This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wartune: PvP Mage

is the healing really worth it in the higher lvls? or adding a lil pdef via academy all it takes to help even out the odds against archers/knights (Mainly Archers) Personally i don't have too much trouble with Knights, but dem crit Archers ._. woah do they crit....any advice on counter measures? or a good anti-archer build (if possible)

P.S. have managed to deal with maybe 40-50% of Archers thx to academy high pdef and a few lv.2-3 pdef gems the rest are all m-atk and crit based
    'Cuz I'ma CandyMan~
    ☣CAIN☣

Well a lot of the crits archers do are needed because the base attack is lower for the skills they have but other then more pdef you are squishy so watch out for arrows. :P

That's why archers prefer fighting mages more then knights as with their higher pdef they can lower the damage enough that the knight actually does more damage then the archer.

Comment

uhhh last i checked Archers had equal or close to same patk and pdef as a knight (compare them yourself) lolz still though double shot crit hurts -.- their mdef is slight below a mages but still decent, in my personal opinion they're a little too OP, perhaps a lil nerfing...would be decent if the double shot was something along the lines of, 1st atk is the base crit 2nd one 50% of the original crit dmg....but meh i got around, turns out i just need to slot and gem my gear more then they can
      'Cuz I'ma CandyMan~
      ☣CAIN☣

Comment

Ok so i came here just to update any struggling Mages out there and came upw ith what i think is a pretty solid PvP Mage Build, Currently lv.31 (by the time this was posted) and my current Skill tree Looks Something Like:

Lightning Bolt Lv.1
        Rain of Fire Lv.1
        Heart Elemental Lv.2
        Mana Master Lv.3
        Damnation lv.1 (pretty sucky @ lv.2 but lv.2's description seems pretty good, and it's always a "Sure Skill" meaning the Atk dmg is Fixed and not affected by Defense as far as i know)
        Restoration Lv.2 (Awesome Healing + gives a 10% Dmg Reduction @ Lv.2)
        Healing Empowerment Lv.2 (Better Heals! and @ lv.2 you get 20% MDef Boost allowing you to focus on more Pdef)
        Castinator Lv.1 (Cuz I need It To Get Meteor -.-)
        Meteoric Destroyer Lv.1 (cuz who doesn't Love to spam RoF (Rain of Fire+Meteors In Battle Arena 3v3) <3

Total Skill Points Used ATM: 14 Points with 1 Point to Spare (Am saving it for Damnation Lv.2 cuz 1.2k Dmg is good and +8% xtra dmg to them for the next 2 turns)

If Anyone ACTUALLY resets or makes this build, by all means give me feedback how it works for you ^^ (Remember to always say Thx~)
        'Cuz I'ma CandyMan~
        ☣CAIN☣

Comment

Do you think that the main skills that cost 30+ rage are good idea?

Comment

Once you get the sets of gear that adds rage at the start or more rage per attack they gain a large bonus compared to say a archer who has very little use of rage other then for multi-shot or the sniper and one costs 10 rage and the other costs 80 that there is a huge gap that they can do differently other then a crappy aoe or a weak heal leech attack.

Comment

It's as Myaff says, i implied the bonuses from the lv.35 arena sets, in which you already start with 30 rage,+50 Endurance, and ignore 1000 of Enemy Mdef, that being said, starting with 30 rage is all you need, since all attacks will be 30 rage or less, and if you followed the build you should be doing +8 rage per turn (Minimum) with elemental @ lv.2, when troops atk you also gain additional rage, i always stand in the frotn row and troops in the far back btw, it is VERY helpful (this applies also to my Mage Build, Matk,Pdef,HP, with crit stones and crit astral, pdef astral is a must, and the last is your choice of either hp or matk, or mix it up between the 4) all but the Restoration should be 30 rage, and did not mention this but Damnation lv.2 inflicts a Fixed Dmg atk of 1.2k with an additional 8% dmg you deal for the next 5 turns, and also reduces rage cost by 5 (damnation costs only 30) a good way to start off a match would be, Bolt>Rain of Fire>troops should be dead by then if not increase matk, or to the alternate, bolt>bolt>rain of fire (which is the basic for 1v1 pvp or arena) when teh player is left alone, inflict damnation, or if she/he has lowered your life severely (should not be teh case but you know the saying "there is always somebody better) then use restoration, you will either heal more then he dmgd you +10% dmg reduction, or at least even out

P.S. if anyone else has questions about the build don't hesitate to ask
              Last edited by ProNab; 09-03-2012, 05:22 PM.
              'Cuz I'ma CandyMan~
              ☣CAIN☣

Comment

Healing is good in group arena. Period.

