Get Adobe Flash Player。

Get Adobe Flash Player

+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: "From Beginner to Top Knight Guide"

  1. #1
    Herald of Harkenings
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    8

    "From Beginner to Top Knight Guide"

    Being a knight, people say your only just a "peace of meat " there just to get hit so others can do the damage but that's not the case. I can show you how to be both be the shield every one needs and hit as hard as an archer and heal more than a mage.

    When you first start its going to be a long grind but you will get there. I have and did and I was top knight for the whole sever and even in sever merge, to this day I still am my severs top knight.

    With a knight your main thing is health and pdef, high in defence and health but low in mdef and attack. I wanted to throw the ball out of the park "put a spanner in the works' to say be a mage killer but this will only work until lvl 50. Once talents come in to play you have to go back to what your made for, to defend and kill in the name of your team mates.

    In lower lvl 1-30 armour:
    Your extra stats that armour gives you is ok but in your socket patk is a must then mdef, no pdef or heath or block just yet.
    Your main aim is to get as far in the catacombs as you can. Most knights will not get to lvl 100 before lvl 55. Some barely get there after but I got there at 45
    1-30 armour legend or pvp its your choice at this stage as each have there up and downs
    socket 1= patk
    socket 2= mdef
    socket 3= health
    with legend
    socket 4= block
    it is up to you if you want to refine your armour but I saved mine for higher set to come and just grinded my way through with what I was given

    ASTRALS 30+
    Your given three spots to fill. Try to get blue or higher I found I got better astrals when I sold my green ones plus I got more points as well but don't go spending all your gold levelling up blues you will find your self out of gold pretty quick
    spot 1= patk
    spot 2= mdef
    spot 3= crit

    just a quick note
    THE BIG DEBATE
    Critical damage vs. will destroyer
    Many people get in to heated fights over this and it funny to watch but ill give a brief discussion about it.
    You got through all the toons skills and talents and the only one that does more %+ to crit is an archer so therefore when you add it up, only an archer can benefit from crit but it comes in handy well you a low lvl knight.
    Here is the way I see it. Crit on armour plus astral your only going to get a max of 1800 + crit damage and that only if you get 100 per armour piece and on your rings and jewels then 1080 on a orange astral lvl 5.
    Now with will destroyer astral lvl 5 purple or lvl 4 orange it will give you disable crit but 20% to damage so at 5000 damage your only going it be doing an extra 1000 damage but you add the % extra damage you do per skill tree lvl up it works out to be 1600 extra damage if your only doing 5000 base damage the higher your damage and skill tree the more you do in the end.
    EG: if I use orange crit astral lvl 5 >>my Delphic is lvl 2 and my damage is 11k on a bass. I deal 13k+ to a boss with his defence, 5k damage to a knight or archer with average 8k defence that's only if crit makes a hit take 3k damage off that if crit does not make a hit.
    Now I use will destroyer orange lvl 5 >> bass damage of 11k I deal 14k just on a stand still with no moves selected on a boss I use slice damage of 15k I use Delphic damage up to 18k to a boss take 8k of that if fighting a person with 8k pdef then if you use pvp add +1500patk more for ignore def
    I'm not going to tell you what to use but there is the maths. It's just what path your going to choose. I went with will destroyer, your aim is to get
    spot 1= PATK
    spot 2= MDEF
    spot 3= PDEF
    spot 4= block
    spot 5= Will destroyer
    spot 6= Blest health
    spot 7= Illusion

    If you only have 5 spots, you can swop mdef for blessed health if you know your going to fight a knight or archer works well in solo arena for pay out don't forget to put mdef back on
    These are the 7 I have and swop around depending on the fight I am going to fight

    moving on up 45+
    This is the time to really pay attention your main aim is to get

    PATK / defence /strength / block / mdef or health
    For the extras on your armour I would continue this pattern for the rest of the sets to come.
    choose mdef if you have to get past catacombs lvl and your finding them hard
    You can win socketing rods from guild altar but if your going to pay to play this is where I would start using socket rods
    sockets 1=PATK
    sockets 2=MDEF
    sockets 3=PDEF
    legend
    sockets 4=Block or health

    The best thing I found was to lvl hold 45+
    Try to get crusader so you can get your horse from arena shop by this time you would of got spunkler for finishing lvl 100 in cats and you can blitz for that point on a find it a breeze.
    Now your going to need all the power you can get for lvl 50+ battle ground
    To tell the truth, there is people that have held lvl 59 and there talent stun can be over lvl 14+ and they can be bullies but your aim now is to race to 55 a switch from a mage killer to a war machine
    Also doing this, any archer or knight that was winning all the time in your sever will get a rude shock

    So to do this change you need to
    take any mdef gems you have got and put health there
    sockets 1=PATK
    sockets 2=PDEF
    sockets 3=Health
    legend
    sockets 4=Block
    with your armour refine till you have
    PATK / defence /strength / block / health

    By now you would be thinking WHAT??
    "WHERE AM I GOING TO GET MY MDEF FROM "
    Well you will get some form academy most form guild skills. But here is were I get strange here me out you get it from MATK
    I've got over 9k mdef and not one mdef gem or mdef on my armour it all comes from matk/defence from guild skills and academy
    but by this time a mage has all heal and a knight does not really stand a chance against a mage it is just the way the game is made knight beats a archer, archer beats a mage , mage beats a knight but a knight with high block and attack will beat a knight with a lot of health and shield part of the skill tree.
    With the skill tree I found it best and have wasted loads of cash resetting my skill tree just to go with attack side of it
    if you have gone the attack side and you think defence is better don't wast cash resetting buy the second tree that way you can swop between both


    This is the way I have become top knight and stayed top knight but I have all so got extras because you want to be on top you got to pay top dollar.
    I have lvl 3 wings
    750 horse rating that's x4 horse
    lvl three cloths all round

    I hope this has helped you because it has helped me stay top knight

  2. #2
    Knight of Knowledge
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    2,058
    Decent guide but I would suggest goddess blessing then for the 7th and 8th astral whichever you want to have. Also pdef gems are really needed mix and match your gems around. Overall, great guide this should help a lot of people out.

