This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unfair Zero Tolerance and Possible Solutions

So. Apparently a lot of people on s63 Hellstorm are getting banned for 'abusing a bug'.

I think it's completely unfair.

To begin with, most of them probably forgot that it was a bug and just wanted to hit back at some jerk attacking them or friends in delivery right after they turn in their loot. So basically once or twice and most likely on accident.

I don't understand why you guys are banning them for that. Three day ban over one accidental bug? That's completely unfair.

If you don't want people doing the delivery glitch, then you should probably fix the glitch itself. For example, right after a plunderer turns in his or her loot, remove the status that prevents other plunderers from attacking.

I don't know how hard the programming is for that, but I don't think it's that bad. It would be a lot more productive, actually, then banning people, because your'e actually fixing a glitch, preventing further abusers.

But seriously. =.=
    Server: [S60]Extingent Bluff
    IGN: Silverblitz
    Guild: Apocalypse
    Class: Shadow Rogue/Combat Passive Hybrid
    Lv: 123 Eidolon
    Honor: Emperor
    Pets: Burning Angel Gen 2 (Gideon), Demon King (Battousai), Golden Teddy (RageBaka)

We are currently working on having the glitch patched and hopefully permanently fixed.
    Players have been warned to quit abusing the glitch but they did not comply. Failure to comply resulted in their three day ban.
    Is that simple enough?
    The King doesn't fall so easily boys

Comment

Doncha think that's a bit too severe?

You said before about warnings on another post with the same bug abuse. But instead of warning them, they were outright banned. o.o

This isn't the first time an inappropriate punishment has been levied for something that isn't severe. Around a few months ago, the player, Rage, on s60, was deleted due to a falsified screen shot sent in by an opposing party. Of course, after R2 found out that the screenshots were falsified, his character was restored, and those who conspired to it were let off with a slap to the wrist.

I'm simply saying that the punishment does not equal the wrong. And like I said, if we go by your judgement, you might as well ban half the server for accidental bug abuse.
      Pets: Burning Angel Gen 2 (Gideon), Demon King (Battousai), Golden Teddy (RageBaka)

Comment

Not to mention, most of them were also banned on their first abuse. o.o I know a few personally and I highly doubt they would willingly abuse a bug like the deli glitch. Rather if it did happen, it would probably have been on accident. Failure to comply should have some kind of leeway, otherwise it's nothing more than a pointless zero tolerance policy.

.-.

Also, it's quite strange to enforce something like that now when before you guys have never seriously enforced it. o.o

Comment

No its not "simple enough" fix the damn glitch asap and cut all this insta banning **** out. Atleast give them a fair trial.

Comment

3 day ban would have been a luxury for me. Been banned almost a month now. I am unbanned Saturday. Care to explain that?

Comment

o.o Well there are several ways you could fix that.

1. Remove the invincibility to other plunderers status

2. Instant boot right after completing quest

3. Inability to attack or be attacked after completing quest

.-. I know a 3 day ban is pretty short to some other things. I've had a friend who was banned for a month over something stupid.

Comment

apparently i did this ´glitch´your talking about and now i´m banned, i have no idea what happened i just suddenly dc and it says im banned, ¨i didnt get not 1 warning¨ whats up with that
                IGN: SmileyXP , from s63

Comment

Originally posted by smileyxp View Post
                  apparently i did this ´glitch´your talking about and now i´m banned, i have no idea what happened i just suddenly dc and it says im banned, ¨i didnt get not 1 warning¨ whats up with that
                  IGN: SmileyXP , from s63
                  Funny how you say that when you were reporting Shadow for doing this same glitch. You knew well of what the consequences would be for doing it.
                  The King doesn't fall so easily boys

Comment

and yet shadow remains unbannable

Comment

Yes players cant do that, even players dont know if its a bug and its their first time doing that, players shouldnt and never do that! They deserve to get ban! But you ask about shadow? Even he know its a bug and he did it more than once he won't get ban or lose his "job"! because he is a mod and he wont ban himself and his friend will never betray him and devote him! Mods can do everything they want! Mods always right and Mods never been wrong! Deal with it players!
                      HAIL OUR GREAT MODS
                      right brotherVT?
                      I love myself.

Comment

R2Games do treat their players evenly. There is no special treatement where you can get direct contact with GM via skype after you spend $10.000, also the mods are doing their job awesomely usefull and very heplfull to the players.. They never abuse bugs and abuse their power and there is absolutely no favouritism in this game. Awesome right!
                        And then you wake up
                        I love myself.

Comment

Originally posted by loveshay View Post
                          Yes players cant do that, even players dont know if its a bug and its their first time doing that, players shouldnt and never do that! They deserve to get ban! But you ask about shadow? Even he know its a bug and he did it more than once he won't get ban or lose his "job"! because he is a mod and he wont ban himself and his friend will never betray him and devote him! Mods can do everything they want! Mods always right and Mods never been wrong! Deal with it players!
                          HAIL OUR GREAT MODS
                          right brotherVT?

was actually standing next to a gm when a player was asked nicely to leave the event in which they could then re enter and continue playing if desired. &they didn't know they were bugged. supposedly. regardless, wasn't banned.
                          most the time if listen to the gm then things don't lead to that. if have a issue with a sanction file a ticket please, forums are not a place to discuss them.
                          if already filed a ticket. pm me the ticket # please
                          ~thread closed

Comment

Working...
                          X