How does ASPD AND CASTING SPEED work?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How does ASPD AND CASTING SPEED work?

I know it's such a noob question, but I am just wondering how are these two differ from each other. I'm a pure nature ranger and I use magic arrow for my cheap attacks, since the cast time is zero does that mean it won't be affected by casting speed thus making it more faster attack than a normal physical attack that depends on attack speed. I'm really lost here cause I have 120% casting speed and it seem no different when I got a 100%using magic arrow. Please point me in the right direction, any clarifications on this matter will be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much in advance!
    "Be quiet, I'm doing the fishstick! It's a very delicate state of mind."

attack speed affects all skills animation time IE the duration of every skill
    cast speed only affects skills with cast time in their description
    just because a skill is "magic" doesn't mean it will use cast time (common misconception)
    Sith's Priest Guide

Comment

Originally posted by sithewarrior View Post
      attack speed affects all skills animation time IE the duration of every skill
      cast speed only affects skills with cast time in their description
      just because a skill is "magic" doesn't mean it will use cast time (common misconception)

correct, pretty much why everyone says priests are slow as well or not good in pvp, they haven't invested into attack speed.&why rogues get off so many "attacks"

Comment

So to make things simple, casting speed only affects skills with actual cast delays and attack speed affects skill animation delays thus skills with instant cast like magic arrow depends on ASPD alone? That's what I understand to what you have just stated, correct me if I'm wrong and BTW thanks for the reply.
        "Be quiet, I'm doing the fishstick! It's a very delicate state of mind."

Comment

yes basically if u hit the button and the spell goes off instantly its based on attack speed, if you hit the button and it starts to channel the spell preparing to cast, its cast speed

Comment

Working...
          X