Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pro Mages out there, I need your advice (skills/astrals/troops/specialization)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Barrier is also very good. Along with godess blessing and medailon it makes big difference. Lvl 1 is enough thought

Comment

Originally posted by Mitashki View Post
      Can you explain this a little bit more? Survival 2 should add only 5% to the healing... and atm im considering to delete all my talents since i put a useless point in focus and every point in seal is big difference. Since i became 6x im getting a lot of stuns but everytime i level up my talents its better and better.
      I dont think focus is that useless I mean for pvp gear(im only lvl 58 so unsure about 60+ fights). Useless for pve set though

Comment

I'm really glad I've found this topic so I was able to get a lot of answers from the replies.

Only started playing a few weeks ago, still relatively new to the game.

Currently on lvl 49 and I was hoping I could help a little bit of help as far as rotation goes.

Doing solo or group arena at this stage Damnation still outperforms ROF and Meteoric Destroyer so even though the recommendation was to get Thunderer, it's still a bit early I reckon.
        Currently I have lvl 3 clothing, which gives me 27 rage plus 30 from pvp set, so my rotation looks like this:

-Damnation ( it seems to ignore mdef and has a pretty decent hit on any players)
        -ROF
        -Meteoric Destroyer
        -Lightning Bolt
        -ROF

This only works, if before ROF there are more than 2 players/mobs alive, or I won;t get enough rage for Meteoric Destroyer straight up.

Using this build only allows me to do ok in arenas, however world bosses are a different topic.

1., At what lvl do you think it is a good idea to phase out damnation and start using Thunderer?

Also having Thunderer in my build, I guess I have to go with ROF-Met Destr-ROF combo, which is only tricky because there is a 3-4 second gap between the Met Destroyer and the 2nd ROF. Using pvp gear I don;t see any chance to fit in Thunderer at this stage.

Sorry for the train of thoughts, still trying to figure out a direction I should be heading without making a lot of mistakes.

Any constructive criticism would be much appreciated.

Comment

I never used Damnation tbh. My attack was either higher than their defense, so 3500 was weak, or their defense was high enough, and my RoF at minimum damage, still did more than 3500 damage.

Comment

Originally posted by intelinside1 View Post
            So u think the lvl 50 legend rings are better than the lvl 60 reg rings?

so would this be the conclusion:

lvl 50 reg rings < lvl 40 Legend rings < lvl 60 Reg rings < lvl 50 Legend rings < lvl 60 Legend

I'm another mage with lvl 40 legend rings atm pushing lvl 65 character. Should I go for 50 Legend or 60 regular?

personally, i like my level 50 legend rings, because I get the extra gem slot. I already have enough tokens to buy the 60 set, but until i can get the set and make it legendary, im not going to bother. In the extra time, I can earn more cata tokens. Heck, I can buy the 70 rings AND jewellry, but I like my extra gem slot. So I will get the 60 when I can make it legendary, then do the 70. I don't see any sense skipping steps now as everything takes so long to do. Its a long term grind from here on in.
            Death comes when you hear the Banshee.....

Comment

Damnation actually scales with your Mattack, so it's not a flat rate.
              What I would actually like to see is when does it start out-performing ROF or Meteoric.

Elusion, would you mind me telling about your skill rotation in solo-team arena battles? (including your clothing lvl for reference)

Comment

< Lv 68 (So tougher competition)
                29 starting rage.
                Lv 50 PVE set.

Depends on how the battle goes, but most commonly in the tougher fights..

Rain Of Fire
                Rage Rune
                Blessed Light
                Meteor
                Rain of Fire
                If battle is still going, then I'll just keep delay death by using Restoration and then Suntoria while my Knight finishes off the team
                If it's an easy win, I won't bother with Blessed Light and just spam RoF > Meteor > RoF > Auto til win

and I have not seen Damnation scale with matk. I believe it increases by Medallion and Will Destroyer. It is always a flat rate of 3500. + Boosts for me. Hence why I do not use it

Comment

Originally posted by hoofart View Post
                  I'm really glad I've found this topic so I was able to get a lot of answers from the replies.

