Spawn Camping during Guild Battle :(

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spawn Camping during Guild Battle :(

New Server [S248] Ebon Glade Guild Battle on June 5, 2013: VALKYRIE vs. BOUNCERS

Leaders of the Guild are spawn camping, even the Guild Master is on the spawn area. A very fun battle but is it right to do that? I love GB's but I'm very disappointed if other guilds don't respect people...so sad... ~~big sigh~~ and the server is still new, the master is also recruiting members from other guilds with high BR.. PM'ing them to join their guild...no respect at all..What are your thoughts about this..is it really right to do that just because you want to always be number 1???

Click image for larger version

Name:	GB spawn camping.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	350.1 KB
ID:	1736570
    Game: Wartune
    Server: [S248] Ebon Glade
    Character: Loella
    Class: Mage
    Guild: Bouncers

Well my guild has a rule no spawn camping and for the recruting pming ppl with high br well its not that surprising it`s up to them either accept the offer or trun it down nothing unfair in that you ask ppl of joining your guild.But more common way is in world chat or with large bull horn for recruting.

Comment

it isn't against the rules and my guild also has a rule of no spawn camping. However, since it isn't against the TOS of any kind you can't get banned for it. Personally, I feel that it is wrong for both guilds. Wrong that the guild has to resort to spawn camping and just being bullies, but also wrong for the other guild to just afk in there spawn area with out even trying. If you dont want to be spawn camped then get out and fight like how you are suppose to do it. Even if you know you can't win just fight. Tha tor don't show up to GB. Just going in and afking in your spawn area doesn't help anything and provokes more people to spawn camp you.

Comment

People who are desperate to be number 1, for the prestige or recognition that being number 1 brings in a online clicky game will do pretty much anything to achieve and maintain that position...

As for whether any of it is morally right - probably not.

Legally right? nothing saying they can't poach your players or spawn camp your guild.

unfortunately it's a case of just accepting it or going out and beating them at their own game.
        Originally posted by CreamySaucepan
        You are just a freakozoid... Monster of Frankenstein meets Jabba the Hutt... Frabba the Huttstein... :P
        Originally posted by CreamySaucepan
        Behind every fat Space Slug is a blood thirsty sociopath urging it on.

Comment

It is a tactic, cause when you win the battle as fastest you get more rewards.
          So some guilds on the different servers have few people on the little towers, a few to protect their own main tower, try to get back the enemy to their spawn place and so all other guild members can mass attack the enemies main tower, so the battle will be quick.
          I am not saying this is a nice tactic, i rather have some nice fights, but its easy for some to do this for more rewards...

And about recruiting people, all guilds are allowed to recruit new members, all have their own ways to do so... and it is up to a player to decide if he/she wants to go to other guild or not, even when we all want our friends to stay with us in our "home guild" and i know how sad it can be if friends go join other guilds and you wont team or talk as much as you used to...

Comment

Originally posted by GingerTheHutt View Post
            People who are desperate to be number 1, for the prestige or recognition that being number 1 brings in a online clicky game will do pretty much anything to achieve and maintain that position...

As for whether any of it is morally right - probably not.

Legally right? nothing saying they can't poach your players or spawn camp your guild.

unfortunately it's a case of just accepting it or going out and beating them at their own game.
            Agreed. It's a deal with it or quit type of thing. Deal with it and if you area guild leader of your own guild. Make your own rule of "no spawn camping" kick people out who don't follow your rules. Other than that though your best bet is to just deal with it. If you know you have no chance at GB then just start doing guild merges with other guilds and trying to get your strength up.

Comment

well thanks for the reply guys, my GM set a rule "do not spawn camp" and "i will kick" those who will do that.. I'm just venting :P even though the other guild is spawn camping us we did our best in today's GB and it was not that easy for them, we did our best to hold them off..I'm happy that my guild is a good one and they respect people our guild is competitive and so is our GM we will kick their ***** on the next GB, we are doing our best to strengthen the guild.

