

Its pure arithmetics actually, not maths, event is more than 20 days u only need 20 days. I ll do the calculation for u since its so efing hard.
                  20 * 10 seeds( all of u nagers get those) = 2000 spirits(per day) = new mount for every1 in 20 days
                  U get 10 seeds per crops no matter how many any of ur friends "steal" from u. So its prety obvious every1 gets the new mount even if they get ALL their crops "stolen".
                  U realy should grow up & learn that friends r more important than things.
                  I ve had "friends" who plundered me in more than 1 occasions. That really pisses me of & I never do it to friend. Guess thats ok for them.
                  I ve had "friends" who farmed my honour in bg. I never attack a friend in bg unless I know I m going to lose. I even let em cart b4 doing so.
                  Costing ur friend 400 honour per fight is still ok for some peeps. I had a particular "friend" who cost me more than 5k of honour. Guess that is also allowed.
                  "Stealing" all other crops bringing ur alts to do so is still ok.
                  But touch ur prescious ancient seeds & u go mad?
                  Very mature.
                  U should realy grow up & realise that even if all ur crops gets stolen u still get the new mount. U dont need to steal anything.
                  To conclude this realy anoying & silly controversy.....I have been calling on my crops both in world chat & guild chat. I wait for my friends to take 3 times then I collect. I will get the new mount & when I do so I ll stop taking those stupid seeds & I ll still call on my crops.
                  Those of u naging the most u ll b sry u took ur friends of ur fl. Even if u dont get a stupid mount (which every1 will, its a sure thing)think. What is more important a thing or a friend? Try to think harder than u allready did....use ur brain.
                  Its not "stealing" its sharing. Some of u claim to b christians. What did Jesus say? W/e has 2 should give 1 to the people who dont have any.
                  Sorry guy. Though the stealing and all that jazz gives you spirits, you only get 140 seeds (+ 10 if you work the system). Minimum, that's 1400 spirits. To get the rest, you either have to protect your crops (read: protect the overage per seed), snipe/share from others or both.

Comment

Your math is flawed. There are only so many total 'free' seeds/spirits to go around. Each 'free' player *normally* will get 140 seeds over all the events. That equates to 1400 spirits *base*. Even if you factor in bonuses, Condor is right: you are making someone pay down the line. The rest have to come from protecting your crops (protecting the overage), pilfering someone else's or a combination of both. You also have to remember that the first two events in this week will put out half of all the 'free' seeds (70). The other three 'free' events over the next two weeks will yield the other half. To get the numbers you are amassing, you are also stealing/sharing from cashers or players who play casually (read: no hope or want of obtaining the mount). On top of all this, do you honestly believe when a player reaches 2,000 spirits for the mount that that same player will cease stealing/sharing? Hell no.

The event promotes and rewards aggressive tactics though. Condor's previous example enumerates this.

Comment

Ur problem is u r not good in taking. Don't h8 the player h8 the game. Just take off every1 from ur fl then no1 can take ur prescious plants.
                      But then who ll energise ur tree? Who ll take care of ur bugs & weed? Who ll revive ur plants?
                      Just take off every1 from ur fl b alone & hapy. U don't care about comunity. U only care about urselfs.
                      Peace out. Take a DEEP breath. & try to think. That thing u call a brain is not only for decoration.
                      What is more important? A friend or a stupid mount?
                      In all ur replies no1 mentions that. u guys complaining about people "stealing" ur plants. They r friends. If u dont want them taking any of ur plants then tell em so when u accept or send invite. Don't touch my plants. U can energise my tree. U can take care of my plants ( weed them debug them ) .
                      But if u take any I ll take u off fl. Do that & lets c how many will accept.
                      U r antisocial. Not gona post anything else if u have any brain at all u can understand . Its a game & farming & "stealing" is part of it.
                      Accept it & move on. Or just take my advice & take every1 off ur fl b alone miserable & happy.
                      It's not stealing it's sharing. When u grow up u ll understand.

