Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by R23002794 View Post
    How do you open the chest?
    If you are given a chest by your guildmaster then you take it from the mail attachment and simply use in inventory.

Yeah, he's SOOOOOOO romantic

Personal: Married to the most wonderful man in the world. Love you, Kit. Cara 'ch, 'm blaidd.

Honesty is an expensive gift, don't expect it from cheap people.

Demented children don't impress me.

Comment

It does not give VIP passes. This is why rumors get started. It says "if someone got vip that day" give them a chest. Meaning if they decided to buy vip that day that can be a reason to give them a guild chest. The only place that may give out temp vip passes from what Isaw in a screen shot. Can't find the thread anymore though is spire chests. Supposedly at a extremely rare rate you can get some vip passes there. Someone posted a screen shot on these forums awhile ago but can't find it anymore. idk if that ss was edited either or not.

Comment

if this only applies to guild ranking 1-8?

Comment

Originally posted by R25384509 View Post
          if this only applies to guild ranking 1-8?
          It applies to all guilds participating in GB... which is 1-8 :P

Comment

Yes you have to keep a list of those who have gotten it because it doesnt keep up who has gotten what, and when. My GM and I had to start a list on our computers to keep record of all that because we didnt want everyone to think he was favoring anyone if he forgot that someone had already gotten one. I think that would be a helpful tool to have a number beside everyone's name of how many they have gotten and what date. I really thought it was going to be something awesome but it wasnt that great other than the whips...

Comment

Not to sound rude, but if I owned a guild I would not give them out evenly... that does not seem fair for players who put in more effort than others (or who are more helpful).
              For example, someone gets a chest just for being in the guild despite not attending any guild battles... fair? NO!
              For example, someone attends all 3 guild battles and is in top 3 for each battle... is making them wait several months to get rewarded for their devotion? NO!
              For example, someone who is 1/2 the level of the other guildies attends all 3 battles and does a minimal amount of anything; should they not ever get anything? NO!

If I were a guild master I would have attendance at each guild battle taken... you have 5 minutes before the battle starts... take that time to check battle ratings and take attendance... then at the end of the battle assign points like this:
              You get 1 points for attendance for the first two battles and 2 points for attending the Friday battle (since it is usually the hardest and has the highest stakes). I don't care about the damage meter since holding towers is important too, as is slowing down/killing the other team's strong players. Depending on how strict the guild leader is, I could understand deducting some points for not following instruction or for being late... can do something like 0.2 points per 5 minutes, so after 20 minutes you've lost 0.8 points, after 40 minutes you've lost 1.6 points...etc... of course only deducting from possible points you could've gained (double the late penalties on friday since you get double the points... though it may prove difficult to determine when someone arrived). The following is a forumula you can use to determine how many points should be given based on strength alone (giving an incentive to those whose strength holds the lines or turns the tides):
              cube root of [(battle rank - average guild BR)/10000] points. on Friday battle that is multiplied by 2. You can check battle-ratings during the battle since some players may use potions to help, and some may not... those using potions should be awarded by allowing it to count towards their BR.

Now for some examples to show the point-by-BR system:
              Guild average (total guild power divided by # of members) is 17,327. (using my guild on server 193)
              someone who doesn't really exist has BR 60,000.cuberoot[(60,000-17327)/10000] = 1.622
              Adelaine attends 1 battle, has BR 30,243. cube root of [(30243-17327)/10000] = 1.089 points
              Wiseman attends 1 battle, has BR 21,025. cube root of [(21025-17327)/10000] = 0.717 points
              random other example with BR 17500 cube root of [(17,500-17327)/10000] = 0.258
              Onyxa attends 1 battle, has BR 8,575. sq root of a negative number is an imaginary number... therefore BR points = 0

As you can see this formula awards players who stay above the curve in strength... but the gains decrease exponentially the higher you get. So just because you have 3x the BR of anyone else, doesn't mean you get 3x the points.

Therefore: assuming a guild average of 17,327 BR per week earnings:
              someone with 33k BR attending all 3 battles would get: 4 points for attendance and 4.646 points for battle rank (total)= 8.6
              someone with 33k BR attending 1st 2 battles would get: 2 points for attendance and 2.323 points for battle rank (total)= 4.3
              someone with 33k BR attending friday battle would get: 2 points for attendance and 2.323 points for battle rank (total)= 4.3
              someone with 33k BR attending monday battle would get: 1 point for attendance and 1.161 points for battle rank (total)= 2.2

someone with 20k BR attending all 3 battles would get: 4 points for attendance and 2.576 points for battle rank (total)= 6.6
              someone with 20k BR attending 1st 2 battles would get: 2 points for attendance and 1.288 points for battle rank (total)= 3.3
              someone with 20k BR attending friday battle would get: 2 points for attendance and 1.288 points for battle rank (total)= 3.3
              someone with 20k BR attending monday battle would get: 1 point for attendance and 0.644 points for battle rank (total)= 1.6

someone with 10k BR attending all 3 battles would get: 4 points for attendance and 0 points for battle rank (total)= 4
              someone with 10k BR attending 1st 2 battles would get: 2 points for attendance and 0 points for battle rank (total)= 2
              someone with 10k BR attending friday battle would get: 2 points for attendance and 0 points for battle rank (total)= 2
              someone with 10k BR attending monday battle would get: 1 point for attendance and 0 points for battle rank (total)= 1

