Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pro Mages out there, I need your advice (skills/astrals/troops/specialization)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actually I am also in Allymae's situation.

1.) Should I go for 50 legend rings or go for 60 rings after getting the Darknight Steed Mount(Currently 3.4k tokens still quite far from 6k)
    2.) Should I level up my talents or keep upgrading holy seals?
    Current talent lvl: 15
    Holy Seal: 12
    Barrier: 1
    Survival: 1
    Focus: 1

http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/6...8599df7646.png

Comment

1) Stuff the rings, they're not that big of a deal, make em Legend 50 so you can add socket, just as good as Lv 60 normal rings. But better.
      2) Level up Holy Seal, from what I can see, the increase is not worth it. ie; 1% damage reduction from lv 2 Barrier? Better to have a higher stun, if you can't land a stun, at least there's a chance you wont get stunned or reduced time being stunned.

Comment

Originally posted by ElusionM View Post
        1) Stuff the rings, they're not that big of a deal, make em Legend 50 so you can add socket, just as good as Lv 60 normal rings. But better.
        2) Level up Holy Seal, from what I can see, the increase is not worth it. ie; 1% damage reduction from lv 2 Barrier? Better to have a higher stun, if you can't land a stun, at least there's a chance you wont get stunned or reduced time being stunned.
        That is true to some extent. Thanks for the advice.

Comment

Originally posted by R22687942 View Post
          Actually I am also in Allymae's situation.

1.) Should I go for 50 legend rings or go for 60 rings after getting the Darknight Steed Mount(Currently 3.4k tokens still quite far from 6k)
          2.) Should I level up my talents or keep upgrading holy seals?
          Current talent lvl: 15
          Holy Seal: 12
          Barrier: 1
          Survival: 1
          Focus: 1

http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/6...8599df7646.png
          Horse>rings.
          You have to get lvl 15 seal to learn lvl 2 talents, once you get it to 15... I would upgrade survival .. focus/barrier is just 1% more.. I honestly dont know if they are worth learning right away, so those two are optional.. but survival 2 makes your restoration heal 100%!

Comment

Ignore this.. accidental double post>_<

Comment

I am also thinking about the survival talent like you mentioned since it will heal me more but might cost me some problems in restoration though.

Its lke if I get it to level 2 then I will be forced to keep leveling it or just leave it alone. Will probably think on this one more when I get to holy seal lvl 15

Comment

Originally posted by ElusionM View Post
                So u think the lvl 50 legend rings are better than the lvl 60 reg rings?

so would this be the conclusion:

lvl 50 reg rings < lvl 40 Legend rings < lvl 60 Reg rings < lvl 50 Legend rings < lvl 60 Legend

I'm another mage with lvl 40 legend rings atm pushing lvl 65 character. Should I go for 50 Legend or 60 regular?
                Last edited by intelinside1; 05-06-2013, 05:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by krackenker View Post
                  Horse>rings.
                  You have to get lvl 15 seal to learn lvl 2 talents, once you get it to 15... I would upgrade survival .. focus/barrier is just 1% more.. I honestly dont know if they are worth learning right away, so those two are optional.. but survival 2 makes your restoration heal 100%!

Is it really essential to level up Survival to 2? One of the best mage in my server has lvl 3 Survival. The only issue is the increase CD. Is it really worth to upgrade it to 2 and 3 soon?

Comment

Originally posted by intelinside1 View Post
                    So u think the lvl 50 legend rings are better than the lvl 60 reg rings?

so would this be the conclusion:

lvl 50 reg rings < lvl 40 Legend rings < lvl 60 Reg rings < lvl 50 Legend rings < lvl 60 Legend

I'm another mage with lvl 40 legend rings atm pushing lvl 65 character. Should I go for 50 Legend or 60 regular?
                    Yes, the +extra enchants and extra socket, make it better than the next level, normal versions.

Comment

Survival level 4 increase the cool down of Restoration by 8 seconds (meaning it will have 23 seconds cool down) with 35% increase in healing (and I confirm it affects Blessed Light too). So if you're looking to be a support oriented Mage with good healing spec, consider raising your Survival to level 3 at least.
                      The Last Remnant OSTs Go!!!

{OuO**

Comment

Originally posted by krackenker View Post
                        Horse>rings.
                        Can you explain this a little bit more? Survival 2 should add only 5% to the healing... and atm im considering to delete all my talents since i put a useless point in focus and every point in seal is big difference. Since i became 6x im getting a lot of stuns but everytime i level up my talents its better and better.

Comment

Originally posted by DeathRiver View Post
                          Survival level 4 increase the cool down of Restoration by 8 seconds (meaning it will have 23 seconds cool down) with 35% increase in healing (and I confirm it affects Blessed Light too). So if you're looking to be a support oriented Mage with good healing spec, consider raising your Survival to level 3 at least.
                          If it effect blessing too, is it only the healing power or also the cooldown? Blessing already has enormous cooldown...

Comment

I didn't notice increased healing from Blessed Light, did notice the +10 extra rage it gives others. Didn't notice an extra 5 second cooldown either...So not sure if it works with Blessed Light.

I still stand by, 20% healing is not worth 5 second cooldown, 25 or 30%, maybe

Comment

I would say it is worth it since gathering 30 rage is bigger of a problem than waiting few seconds more... Unless u have PvE set ofcourse

Comment

Originally posted by Mitashki View Post
                                Can you explain this a little bit more? Survival 2 should add only 5% to the healing... and atm im considering to delete all my talents since i put a useless point in focus and every point in seal is big difference. Since i became 6x im getting a lot of stuns but everytime i level up my talents its better and better.
                                Because it is 75% basic heal, lvl survival is 75%+20%+5%=100%.
                                Well Elusion, it's optional.. But IMO survival is the best mage talent.

Comment

Working...
                                X