Only started playing a few weeks ago, still relatively new to the game.

Currently on lvl 49 and I was hoping I could help a little bit of help as far as rotation goes.

Doing solo or group arena at this stage Damnation still outperforms ROF and Meteoric Destroyer so even though the recommendation was to get Thunderer, it's still a bit early I reckon.
                  Currently I have lvl 3 clothing, which gives me 27 rage plus 30 from pvp set, so my rotation looks like this:

-Damnation ( it seems to ignore mdef and has a pretty decent hit on any players)
                  -ROF
                  -Meteoric Destroyer
                  -Lightning Bolt
                  -ROF

This only works, if before ROF there are more than 2 players/mobs alive, or I won;t get enough rage for Meteoric Destroyer straight up.

Using this build only allows me to do ok in arenas, however world bosses are a different topic.

1., At what lvl do you think it is a good idea to phase out damnation and start using Thunderer?

Also having Thunderer in my build, I guess I have to go with ROF-Met Destr-ROF combo, which is only tricky because there is a 3-4 second gap between the Met Destroyer and the 2nd ROF. Using pvp gear I don;t see any chance to fit in Thunderer at this stage.

Sorry for the train of thoughts, still trying to figure out a direction I should be heading without making a lot of mistakes.

Any constructive criticism would be much appreciated.
                  Hello, I already reset my DPS tree: removed my DAMN and got the Thunderer. I can say that my WB earnings got higher as I used Thunderer. Here's my rotation:
                  Thunderer
                  Auto-attack, Bolt
                  Auto, RoF
                  Auto, Bolt
                  Auto, Bolt
                  Auto- RoF/MD

I only have 53 initial rage so I can't spam 2x Thunder nor 3/4x AOEs unless my castinator and focus procs. It just requires good timing and less lag to do a perfect rotation. Well, I always messed up w/ my 2nd AOE due to lag.

Comment

Btw, ElusionM should I really focus on upgrading my MATK gems alone to lvl 6? Meaning, I will left behind PDEF/MDEF/HP for the meantime. Because most of the Mages in my guild are focusing on thier MATK leaving behind their DEF & HP gems. They have 15k+ MATK while mine is currently at 14.2k. On the other hand, I have a few hundreds more DEF (PDEF/MDEF) compared to them (they are lvl 65+, I am currently lvl 61). My HP is another problem. I really have a low HP at my lvl, 32k only though I am already working on maxing my GS Endu.
                    Last edited by AllyMae; 05-17-2013, 05:14 AM. Reason: additional info

Comment

hello all, I am lvl 56 mage with following stats

matk : 9356, pdef: 5585, mdef: 7967, crit: 477, hp:23666, troop: 895
                      guild skills : def : 240, intel : 200, endurance : 160
                      astrals : mysticallity : lvl 4; fortitude, willpower, enchanced will destroyer, goddess blessing : lvl 3 (all orange astrals)

I would like to know whether heal spells can crit or not ? If yes, then how high the crit rating should be so that it is effective for dmg & heal spells.

thanks for your time and consideration

Comment

Originally posted by AllyMae View Post
                        Btw, ElusionM should I really focus on upgrading my MATK gems alone to lvl 6? Meaning, I will left behind PDEF/MDEF/HP for the meantime. Because most of the Mages in my guild are focusing on thier MATK leaving behind their DEF & HP gems. They have 15k+ MATK while mine is currently at 14.2k. On the other hand, I have a few hundreds more DEF (PDEF/MDEF) compared to them (they are lvl 65+, I am currently lvl 61). My HP is another problem. I really have a low HP at my lvl, 32k only though I am already working on maxing my GS Endu.
                        You need to work on matk first.. I am 59 and I have almost 15^^ 14.2 is a bit low for 60+. HP, if you got pvp set, change pdef/mdef gem for hp if you can afford it

Comment

Heal spells can crit. Yes.