Now you can make some sort of point system to determine when chests get sent. For example: if you are a guild that gets 2nd place every week (9 chests) and you have 90 players you don't want to say something like (earn 10 points and you get a chest) because then after the second week you could owe over 50 players chests and only have 18 to distribute. Therefore this is my idea, it may suck at first, but overall is the best plan:

Those who obtain 24 points will get a chest. That will your top players 3 weeks to get a chest. The average-active player 4 weeks, and active weak-player 6 weeks. Assuming the guild only rotates the same 50 players for guild battle.
              after 1st week no one gets anything (+9). After two weeks you most likely won't owe anyone anything (+18). After 3 weeks you will have a few payouts (+27). Only the active and strong players will have accumulated that many points by then... I'd assume only 5 or so players will have enough points (27-5=22). The next week the majority of active players will be owed a chest... which should be fine because you will have 31 chests. If after this one month period you have less chests (or an equal amount) than you paid out on week 3 then you need to adjust the points up (starting on everyone's second chest) to maybe 26 or 27 points... this is because the top players will be earning a chest every 3/4 of a month...

so if you make earn 36 chests in a month, paid out 5 on week 3, then paid out 30 on week 4 (leaving only 1 left over)... then you will be in trouble because you will have the all the weak players plus the strong players you will owe soon and that won't be sustainable in the long run... you see... over a 3 month period... assuming 50 combatants, 5 super strong, 30 above average, and 15 weak... you will pay out to the strong players 4 times... the above average 3 times, and the weak players 1-2 times.
              So 5x4= 20... 30x3=90 15x 1or2 = 15-30 ... so overall you will have needed to pay out 125-140 chests. Yet you will have earned 108 chests...

THEREFORE I CANNOT STRESS ENOUGH THAT THE POINT TO OBTAIN MUST BE EVALUATED AT THE END OF WEEK 4 AND COMPARE IT TO THE WEEK 3 PAYOUTS... THE LEFTOVERS ON WEEK 4 NEED TO BE AT LEAST 33% MORE THAN YOU PAID OUT ON WEEK 3... so if you paid out 9 on week 3... at the end of week 4 you need at least 12 leftover... if this is not the case you need to increase the number of points required to obtain a chest.

As you can see, this model of guild-chest distribution system is the most fair I can think of. Fairness is not giving the same players the chests every week because no matter how strong they are, you can't win a battle with 5-10 players. I'm one of the top players in my guild, and although the greedy-side of me says "give the top players the loot"... it just isn't fair to do that. This system should be sustainable if followed correctly... and if it is determined that there are too many guild chests, you can always lower the points by 1-2 per few weeks until the chests leftover after 4 weeks is slightly more than the chests given away after 3 weeks... just don't forget you don't want to make it to the point where you owe people chests. It is better to have too many leftover than too few. You can always distribute all remaining chests equally at the end of the year for a new-years/Christmas present.

I hope some guilds find a use for this system.
              <3 Adelaine

Comment

What about players who help everyone at any point?

But you have no allocation for a mid level player who runs newbs/noobs through multi player dungeons & 3v3 arena all day. They spend all day helping others weaker than themselves to get stronger and you don't recognise their efforts with your system.

Likewise - A really high BR person, who just AFKs every guild battle, racks up a load of points for no effort. 'Earns' their chest and you don't ever really see them play or contribute to the guild in anyway shape or form.
                Originally posted by CreamySaucepan
                You are just a freakozoid... Monster of Frankenstein meets Jabba the Hutt... Frabba the Huttstein... :P
                Originally posted by CreamySaucepan
                Behind every fat Space Slug is a blood thirsty sociopath urging it on.

Comment

I actually like Adelaines idea Lol. It's quite good, just requires too much effort to keep track. We don't hand em out at all ^^ My mother always taught me, if there's not enough for everyone, then no one gets any.

