Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

Sith's Comprehensive Guide to Priests

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by R2386494 View Post
    How current is this guide?

Its a nice guide, and given its post just under 2 years ago, i was wondering if anything has changed and/or its kept up to date?
    Look at the date that the guide was made and last edited, this isn't much to ask.
    Since I'm answering this anyways, this guide just came out awhile ago.
    (S56)TpstT
    A weird and noob priest with an emerald socket
    ♫ Lv1 mortal, 1 matk, 1(0%) def, 1 heal, baby turtle muahahahaha :p who cares about stat just have fun ♪
    come visit ;)

Comment

Originally posted by TpstT View Post
      Look at the date that the guide was made and last edited, this isn't much to ask.
      Since I'm answering this anyways, this guide just came out awhile ago.
      Yeah, but he has multiple posts, and i was wondering if its all valid, i have been reading all the guides in this forum, and some are contradictory to this one.

Its a very good guide, im just wanting to make sure if what im reading is the latest priest information, since alot of the guides are very old, and with the buggy skill information he has explained in this guide, im using it as a reference to other guides who have those spells listed as "needed"

So.. it's not much to ask.

And yes i did notice the last edited times.
      • 1st Post: Last edited by sithewarrior; 10-03-2013 at 03:55 PM.
      • 2nd Post: Last edited by sithewarrior; 10-03-2013 at 03:41 PM.
      • 3rd Post: Last edited by sithewarrior; 10-03-2013 at 03:59 PM.
      Last edited by R2386494; 10-09-2013, 01:38 AM.

Comment

From my calculations (hitting mobs with lucky strikes) it seems that BB does 100% matk (instead of the 80% in the description) as well as the bonus 6.7% HP just thought you might want to put that in. Therefore it is ALWAYS stronger than light missile so should be basic attack in any situation
        IGN: (S62)Zipzap
        Server: [S62]Bloodshed Hollow (S62+S60)
        Guild: (S60)Apocalypse
        Level: 128+ Eidolon
        Class: Blood focus hybrid priest
        Married to: (S62)Ajari

Everything's gonna be alright, if its not alright then its not yet the end!

Comment

Originally posted by Zuzap View Post
          From my calculations (hitting mobs with lucky strikes) it seems that BB does 100% matk (instead of the 80% in the description) as well as the bonus 6.7% HP just thought you might want to put that in. Therefore it is ALWAYS stronger than light missile so should be basic attack in any situation
          Actually, lucky strike accounts for 1.15x the damage (tested via light missle) so BB still has 80%, It also does the same damage as blood pact from what I've seen anyway, but I can confirm the 6.7% hp is correct rather than 4.5%.
          If you'd like an extra check:
          Assume 100% ratio
          my blood beam damage 118982
          m.atk: 99792
          hp: 335826
          calculated: 122292.342

But, if you calculate my light missile first:
          309827 crit 270% -->114750 non crit --> divide by base m.atk --> approximately 1.15
          recalculate: 1.15*(99792*0.8+335826*0.067) = 117684.0333 much closer value

So in theory, light missile CAN out damage blood beam if you don't have the hp to compensate the loss of 20% magic attack

I will note that blood beam lv 5 does consistently more damage than lv 5 blood pact despite the difference in bonus damage, however the difference is approximately 1k out of my normal 300k hits. For all I know it's a bit more than 6.7% for blood beam.

Originally posted by R2386494 View Post
          Yeah, but he has multiple posts, and i was wondering if its all valid, i have been reading all the guides in this forum, and some are contradictory to this one.

Its a very good guide, im just wanting to make sure if what im reading is the latest priest information, since alot of the guides are very old, and with the buggy skill information he has explained in this guide, im using it as a reference to other guides who have those spells listed as "needed"

So.. it's not much to ask.

And yes i did notice the last edited times.
          • 1st Post: Last edited by sithewarrior; 10-03-2013 at 03:55 PM.
          • 2nd Post: Last edited by sithewarrior; 10-03-2013 at 03:41 PM.
          • 3rd Post: Last edited by sithewarrior; 10-03-2013 at 03:59 PM.
          Well, I posted the guide on September 15th and have been adding sections, most recent being last week... so yeah, pretty updated...
          Sith's Priest Guide

Comment

ohhh i always thought that lucky strike does 100% possible damage my bad :P Then in that case it would be 80% of matk because the 115% would make it seem like it is doing 100% matk
            IGN: (S62)Zipzap
            Server: [S62]Bloodshed Hollow (S62+S60)
            Guild: (S60)Apocalypse
            Level: 128+ Eidolon
            Class: Blood focus hybrid priest
            Married to: (S62)Ajari

Everything's gonna be alright, if its not alright then its not yet the end!

