Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What to level, Blood rune or Healing rune?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to level, Blood rune or Healing rune?

I cant decide what is best to focus on leveling for my 3 characters. I play all 3 classes: archer, mage and knight. And yes it is time consuming to play 3 characters.

Since my characters are low level, 43, 43, and 50, and I wont be cashing to buy runes, I wont be earning many runes outside of tank wars and 95 devotion. So my goal for my 3 characters is to level either the blood rune or healing rune and not touch the other one.

My thoughts are to have healing rune for my knight and archers since they lack a healing skill and to have blood rune for my mage. But I also want to build for the endgame and if the bloodrune is so usefull endgame, should I not just feed the bloodrune on all my characters?

Originally posted by chrisdab View Post
    I cant decide what is best to focus on leveling for my 3 characters. I play all 3 classes: archer, mage and knight. And yes it is time consuming to play 3 characters.

Since my characters are low level, 43, 43, and 50, and I wont be cashing to buy runes, I wont be earning many runes outside of tank wars and 95 devotion. So my goal for my 3 characters is to level either the blood rune or healing rune and not touch the other one.

My thoughts are to have healing rune for my knight and archers since they lack a healing skill and to have blood rune for my mage. But I also want to build for the endgame and if the bloodrune is so usefull endgame, should I not just feed the bloodrune on all my characters?
    Unless you're spending cash I personally think healing rune is a waste of time as you wont get a decent level from it unless you do tanks daily for months, healing rune is basically nullifying 1 hit. Whilst blood deals damages over a certain amount of turns. I also feel blood rune is bad unless you're on 50% with 40-50 chars.
    Want to file a ticket? Click .
    Please read the rules: &

Comment

I am absolutely in love with the blood rune. Not only is it great because it stacks with the increased damage in long pvp fights, but it's also soooo amusing to kill bosses/players with a tick of blood rune (yes, I am easily amused!).
      Heck, today we even had a fight in arena where both my team mates were dead, and the enemy team also had only one left. I was on low enough health to die from his next attack, but thanks to the blood rune he died from the tick as he was about to hit me xD
      *looney mage addict*

Nyx
      lvl80 Mage
      S444 Silent Arena

Comment

I honestly don't know which one is better so what I'm about to say is just my personal view. As a knight, I picked blood over heal. As Katalogen said, heal is just basically nullifying 1 hit. Blood rune have been especially useful in class wars for me since it will always goes to the 50% buff against someone that I can actually beat. Blood rune does quite a bit of damage over the turns. I also found it useful in group arena when I'm about to die since it allows me to do some damage after death.

Comment

blood rune for mage is waste since we can use puri. Heal rune can add to sun. Other classes, blood rune is very useful.
          Death comes when you hear the Banshee.....

Comment

Originally posted by B4nsh33 View Post
            blood rune for mage is waste since we can use puri.
            Do you mean against mage or does it do something with puri if you use it?

Comment

blood rune for mage is waste since we can use puri. Heal rune can add to sun. Other classes, blood rune is very useful.
              This makes no sense unless you are planning on only doing class wars. Blood rune has plenty of uses and very few, if any, mages under level50 will run around in bg's with puri.
              *looney mage addict*

Nyx
              lvl80 Mage
              S444 Silent Arena

Comment

My personal recommendation(atleast for knights) is the healing rune. My philosophy is being a knight if you cant heal yourself for a good amount then you are not very effective. Ofc there is block heal but being able to heal yourself any instant for a good chunk of your HP is very satisfying and calming, especially for CW, now most people pot+scroll up for CW and knights get an additional 20% on their HP so they have massive HP's making heal rune very effective. Trust me, knowing that you can heal up for 10k(I heal for 12k) HP is very very satisfying .
                For mages i think heal rune is not as effective, dont know about the archers, they're the class i know least about so can't comment.

Comment

Your goal, is to shoot yourself in the foot with all three characters. That's what leveling only one of blood or heal runes will do (I assume you're also leveling brutality). I also have not been cashing to level up runes.

My experience is with knights and mages. My first rune is always brutality, as I have adequate starting rage to do a brutalized area of effect attack as my opening move. My preferred second rune (of the basic three) is
                  * Catacombs: blood. When you're in trouble heal generally heals for less than one round of attacks.
                  * Spire: heal. Blood damage is capped too low to be worth anything. The damage rate is generally low enough that a well-timed heal rune can bridge you past the timeout for Paean of Life.
                  * MP dungeons: I don't have that much experience there (they're the first thing I cut to manage time loading). Blood doesn't trigger reflection damage, but heal can help you if your healing mage disconnects.
                  * General Arena: This depends on what you typically face. If the damage rate is high, but not high enough to kill you in 6-8 rounds i.e 30-40 seconds, blood is usually more useful. For a low damage rate, heal is more useful.
                  * Battleground: same considerations as general arena. Heal is also useful when attacking a weak opponent as it can cancel out the damage you took during the fight.
                  * Solo/campaign dungeons: Typically blood, assuming the boss doesn't keel over almost instantly.

