Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

Pro Mages out there, I need your advice (skills/astrals/troops/specialization)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actually I am also in Allymae's situation.

1.) Should I go for 50 legend rings or go for 60 rings after getting the Darknight Steed Mount(Currently 3.4k tokens still quite far from 6k)
    2.) Should I level up my talents or keep upgrading holy seals?
    Current talent lvl: 15
    Holy Seal: 12
    Barrier: 1
    Survival: 1
    Focus: 1

http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/6...8599df7646.png

Comment

1) Stuff the rings, they're not that big of a deal, make em Legend 50 so you can add socket, just as good as Lv 60 normal rings. But better.
      2) Level up Holy Seal, from what I can see, the increase is not worth it. ie; 1% damage reduction from lv 2 Barrier? Better to have a higher stun, if you can't land a stun, at least there's a chance you wont get stunned or reduced time being stunned.

Comment

Originally posted by ElusionM View Post
        1) Stuff the rings, they're not that big of a deal, make em Legend 50 so you can add socket, just as good as Lv 60 normal rings. But better.
        2) Level up Holy Seal, from what I can see, the increase is not worth it. ie; 1% damage reduction from lv 2 Barrier? Better to have a higher stun, if you can't land a stun, at least there's a chance you wont get stunned or reduced time being stunned.
        That is true to some extent. Thanks for the advice.

Comment

Originally posted by R22687942 View Post
          Actually I am also in Allymae's situation.

1.) Should I go for 50 legend rings or go for 60 rings after getting the Darknight Steed Mount(Currently 3.4k tokens still quite far from 6k)
          2.) Should I level up my talents or keep upgrading holy seals?
          Current talent lvl: 15
          Holy Seal: 12
          Barrier: 1
          Survival: 1
          Focus: 1

http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/6...8599df7646.png
          Horse>rings.
          You have to get lvl 15 seal to learn lvl 2 talents, once you get it to 15... I would upgrade survival .. focus/barrier is just 1% more.. I honestly dont know if they are worth learning right away, so those two are optional.. but survival 2 makes your restoration heal 100%!

Comment

Ignore this.. accidental double post>_<

Comment

I am also thinking about the survival talent like you mentioned since it will heal me more but might cost me some problems in restoration though.

Its lke if I get it to level 2 then I will be forced to keep leveling it or just leave it alone. Will probably think on this one more when I get to holy seal lvl 15

Comment

Originally posted by ElusionM View Post
                So u think the lvl 50 legend rings are better than the lvl 60 reg rings?

so would this be the conclusion:

lvl 50 reg rings < lvl 40 Legend rings < lvl 60 Reg rings < lvl 50 Legend rings < lvl 60 Legend

I'm another mage with lvl 40 legend rings atm pushing lvl 65 character. Should I go for 50 Legend or 60 regular?
                Last edited by intelinside1; 05-06-2013, 05:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by krackenker View Post
                  Horse>rings.
                  You have to get lvl 15 seal to learn lvl 2 talents, once you get it to 15... I would upgrade survival .. focus/barrier is just 1% more.. I honestly dont know if they are worth learning right away, so those two are optional.. but survival 2 makes your restoration heal 100%!

Is it really essential to level up Survival to 2? One of the best mage in my server has lvl 3 Survival. The only issue is the increase CD. Is it really worth to upgrade it to 2 and 3 soon?

Comment

Originally posted by intelinside1 View Post
                    So u think the lvl 50 legend rings are better than the lvl 60 reg rings?

so would this be the conclusion:

lvl 50 reg rings < lvl 40 Legend rings < lvl 60 Reg rings < lvl 50 Legend rings < lvl 60 Legend

I'm another mage with lvl 40 legend rings atm pushing lvl 65 character. Should I go for 50 Legend or 60 regular?
                    Yes, the +extra enchants and extra socket, make it better than the next level, normal versions.

Comment

Survival level 4 increase the cool down of Restoration by 8 seconds (meaning it will have 23 seconds cool down) with 35% increase in healing (and I confirm it affects Blessed Light too). So if you're looking to be a support oriented Mage with good healing spec, consider raising your Survival to level 3 at least.
                      The Last Remnant OSTs Go!!!

{OuO**

Comment

Originally posted by krackenker View Post
                        Horse>rings.
                        Can you explain this a little bit more? Survival 2 should add only 5% to the healing... and atm im considering to delete all my talents since i put a useless point in focus and every point in seal is big difference. Since i became 6x im getting a lot of stuns but everytime i level up my talents its better and better.

Comment

Originally posted by DeathRiver View Post
                          Survival level 4 increase the cool down of Restoration by 8 seconds (meaning it will have 23 seconds cool down) with 35% increase in healing (and I confirm it affects Blessed Light too). So if you're looking to be a support oriented Mage with good healing spec, consider raising your Survival to level 3 at least.
                          If it effect blessing too, is it only the healing power or also the cooldown? Blessing already has enormous cooldown...

Comment

I didn't notice increased healing from Blessed Light, did notice the +10 extra rage it gives others. Didn't notice an extra 5 second cooldown either...So not sure if it works with Blessed Light.

I still stand by, 20% healing is not worth 5 second cooldown, 25 or 30%, maybe

Comment

I would say it is worth it since gathering 30 rage is bigger of a problem than waiting few seconds more... Unless u have PvE set ofcourse

Comment

Originally posted by Mitashki View Post
                                Can you explain this a little bit more? Survival 2 should add only 5% to the healing... and atm im considering to delete all my talents since i put a useless point in focus and every point in seal is big difference. Since i became 6x im getting a lot of stuns but everytime i level up my talents its better and better.
                                Because it is 75% basic heal, lvl survival is 75%+20%+5%=100%.
                                Well Elusion, it's optional.. But IMO survival is the best mage talent.

Comment

Working...
                                X