Comment

Adelaine, at this point I totally disagree with you. If you only reward a few players all the time then you start a lot of resentment. The only requirement I have for my guild members to get one is to be active. I maintain a website for my guild and one forum has a stickied thread that is solely for me to post who gets the chest each time I hand them out. Helps me keep track and let's others know that I am truly giving to everyone before we start repeating.

Yeah, he's SOOOOOOO romantic

Personal: Married to the most wonderful man in the world. Love you, Kit. Cara 'ch, 'm blaidd.

Honesty is an expensive gift, don't expect it from cheap people.

Demented children don't impress me.

Comment

@Adelain IMO, your system should be looked over, like ginger said, stronger people can get points easy... (i can score top 10 being afk if enough ppl atks my tower... but lower ppl who actively fight wont get top 10) Honestly, those ppl dont really gain that much from 30 whips, a lower ranked would gain more from 30 whips

Our system: we have weekly divine altars during the weekend, when we have enough chests, those who participate in the altar gets chest (if to few we write down the names and they get chests next time we get chests)
                      This worked better then doing it from a GB list, reason #1: it was a lot of fighting and gnabbing about it (after friday gb) #2: This way we know that the players who bothered to show up did so to help us without being motivated by the honour/insignias/whips, of course we love that ppl show up for GB, but since we are so many, we ask for that extra bit of dedication. (Also if you decide to try this and you special divine altar times, more then once a week, dont say which day... cuz otherwise there are some lazy ppl that just show up for that altar only for chests).
                      It worked very well so far.

Comment

Originally posted by krackenker View Post
                        Our system: we have weekly divine altars during the weekend, when we have enough chests, those who participate in the altar gets chest (if to few we write down the names and they get chests next time we get chests)
                        This worked better then doing it from a GB list, reason #1: it was a lot of fighting and gnabbing about it (after friday gb) #2: This way we know that the players who bothered to show up did so to help us without being motivated by the honour/insignias/whips, of course we love that ppl show up for GB, but since we are so many, we ask for that extra bit of dedication. (Also if you decide to try this and you special divine altar times, more then once a week, dont say which day... cuz otherwise there are some lazy ppl that just show up for that altar only for chests).
                        It worked very well so far.
                        But with this you can overlook people who avoid the altar because they want to slow level, but are useful in all other aspects of the guild... That's also not very fair, is it? Or maybe you just don't have any slow levellers, but if you do, don't overlook them.

I think overall a guild master should have a pretty good idea who is active on most aspects of a guild, and distribute the chests accordingly.

Comment

Problem with GB/Altar etc, not everyone can be on. Some people work/sleep or have other things that prevent them from showing up.

One method I was coming up with for our guild as a possibility. Was 10 people skip 2 fights in Guild Battle willingly, they tell me they're on both at start of GB, and end of GB. They miss honor/insigs for those 2 GB, but get an extra 10 whips from a chest to make up for it. This would of given 10 more people a chance to participate in Guild Battles.

But sadly, even with 210 members now, we still hit around the 45-50 participants. So wasn't a need to try make room and sacrifice spots.

Comment

Originally posted by CreamySaucepan View Post
                            But with this you can overlook people who avoid the altar because they want to slow level, but are useful in all other aspects of the guild... That's also not very fair, is it? Or maybe you just don't have any slow levellers, but if you do, don't overlook them.

I think overall a guild master should have a pretty good idea who is active on most aspects of a guild, and distribute the chests accordingly.
                            We are yet an early server, a few (3-4 ppl including me) have been starting to slow down, but I totally forgot that:P... (@ the last part, yeah they are often included in the list for when we have chests)¨

@Elusion, yh that's a problem... but wont be 100% fair unless we just hand out a chest to all ppl in the guild ... but doing that with 100-150 ppls... we'll be done this year hopefully. That is a very good idea..... if we ever get full we might try that:P.. Chests is a bigger problem then they are worth IMO... it'd be better if they was just removed, add a few whips to the placement reward instead and make everyone happy>:

Comment

Originally posted by CreamySaucepan View Post

but keep in mind the exp. from divine alter is pretty terrible. I am in krackenker's guild and i do alter event week, even though i am slow leveling. for people who stop before lvl 50 when the higher waves come and the exp gets ok they will struggle there anyway. the possible drops whips, crypt keys, luck stones are worth the less than 100k exp imo. however i am at 58 with 2 more talents to upgrade, so its not killing me to take that little amount of exp.

Comment

Originally posted by bleedingxorange View Post
                                but keep in mind the exp. from divine alter is pretty terrible.
                                It's actually not that bad, assuming you can get 3 kills per wave, which I normally can, more in the upper levels cause others begin to drop off... You can make over 500k XP. Which isn't too bad, if you summon the more expensive altar, then you'd be looking at over 1m XP. Again, not bad.

Comment

Working...
                                X