Comment

Ur problem is u r not good in taking. Don't h8 the player h8 the game. Just take off every1 from ur fl then no1 can take ur prescious plants.
                        But then who ll energise ur tree? Who ll take care of ur bugs & weed? Who ll revive ur plants?
                        Just take off every1 from ur fl b alone & hapy. U don't care about comunity. U only care about urselfs.
                        Peace out. Take a DEEP breath. & try to think. That thing u call a brain is not only for decoration.
                        What is more important? A friend or a stupid mount?
                        In all ur replies no1 mentions that. u guys complaining about people "stealing" ur plants. They r friends. If u dont want them taking any of ur plants then tell em so when u accept or send invite. Don't touch my plants. U can energise my tree. U can take care of my plants ( weed them debug them ) .
                        But if u take any I ll take u off fl. Do that & lets c how many will accept.
                        U r antisocial. Not gona post anything else if u have any brain at all u can understand . Its a game & farming & "stealing" is part of it.
                        Accept it & move on. Or just take my advice & take every1 off ur fl b alone miserable & happy.
                        It's not stealing it's sharing. When u grow up u ll understand.
                        Now you're ignoring the math and concepts. We already know to "hate the game (event)". The problem is the human wants to maximize their return. Anyone getting in that way will be dealt with (read: promptly be removed). It's not me doing this; it's a healthy percentage of the populace. Personally, I couldn't give a rat's - but I will say I've been removed off of quite a few players' lists. Why is that?

BTW, if you can keep track which of your 200/250 friends to "not touch seeds/plants/++", then you're a God. I am not going to cross check some referenced spreadsheet when it comes time to harvest.

Also, please spell out more of your words when you post. It's amusing when you state aspects about a "brain" and "growing up" when you lazily abbreviate a quarter of the words in your last utterance.
                        Last edited by KnowingEyes7; 04-12-2013, 07:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by CondorHero View Post
                          The fundamental flaw is your objective is maximizing your own gain, while ignoring everyone else's gain.
                          Maximizing your own gain... isn't that the point of this game? People are spending cash because it's giving them an advantage against everyone else. Stealing is the same. People are stealing spirits because it's giving them an advantage against everyone else.

The thing is if you don't steal, then you are categorically worse than if you did steal.

Comment

Seriously though, I'm surprised that people are complaining about this, but I think they're missing some points.

First, you can spend money to get the mount if you're short. You have two options to get the mount: steal or spend money. This is a step up from the previous events where you had to spend money to get the mount. If you don't want to steal to get the mount, that's fine - just spend money. If you don't want to spend money to get the mount, (for the first time ever) that's fine too - just steal. If you don't want to steal or spend money, well if you don't want to put in the time and effort (or money), why should you get the mount?

Second, this actually allows sharing. People are assuming that everyone wants the mount. That's not necessarily the case. I know some people who only want 1 or 2 pieces of clothing. In which case, that person has a surplus of spirits and someone else could use them. This is one of the few cases where we can actually help each other. Can't give socketing rods to friends to help their gear. Can't give astrals to friends who really needs it. But with spirits, there are some flexibility.

Third, if you don't like someone stealing from you, either steal it back from them and/or remove them from the friend's list (or ask them not to steal; it's really not that hard for the stealer to track. The hard part is getting yourself on 200 "Do Not Take" lists). In other words, there are some simple steps you can do to prevent or counter people stealing from you.

Honestly, complaining about a free way to get a normally cash-only item.

Comment

Do what you like.

My whole point is that "everyone benefits if everyone steals" is a false statement.
                              I proved it.

Give me a counter example.
                              [No longer logging in]

Comment

Originally posted by KhaleesiDaenerys View Post
                                OMG do you really plant crops when you don't know if you'll be around to harvest? I only plant when I'm going to be online. If in doubt, I plant one hour crops and rarely have to have them revived. Almost everyone complains about only being able to harvest a certain number from friends per day, so NO you don't have to hang around all day. After you reach your limit you can't harvest from friends anymore. Most of my friends reach their limit everyday and I doubt they play 24/7. They do have real lives lol.
                                And, if your schedule doesn't allow for that, what are you to do, just not plant? There actually are some people that play this game that have a real life (me NOT being one of them).

Comment

Working...
                                X