Comment

I know content/rules/whatnots from other games shouldn't be reflected in this forum but there is another company that hosts wartune and it is a bannable offense for camp spawning there. Just like its a bannable offense to lure another player into your camp spawn to try and report them. They consider both as forms of harassment. Something I can see that R2 can do if they choose.
                Yitien:

Class: Assassin lvl 78
                BR: 67K
                Server: Qianfo Hall

Comment

imo joining gb has its "fees" .. hp packs lol

enter gb then what go afk? work it out ^_^ atleast your opponents are doing it for you

Comment

Come again you can not spawn camp a base. just fight and put them back to spawn again me win the fight.

BG is bg all guilds use diffrens tatical to try keep them away frome take towers.

its not there fault the other team is to weak for win the fight.
                    Character - Taggen
                    Server - S100 Goulpass Keep
                    Class - Archer
                    Battle Rating -2.4M BR
                    Slyph - Orange Electro, Light, Dark
                    Highest CW ranking - 26th

Comment

Because they are all Hard Casher's that's why they are Strong, we are not against hard cashers if they want to spend money we don't care, we know they are strong but we are NOT WEAK, we just dont spend too MUCH money on the game..but we never expected them to use such shameless tactic by doing spawn camping, for me that's too low, we are using a tactic too, it's not easy for them to beat us early on the game, they even want us to quit, but we NEVER did, we fight until the end. It was a Good Fight, It was FUN, It was a Good Battle but the Leaders are shameless and they are even saying rude things to us just to make us give up and stoop to their level of dirty play but our leader never did that, he stays calm and give us positive comments, and after that game he told us we will definitely beat them :P

Comment

Can you actually say we are AFK? Oh my! You have problems with your eyes then, go get glasses or contacts and check the picture again, you'll definitely see that before we even spawn or move they are attacking us already, others are slipping past them and taking a tower, we actually got 1 tower from them...

Comment

Wrong that the guild has to resort to spawn camping and just being bullies, but also wrong for the other guild to just afk in there spawn area with out even trying. If you dont want to be spawn camped then get out and fight like how you are suppose to do it. Even if you know you can't win just fight. Tha tor don't show up to GB. Just going in and afking in your spawn area doesn't help anything and provokes more people to spawn camp you.
                          There's absolutely no reason to assume that the Bouncers guild is afking. A bunch of them are attempting to leave their spawn. So I don't understand why you jump to 'they are afking'? They don't appear to be doing anything wrong.

It is a tactic, cause when you win the battle as fastest you get more rewards.
                          So some guilds on the different servers have few people on the little towers, a few to protect their own main tower, try to get back the enemy to their spawn place and so all other guild members can mass attack the enemies main tower, so the battle will be quick.
                          And.. this has nothing to do with the topic. Attacking the ward tower is not spawn camping. The OP is talking about spawn camping.

all guilds use diffrens tatical to try keep them away frome take towers.
                          This is continuous attacks inside a spawn. It is not a tactic. It isn't about preventing them from reaching towers. That defense fails every time. You do not in any way need to enter the enemy's spawn to prevent them from taking towers!

Can you actually say we are AFK? Oh my!
                          Yeah I have no idea why he assumed that! It's pretty clear most Bouncers are either dead or trying to leave the spawn.

Comment

Guys... this is not a pillow fight... it a f...king Guild Battle! Deal with it, or go play Farmville!

Comment

I agree, why resort to entering the enemy spawn and force others who do not wish to fight to fight? It is not a preventative measure in any way, you could just as easily make a fence outside the spawn. What I have noticed is that until the spawn campers get beaten, they will not complain or get upset. It is when they are finally given a taste of the massacre will they decide to play honorable.

Lilith, it's not about a pillow fight or what not, it is about having fun in a game. How is it fun to bully and massacre just because you can beat someone else? Its already obvious at the end of the guild battle, and spawn killing is only making it quite displeasing to play.

Regardless how powerful one person or a guild is, i totally agree that spawn camping for kills isnt nice to anyone when all guilds shouldnt have a problem getting along and having fun. This is, afterall, a game and to take it so serious is ...well a very big disappointment on so many levels :P
                              Fate Server 12
                              I choose my Fate

Comment

Working...
                              X