But you need a LOT crit to overcome the advantage of EWD like 3k+ crit
                          S166. lvl: 78(soon/is)
                          Mage: Existence (G.M)
                          BR: 113k-ish 70 set's done!!

Comment

Originally posted by krackenker View Post
                            You need to work on matk first.. I am 59 and I have almost 15^^ 14.2 is a bit low for 60+. HP, if you got pvp set, change pdef/mdef gem for hp if you can afford it
                            Oh, ok thanks. After leveling up to 60, I fast track to level up to get more skill points and boost my Thunderer at 3/4. In consequence, I left behind my talent, stilll at lvl 16. I am aiming to get leg 50 PVE set so even if I don't want to be stuck at my lvl, i will be because I always ran GoD NM, and getting 0 xp every run. By that time, I can boost up my MATK first before going to 65+. ^^ Btw, may I know your in-game name? I might have seen u in BG when I was still level 59.

Comment

Originally posted by AllyMae View Post
                              I've always raised matk first, defenses second. I figure the more damage I deal, more gold I make at World Boss, more i can afford to spend on raising my matk further or defenses.
                              Currently I'm working on my Charisma and Pdef for Archers and Knights.
                              Charisma is a very under-rated stat that can help a ton in BG.

Anyways, Just level up Matk gems to 5, then make sure you have pdef/hp gems to lv 5 also, then worry about taking Matk to lv 6. I'd aim for around 12k Mdef, once you have that, the rest of the gems should be Pdef. Make sure all equipment is Matk+HP, then Pdef/Mdef as needed.

HP provides it's own defense against both Matk and Patk, so it's a prioirty.

Also, I'd fast track to 66 or 68, depending on whether or not you could have a Demon Temple party, gain further skill points and then stay at 66/68 and work on talents. Gonna suck in Battlegrounds, but it took me time before I could compete in there. Too many insanely statted players.
                              Last edited by ElusionM; 05-18-2013, 03:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ElusionM View Post
                                I've always raised matk first, defenses second. I figure the more damage I deal, more gold I make at World Boss, more i can afford to spend on raising my matk further or defenses.
                                Currently I'm working on my Charisma and Pdef for Archers and Knights.
                                Charisma is a very under-rated stat that can help a ton in BG.

Anyways, Just level up Matk gems to 5, then make sure you have pdef/hp gems to lv 5 also, then worry about taking Matk to lv 6. I'd aim for around 12k Mdef, once you have that, the rest of the gems should be Pdef. Make sure all equipment is Matk+HP, then Pdef/Mdef as needed.

HP provides it's own defense against both Matk and Patk, so it's a prioirty.

Also, I'd fast track to 66 or 68, depending on whether or not you could have a Demon Temple party, gain further skill points and then stay at 66/68 and work on talents. Gonna suck in Battlegrounds, but it took me time before I could compete in there. Too many insanely statted players.

All of my equipped gems are lvl 5 since lvl 58. Those days, I upgraded MATK/PDEF/MDEF/HP simultaneously whichever has high quantity of gems but I finished MATK>PDEF>HP>MDEF gems in this order. I only put HP gems to my leg gears and normal gears are MATK/PDEF/MDEF. That's the reason why I lack HP + the fact that my leg 40 rings are not fully enchanted. Should I go for leg 50 rings instead of normal 60?

Yea. that charisma (lvl 1 GS only, i left it behind to max Int and Def) has a big impact when battling against Knights. I will start to work mine after maxing my GS endu (lvl7).

As much as I wanted to fast track my level, I couldn't because I don't run Moon MPD. I ran GoD NM to work on my 50 PVE set (almost 50% towards the goal). I stopped playing BG atm but I will be forced to because of the new event quest this coming week. Hehe! Good luck to me (I'm so afraid of honor loss). Here's my current stat at lvl 61:

Click image for larger version

Name:	w85.png
Views:	1
Size:	294.3 KB
ID:	1669350

Comment

Working...
                                X