Blood and heal runes have the same cost to level, so trading one max level in blood/heal for two levels in the other makes sense. If you refuse to do that, the above should help you choose what you want to be handicapped at.

Comment

yes we can use puri to counter blood rune... now if using 1 rune make someone use a spell on is bar with the sole purpose of countering that rune..does it worth having the rune?Toataly....

my opinion for mages=Blood rune over heal rune any day! mage alwasy do very long figth and blood rune shien in long figt considerign the % affect the blood rune damage in a fight at the 2min marka lvl 9 blood ruen can do 16k..damage..per tick x8...or 98% of total life..

for knight/hunter..heal rune woudl be my choice since most fight finish rarely over 50% and usually close to beg of it and ul be able to use ur ruen to is full power mroe often (blood may finish whit ...3turn left on it making u loose that damage)

ssore mage s1 temple of ibalize

Comment

If you have high HP and high Def, Heal Rune will be awesome for you.

Because it doesn't just "nullify 1 hit", such as you have 70000 HP, but opposing only deal like 2000 dmg on you, your Heal rune lv.1 heals for 7000, lv.2 heals for 8400. (that's 3~4 hits)
                      And if you're a Knight... place a Shield on yourself and if you have high Block, mass healing back to full HP.

Blood rune is mostly used to counter the above character, however lv.1~3 isn't that great until lv.5 and above.
                      3~4% of HP lost over 3~4 turns.
                      That's around 9~16% total HP lost (or around 1~2 hits from some characters - might as well just attack regularly since it takes around the same amount of round to fire off an attack or rune)
                      Lv.5 Blood Rune is 5% for 5 turns, and I believe it also can be cast 2 times. (so that's 25% of total HP - if used twice, that's 50% total)

Blood rune is mostly used in Class War by Mages and Knights, it is useless for Archer due to fast combat, no drags.

So for Archer, Heal rune is better if you have a moderately high HP and Def, best is if the opposing is targeting your Troops instead when you use a Heal rune.

Comment

So I decided to go with a heal rune for the archer since archer battles dont last long even at high levels. For the mage, I decided to do the blood rune.

I am still undecided for the knight though. My knight is lvl 43 and so I rely on my angel troops to heal me, while at lvl 60+ I plan to have LD and so high block to heal me. Between that though, in the 50s I cant rely on angels or block to heal me. But I am building for lvl 60+ so is the blood rune is better at those levels? I need advice from lvl 60's+ players.

Comment

My two cents as an archer...

It seems at my level (~65) most people open with brutality to maximize their AOE damage - including myself. By the time I can fire off the remaining rune I'm usually too deep into the match to warrant using bleed. If the match is even, often cycling one more round determines who dies first, me or them. If the match is tilted it really doesn't matter between blood, heal, or anything else. I've been running with the heal rune and so far it really helps tilt even matches in my favor.

I'll also add that between ** and the heal rune I can replenish some HP on lesser opponents which can help in BG and save the cost of some HP pots in other events. In fact, I don't even buy hp pots anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisdab View Post
                            So I decided to go with a heal rune for the archer since archer battles dont last long even at high levels. For the mage, I decided to do the blood rune.

I am still undecided for the knight though. My knight is lvl 43 and so I rely on my angel troops to heal me, while at lvl 60+ I plan to have LD and so high block to heal me. Between that though, in the 50s I cant rely on angels or block to heal me. But I am building for lvl 60+ so is the blood rune is better at those levels? I need advice from lvl 60's+ players.
                            Dont rely on block too much bro, its good yea but even at 3.1k block i cant rely on it too much atm... ofc u can get 5k block but to get it u will have to sacrifice one of your base stats(most probably MDEF as u dont need it in CW) big time so if your planning to do that then dont consider heal rune. However if you are not planning to do that then consider this...
                            I dont have a 100% guaranteed advise as its a close call but heal rune works good for me as its effect increases as your HP increases, with it at lvl 4 right now i heal 12k HP and it comes in very handy in PvE and especially in CW, so my pick is heal rune.... ofc blood rune is also good but heal rune is my personal preference as it's power grows along with your character, also knights get 20% additional HP boost so it becomes really powerful as u get new astrals, legensdary sets, socket HP gems, get leg rings etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Stork8675 View Post
                              I'll also add that between ** and the heal rune I can replenish some HP on lesser opponents which can help in BG and save the cost of some HP pots in other events. In fact, I don't even buy hp pots anymore.
                              HP pot isn't even suppose to work in BG...

I posted up a Bug about that before, lol (haven't been able to duplicate it tho, think it's some sort of one-time bug)

Comment

Working...
                              X