Comment

My current PVP build lvl 39 Mage

Active skills
                  Bolt - lvl 3
                  RoF - lvl 3
                  DTF - lvl 1
                  Thunderer - lvl 2
                  Restoration - lvl 3

Passive
                  Heart elemental - Max
                  Mana master - Max
                  Healing empowerment - Max

I didnt get meteor or damnation cause they cost alot of rage for me and does little dmg while my main RoF with QTE can do 129% magic dmg with 16 rage to cast also i maxed my healing for the reason it almost negates most the dmg people can deal.
                  most mages dont deal dmg to me cause of the +20% mdef boost also my build lets me go upto lvl 50 crypt

Comment

Originally posted by Menaechmus View Post
                    My current PVP build lvl 39 Mage

Active skills
                    Bolt - lvl 3
                    RoF - lvl 3
                    DTF - lvl 1
                    Thunderer - lvl 2
                    Restoration - lvl 3

Passive
                    Heart elemental - Max
                    Mana master - Max
                    Healing empowerment - Max

I didnt get meteor or damnation cause they cost alot of rage for me and does little dmg while my main RoF with QTE can do 129% magic dmg with 16 rage to cast also i maxed my healing for the reason it almost negates most the dmg people can deal.
                    most mages dont deal dmg to me cause of the +20% mdef boost also my build lets me go upto lvl 50 crypt
                    Cost too much? you know thunderer costs 50 and dtf 100 right? i see them as a waste even for 1v1, sure bolt and rof are nice, but when in pve/arena (be it 1v1 or 3v3) to have aoe's to take out both troops and dmg the player at the same time is soooo good, by the time metor is done rof should be done, and can mix in bolt inbetween, if your matk is pretty strong, it shouldn't take you more then 4-5 turns to kill the player (i'm mainly an matk crit pdef hp) mage...yeah i can get all that in there -.-
                    'Cuz I'ma CandyMan~
                    ☣CAIN☣

Comment

..thunderer is the best skill for countering archer .. its like their delphic snipe..(almost).. if thunderer crits you know what i mean..

his build is good .. 2/3 damager and 1/3 support

MD is good for mobs only// and it will suck u when a knight uses rebound on arena ..
                      Server: S3 WORG LAIR
                      IGN: LordFireMage
                      LVL: 4X

Comment

i agree for buff mage a little , they are kinda weak in 1vs1 , but for archer crit , maybe can put astral ... maybe mage underpowered before they are higher lvl , we all dunno that , but for sure right now mage underpowered in 1vs1
                        [S1] Temple Of Ibalize
                        NasrulEyo
                        Mage
                        Havoc

"I'm Moving Forward Bcoz Of Friends , Ty For Supporting Me Friends & Havoc"
                        U can submit a here
                        My guide

Comment

Originally posted by terayaki2 View Post
                          i agree for buff mage a little , they are kinda weak in 1vs1 , but for archer crit , maybe can put astral ... maybe mage underpowered before they are higher lvl , we all dunno that , but for sure right now mage underpowered in 1vs1
                          Build Is Outdated, Find The Newest Build Here: http://forum.r2games.com/showthread....-Archer-Knight
                          'Cuz I'ma CandyMan~
                          ☣CAIN☣

Comment

Originally posted by terayaki2 View Post
                            +1 would be nice
                            Server: Roaring Wetlands
                            IGN: MeShuRa
                            Class: Mage
                            Guild: Asgard

Comment

I can beat just about every archer and every knight on the server I play on (even some of the big cashers). You will probably reach this point as well.

When everybody starts getting close to level 50, it's other mages you have to worry about.

Comment

Working...
                              X