Comment

Are the skills still glitched? cos i'm about to rb. thanks in advance
              (S45)Ghoulp
              Guild: Titanite
              Position: Guild Master
              "Priests are like your bestfriends in life. They buff you with inspiring moments. They'll fight back if you get hurt."

Guide/s:

Comment

Unless I've edited my posts otherwise, skills are indeed still bugged including magic blast even though they said it was patched a few weeks ago
                Sith's Priest Guide

Comment

Originally posted by sithewarrior View Post
                  Unless I've edited my posts otherwise, skills are indeed still bugged including magic blast even though they said it was patched a few weeks ago
                  oh, okay. I still find my improved blood beam stronger than the normal one. But, i might observe more.
                  (S45)Ghoulp
                  Guild: Titanite
                  Position: Guild Master
                  "Priests are like your bestfriends in life. They buff you with inspiring moments. They'll fight back if you get hurt."

Guide/s:

Comment

Originally posted by R22310830 View Post
                    oh, okay. I still find my improved blood beam stronger than the normal one. But, i might observe more.
                    You need to do some precalculations to determine whether or not you benefit from using basic glitch or not
                    The only difference between basic and improved/master is the bonus attack and the 6.7%hp vs 4.5% hp bonus dmg
                    As a low level, the bonus attack and low hp will factor into the difference between your attacks, however, after a rebirth/char development, basic will guarantee to be stronger
                    Sith's Priest Guide

Comment

Can you detail the stats that we're going to make? like.. 2 int 1 endu then after lvl 20 pure int. then after 30 back in 2 int 1 endu ... something like that sir

Comment

Can you detail the stats that we're going to make? like.. 2 int 1 endu then after lvl 20 pure int. then after 30 back in 2 int 1 endu ... something like that sir

Comment

Originally posted by mjmdt View Post
                          If you read [SEC00.0] you'd know that I've made a disclaimer stating I will not go into detail or experience with experimenting with stat building pure int vs pure end vs mix mainly because I don't have an abundant number of AP resets to play around with

my guide proceeds as pure int
                          Sith's Priest Guide

Comment

Incredibly useful!
                            Thank you for all your hard work!

Comment

First of all, ive been inactive for 2 years now, just got back playing. Second thing, when i saw your skill set guide, well, i knew i F***ed up my skill set. Third thing, Thank you!
                              =========================================

League of Angels
                              KojieSan
                              S74 [Nightwatch]
                              Berserker Lv 53
                              BR: secret ;P
                              Light Blaze

Crystal Saga
                              DaisukiDN
                              S8 [Kaspaya Beach]
                              Hybrid Priest Lv 71
                              Scion
                              Demi Godz

Wartune
                              KojieSan
                              S40 [Blood Realm]
                              Mage Lv 59
                              BR: cant touch it
                              Legendz

"God is just a System that humans use so that they can blame someone when they fail or beg for favors when they are in need"

Comment

It's a very nice guide. Help me through late scion and eido stages.

A few days ago I decided to give magic blast a test(since I was full set on bloodpool but had a few spare sots.) What I found out were:
                                1) I don't get the debuff; neither does my team mate. So I'm guessing it's fix in that regard?
                                2) Guessing it's an extension of (1), but it doesn't activate frag proc as I've seen. (used in tg and with 13 monsters a hit and 10% chance for frost, then it should have activated at least by wave 7 but didn't)
                                3) Don't have to target the person. When you use it it heals you the labled amount, then it does the dmg (small delay from dmg done and the skill healing you) The delayed damage is where you used the skill. For example, if let say you're at point A going to point B(wherever it may be). You use the skill on point A then head to point B. .5-1s after you're on your way, the skill will do it's dmg at point A.
                                4) Same with 3, it's a good skill to decloak rogues. Although the range is very small there's still a .5s or so distance before you can get stun. Since there's the delay, it might be hard for them to turn around after using it again.

Hope it helps a bit with the skill. if any other test come to mind, I can try.

Comment

Working...
                                X