Announcement

Collapse

Official Community Discord Server

Need help? Found a bug? For faster assistance, join our Discord: https://discord.gg/VFMzFDqKq5
See more
See less

Combat Rogue to Shadow Rogue.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cuebee
    started a topic Combat Rogue to Shadow Rogue.

Combat Rogue to Shadow Rogue.

Help with my rogue. I'm starting out as a combat rogue for now then switching to shadow rogue after sands of time.

Suggest builds/strategies!

• Haphaestus
    replied
    Im on S60 a unmerged server, and even looking at every r2 server, theres only 1 class with hit% above 60% and thats rangers, every other class is under 60%, even the mega cashers. But a combat rogue with 100-110%dodge only really has to worry about rangers, which on my server there are few, and for a OP rogue it wouldnt be a issue as we have no really good rangers.

Leave a comment:

• sebastian1988
    replied
    Your server is just underdeveloped. On my server 80%+ is common.
    Some rangers break 100%.

Leave a comment:

• Haphaestus
    replied
    No1 has hitrates above 80% besides rangers, everyone else still on the 30-50% range. And thats y i said OP rogues, they will be able to pull off the dodge needed.

Leave a comment:

• sebastian1988
    replied
    Nope. Combat lost their purpose when atk became significant better than defense and hitrates raised to 80%+.
    Most rogues can't pull off enough dodge to survive as combat rogue, nor can a combat rogue solo ladder as fast as a shadow rogue.

Combat rogues are just walking bait against semi decent players. (especially semi decent mages)

Leave a comment:

• Haphaestus
    replied
    Shadow wins 1v1, combat owns in multiple pvp.

Leave a comment:

• sebastian1988
    replied
    Originally posted by Haphaestus View Post
    If your a OP rogue (like stronger then most players in server) Combat is the way to go. If your just a average rogue then shadow is the way to go.
    Wrong. Shadow always beats combat. Combat rogues just don't know how to play their class.

Leave a comment:

• Haphaestus
    replied
    If your a OP rogue (like stronger then most players in server) Combat is the way to go. If your just a average rogue then shadow is the way to go.

Leave a comment:

• Aionyx
    replied
    well tbh a seen rogue is a dead rogue sry to say,and i dear say a shadow rogue would have a better chance to kill my knight than any combat rogue dodge hmph think its been discussed b4 so unless ur combaat is packing well over 100% and can do massive damage a knight or mage will blast it dead 1-2 hits easy

Leave a comment:

• Baixiu
    replied
    Originally posted by PsYkIk985 View Post
    It is very possible to have a to have a rogue that has high crit and high dodge. My rogue has 80% dodge and 94% crit so don't say only 1 of those things is possible. People don't realize that you can put points into both passives, which is what my rogue does.
    That's what we called Hybrid Rogue where you can have both stats (I have 97% dodge and 120% crit).

Leave a comment:

• PsYkIk985
    replied
    It is very possible to have a to have a rogue that has high crit and high dodge. My rogue has 80% dodge and 94% crit so don't say only 1 of those things is possible. People don't realize that you can put points into both passives, which is what my rogue does.

Leave a comment:

• skullmonkey
    replied
    is it possible to make a rogue with high crit and high dodge?

Leave a comment:

• FarFallen
    replied
    Originally posted by cuebee View Post
    So Shadow Rogues can beat Combat Rogues in PvE in terms of crits, while Combat rogues can beat Shadow Rogues in PvP in terms of survivability?
    Something like that. Basically, the higher Crit ratio of Shadow Rogues gives them substantial DPS, in fact the entire Passives tree (right side skills) of Shadow Rogues are designed to specifically boost Attack Speed, Crit. Rate/Damage, and Armor Penetration stats, the three primary essentials of a good Rogue build. Combat Passives involve Movement Speed and Dodge, which are good for survival as it increases one's ability to evade and kite foes while simultaneously whittling them down with speed. Hybridizing these two different Rogue builds is very easy to do, and no matter which way you go, the results are always satisfactory or better.

Leave a comment:

• cuebee
    replied
    Originally posted by DFinn View Post
    FarFallen provided good remarks on both types of Rogues.

Shadow has a higher crit rate.

While combat gives a higher dodge rate.

Shadow enables you a cloaking ability.

Combat gives your a small distance dance ability, which, if you haven't notice, it gives a damage buff.

It's a buff that increases your physical damage for a couple of seconds around +10-15% damage.

That's only 1 dash. There are 3 dash, so you can accumulate15-25% more damage for 10 secs, I think.

So far, the highest dodge I've seen was 81% and critical rate was 84%. <- I've never seen them both high at the same time, so it's either the dodge is high or the crit rate is high.

You can evade everything. That includes AOE attacks.
    So Shadow Rogues can beat Combat Rogues in PvE in terms of crits, while Combat rogues can beat Shadow Rogues in PvP in terms of survivability?

Leave a comment:

• DFinn
    replied
    FarFallen provided good remarks on both types of Rogues.

Shadow has a higher crit rate.

While combat gives a higher dodge rate.

Shadow enables you a cloaking ability.

Combat gives your a small distance dance ability, which, if you haven't notice, it gives a damage buff.

It's a buff that increases your physical damage for a couple of seconds around +10-15% damage.

That's only 1 dash. There are 3 dash, so you can accumulate15-25% more damage for 10 secs, I think.

So far, the highest dodge I've seen was 81% and critical rate was 84%. <- I've never seen them both high at the same time, so it's either the dodge is high or the crit rate is high.

You can evade everything. That includes AOE attacks.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X