Mage Class ATtk spd or Cast Spd

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mage Class ATtk spd or Cast Spd

I was wondering what speed does a caster type like a mage need to use attk spd or cast spd? Cast spd as it's name i imagine is used to reduce the casting time on skills that need it , but if you use skills with zero cast time all you need is attk spd? Anyone tried anything on those? Seen any difference?

i think u have answered your own qus alr. cast spd reduce casting time whereas attk spd affect those with 0 cast time. if u have 2 types of skill, its up to u to decide which gems u want to use.

Comment

Originally posted by pappody View Post
      I was wondering what speed does a caster type like a mage need to use attk spd or cast spd? Cast spd as it's name i imagine is used to reduce the casting time on skills that need it , but if you use skills with zero cast time all you need is attk spd? Anyone tried anything on those? Seen any difference?
      max the skill alacrity that reduces the casting spell time and for gems use pink diamond gems for attack speed thats what i think
      Edit : i haven't try that method yet but ill try
      Last edited by lDemonMirajanel; 05-18-2013, 08:03 AM.
      "Poison ? That's a merely dessert for a demon like me" - (S58)Mirajane

Comment

Originally posted by Gumih0 View Post
        i think u have answered your own qus alr. cast spd reduce casting time whereas attk spd affect those with 0 cast time. if u have 2 types of skill, its up to u to decide which gems u want to use.
        Attack speed doesn't affect ONLY skills that has 0 cast time.. Attack speed affects EVERY skill, your attack speed determines the duration your skill takes to launch, aka how fast the attack animation happens. How ever since you're Mage the more important of those 2 is Casting speed.
        Stalkers OP.

Best (ex) R2 employee quote: "Be kind to your fellow players ~ you never know when they are alt GMs "

Comment

Originally posted by venomeh View Post
          Attack speed doesn't affect ONLY skills that has 0 cast time.. Attack speed affects EVERY skill, your attack speed determines the duration your skill takes to launch, aka how fast the attack animation happens. How ever since you're Mage the more important of those 2 is Casting speed.
          so if attk spd affect every skill, those skill with cast time, if what u said is correct, will be faster with more attk spd? then wats the point of cast spd?

Comment

._. All this time, I just assumed, ATK SPD is for physical damage attacks or skills, while CST SPD is for magical damage.. LOL. Thanks for the info guys.
            "This cosmic dance of bursting decadence and withheld permissions twists all our arms collectively, but if sweetness can win, and it can, then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend. Peace." - Royal Tart Toter

Last Update: 17 May 2013

Comment

so if attk spd affect every skill, those skill with cast time, if what u said is correct, will be faster with more attk spd? then wats the point of cast spd?
              When you see the channeling bar, you're casting a spell, casting speed affects that.
              Stalkers OP.

Best (ex) R2 employee quote: "Be kind to your fellow players ~ you never know when they are alt GMs "

Comment

Originally posted by venomeh View Post
                correct
                cast speed changes the amount of time that little bar at the bottom is there. which is pretty important for skills like flame explosion.
                Click image for larger version

Name:	cast speed.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	14.9 KB
ID:	1669308
                attack speed effects the moments before that bar pops up, like Venomeh said
                mostly cast speed then good attack speed can be helpful
                Last edited by ShadowGammaDraco; 05-18-2013, 01:24 PM.

Comment

Attack speed. Mages have a few 0.5 duration burst skills which are the most important

Comment

if u have enough cast speed..focus on atk spd..its too important that u have both because
                    at 50+ luck ur flame explosion is always at maximum dmg (lucky strike) 100% of the time..
                    IGN:Andromeda from joyopark S8
                    Plane:Eidolon
                    Guild:BlooDPhantoM

Non-Casher Player

Recruiting Guild Members with 200+ soul completion
                    pm me in-game..

Comment

Originally posted by catastrophe14333 View Post
                      if u have enough cast speed..focus on atk spd..its too important that u have both because
                      at 50+ luck ur flame explosion is always at maximum dmg (lucky strike) 100% of the time..
                      ^ Totally right
                      "Poison ? That's a merely dessert for a demon like me" - (S58)Mirajane

Comment

Working...
                      X