No announcement yet.

Please help Joyo GMs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

finally a mod with some good news....or at least some news.... thanks memory
    (S35)Minishroom[/SIZE]
    Lvl. 115 Eidolon Hybrid Priest
    GuildJ1)Titans Sergeant

R.I.P. (J1)Shroominator, you live on through Minishroom...

Comment

Originally posted by maupau20 View Post
      GREAT JOB memorylane sir. thanks for updating both r2 and joyo people. And now that the joyo people are now able to log in their accounts. Lets just wait and hope that the merge becomes successful!
      What do you mean they can log in with their accounts? You mean that you can log on and access your server right now??!!?!?!
      Server: (S39) Erie Marsh
      Character: Jessie
      Class: Priest
      Level: 106+
      Plane Eidolon
      Guild DarkCrusade

“I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.”

Comment

Wouldn't it be possible to use backup data, like what is used for a server rollback to transfer the log in data to R2? To me it seems like a simple fix. If we can rollback from a major server error why can't we do somethinig so simple as sending account login data?

(J8)DeathBringer
        (J8)DeathBringer

Comment

we cant log in from joyo still.
          (j2)silvu Eidolon priest
          (S2)silvu Eidolon priest

Comment

Yes, it seems like a simple fix but apparently they can't. :C

and yeah, it still gives the same error when you try to access the servers, but the accounts are still there.
            Ign: (S44)Euthanize
            Guild: (J1)Philippines
            Level: 150 Eidolon
            Class: Support Priest.

Objection?
            I'm annoying.
            ┐( ̄ヮ ̄)┌

Comment

Okay I was just checking, that post def made it seem like you could. If it was possible for you to log into your servers then it would be a very simple fix to get yall over here.
              Plane Eidolon
              Guild DarkCrusade

“I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.”

Comment

Im thinking here that the real problem is on how the Joyo people would be able to log in their accounts to r2. its hard to explain, when JP people loginto to their accounts they use the JP page and that redirects them to the JP servers to access their toons. there should be a way for them to log into r2 and click their porper servers from our end..... sooo confusing to explain.........

Comment

Originally posted by maupau20 View Post
                  Im thinking here that the real problem is on how the Joyo people would be able to log in their accounts to r2. its hard to explain, when JP people loginto to their accounts they use the JP page and that redirects them to the JP servers to access their toons. there should be a way for them to log into r2 and click their porper servers from our end..... sooo confusing to explain.........
                  Nah I get it, like their servers appear on r2s end/ smth like that.

Objection?
                  I'm annoying.
                  ┐( ̄ヮ ̄)┌

Comment

No I get what you are saying. That if a player logged into Joyo, then they clicked on their character it would redirect them to the appropriate server at R2...
                    I do believe that is what was supposed to happen. But something got messed up during the process.
                    Hopefully R2 with their uber smart GMs and devs can fix this issue for everyone.
                    Plane Eidolon
                    Guild DarkCrusade

Comment

Use the login script from joyopark, change the IP it connects to for the game server and keep the old login server, it'd be a quick fix since our chars are all alive on R2. We just have no way to transfer the log ins, so until then at least let us login from our servers to link here. Example, I log in on Joyopark S8 like when we merged servers s6-s8 all link to same place, so it changed where we logged into but not where we logged in from and we had no problem.
                      (J8)DeathBringer

Comment

Ya'll too smart for me.

Objection?
                        I'm annoying.
                        ┐( ̄ヮ ̄)┌

Comment

Originally posted by R23188982 View Post
                          Wouldn't it be possible to use backup data, like what is used for a server rollback to transfer the log in data to R2? To me it seems like a simple fix. If we can rollback from a major server error why can't we do somethinig so simple as sending account login data?

(J8)DeathBringer
                          No.. When the npc is used to link the character to a new account on the R2 platform, it's suppose to create the log in details for that character. This is where the problem is- the information didn't send as it was suppose to.

Rolling back the data will only affect game data, which is separate from log in data. Since the characters have already been disconnected from their joyopark accounts, there is no way to roll that back.
                          New R2 Community Discord Server: https://discord.gg/VFMzFDqKq5

Received a random forum error? Refresh the page first, sometimes the error message is the error.

Some inboxes are broken, including mine. Please don't send me private messages at this time.

Rules of the Forum are found here.

R2Games Ticket System for browser games: https://www.r2games.com/support

Comment

Nuts. Well that sucks Memory... I was kinda hoping for that also...
                            Plane Eidolon
                            Guild DarkCrusade

Comment

I'm saying, don't use an npc to do the work. I didn't have to talk to an npc to merge to s6-s8 from just s8. They move the char and all we had to do is log in like normal. Why not just let us connect by using Joyo's login page the same way, and when they get everyone logged in from there it'd be easy to create an ip log and give everyone their proper char linked via an account and either email it to us or give us our data in some way.
                              (J8)DeathBringer

Comment

So my next question would be that the Joyo accounts were linked to either email or facebook right? So when the information was transferred to R2 was that information transferred as well. Because if so, couldn't a mass email be sent out to each of their bound emails, with a link that will allow them to link their Joyo account, through their email, into R2's database?

Because that also makes sense to me.
                                Plane Eidolon
                                Guild DarkCrusade

Comment

Working...
                                X