  3. #3
    Herald of Harkenings
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    26
    Do you use balens sir?

    I DON'T KNOW HOW TO PUT IMAGES IN THIS FORUM


  4. #4
    Knight of Knowledge DeathRiver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Officially no longer lurking the forums
    Posts
    1,955
    You forgot to mention how much money did you spend dude.

    The Last Remnant OSTs Go!!!


    {OuO**


  5. #5
    Mage of Multitudes
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Kentucky, US
    Posts
    947
    Quote Originally Posted by R29622219 View Post
    THE BIG DEBATE
    Critical damage vs. will destroyer
    Many people get in to heated fights over this and it funny to watch but ill give a brief discussion about it.
    You got through all the toons skills and talents and the only one that does more %+ to crit is an archer so therefore when you add it up, only an archer can benefit from crit but it comes in handy well you a low lvl knight.
    Here is the way I see it. Crit on armour plus astral your only going to get a max of 1800 + crit damage and that only if you get 100 per armour piece and on your rings and jewels then 1080 on a orange astral lvl 5.
    Now with will destroyer astral lvl 5 purple or lvl 4 orange it will give you disable crit but 20% to damage so at 5000 damage your only going it be doing an extra 1000 damage but you add the % extra damage you do per skill tree lvl up it works out to be 1600 extra damage if your only doing 5000 base damage the higher your damage and skill tree the more you do in the end.
    EG: if I use orange crit astral lvl 5 >>my Delphic is lvl 2 and my damage is 11k on a bass. I deal 13k+ to a boss with his defence, 5k damage to a knight or archer with average 8k defence that's only if crit makes a hit take 3k damage off that if crit does not make a hit.
    Now I use will destroyer orange lvl 5 >> bass damage of 11k I deal 14k just on a stand still with no moves selected on a boss I use slice damage of 15k I use Delphic damage up to 18k to a boss take 8k of that if fighting a person with 8k pdef then if you use pvp add +1500patk more for ignore def
    I'm not going to tell you what to use but there is the maths. It's just what path your going to choose.
    Just have to clarify...when you say orange crit astral do you mean the sniper's edge or do you mean enhanced determination? Hands down the damage output with enhanced determination is potentially MUCH higher than it is with Will Destroyer. Not going to debate which to use here though..just want to know. If you mean the sniper's edge then your not giving both options to their full extent. Its basically just one side and a watered down version of another side...
    Yitien:

    Class: Assassin lvl 78
    BR: 67K
    Server: Qianfo Hall

  6. #6
    Knight of Knowledge
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    2,058
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbarossa View Post
    Just have to clarify...when you say orange crit astral do you mean the sniper's edge or do you mean enhanced determination? Hands down the damage output with enhanced determination is potentially MUCH higher than it is with Will Destroyer. Not going to debate which to use here though..just want to know. If you mean the sniper's edge then your not giving both options to their full extent. Its basically just one side and a watered down version of another side...
    I don't disagree with you but for a knight to have high crit and to utilize the crit build to perfection you will need to spend a hefty load of balens to do this. You will need high lvl crit gems, You also will need high lvl astrals. Lastly, you will be missing out a lot of other nice astrals since you be taking up two spaces for both crits. Not to mention if you want to have block you will need to somehow figure out how to get high crit and high block which will be extremely hard and/or expensive to do so. So crit build may be better in the long run but it is too complex and expensive for a normal person to go with. Just my 2 cents though. I do agree with you that crit build right now does give out more dmg output than will destroyer does.

  7. #7
    Mage of Multitudes
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Kentucky, US
    Posts
    947
    Quote Originally Posted by 0xykotton View Post
    I don't disagree with you but for a knight to have high crit and to utilize the crit build to perfection you will need to spend a hefty load of balens to do this. You will need high lvl crit gems, You also will need high lvl astrals. Lastly, you will be missing out a lot of other nice astrals since you be taking up two spaces for both crits. Not to mention if you want to have block you will need to somehow figure out how to get high crit and high block which will be extremely hard and/or expensive to do so. So crit build may be better in the long run but it is too complex and expensive for a normal person to go with. Just my 2 cents though. I do agree with you that crit build right now does give out more dmg output than will destroyer does.
    Oh yea I agree that its really one or the other. Hard to do the block and crit at the same time unless you want to be mediocre at both. There are way too many posts in the forums about this very topic so I won't go into it here though. Just wanted to have some clarification about the crit astral the OP was talking about. I'll let others make their own decisions but I'm not keen on players having one side over the other
    Yitien:

    Class: Assassin lvl 78
    BR: 67K
    Server: Qianfo Hall

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts