Knight Skills wasted or useless at this stage of the game

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Knight Skills wasted or useless at this stage of the game

Two suggestions/options i will be providing for the passive skill Shield of Thorns.
    As you can see the max hp% is 5% for damage reflection which is perfect and okay.
    The *Max Rebound* stuck at 5,660 is terribly low and renders the skill useless. That reflect damage was alright about 8 years ago when this game started but now it doesn't hurt anything in PvE nor anyone in PvP as The PvE mobs are ridiculously op with hp now and so are the Human players. Players have over 100 million hp now and Monster bosses have Billions.
    Tell me, What is 5,660 reflect damage going to do?? This skill is ridiculously out dated.
    All I'm asking or suggestion is two simple/easy things that would improve this skill and make it more up to date and useful. Trust me when i say "Knights are nerfed hardcore enough as it is" Everyone can be a tank and have max damage reductions now so at least throw us a bone and make this one "once" important skill useful once again. Please.
    Okay Suggestion 1 : Remove the max rebound cap all together and keep the 5% max hp % rebound.
    Suggestion 2: Add 2 zeros at the end of that tiny useless 5,660 and make it Max Rebound 566,000 damage. That would literally put it up with todays Stats and keep it fair.
    These suggestions will make the skill be used as intended. It wont be too op as back when 5,660 was actually good rebound damage it did what it was supposed to do, "ward off attackers in fear of killing themselves" As of now the Rebound is so tiny compared to new stats that it might as well be removed from the game entirely. Please consider my suggestion.

Edit: Also our invincibility skill allows Sleep,stun and freeze to affect us. Where as Rangers invincible skill does not allow anything to go through it. Quite broken for knights aye?
    Last edited by Kanyo; 05-01-2020, 01:08 PM.
    💎Crystal Saga💎
    ☆Game Name: (s61)kanyo™
    ☆Death Tank
    ☆PvP King at your service
    ☆Class:Knight
    Upgrading a system and seeing the new *look* it gives is one of the best feelings huh? 😅

“You’re more important than my sword. …But just a little.”
    — Angeal (Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core)

Insert * All class skills need an update for today's current meta".
    💎Crystal Saga💎
    ☆Death Tank
    Upgrading a system and seeing the new *look* it gives is one of the best feelings huh? 😅

Comment

I will request for an increase in max damage allowances. Please, keep in mind that it does not guarantee implementation.
      If you have a problem, need assistance and we can't help? Submit a ticket with R2 here
      Please, view the bug report list here - CS1
      Forum Rules are located here
      Please, view the bug report list here - CS2
      Looking for a guide? Try here.*

CS1 - FAQ here

Please, note my inbox is broken. Post your issue or question on the forums.

Comment

Thank you so much!!
        💎Crystal Saga💎
        ☆Death Tank

Comment

so let's see , a rogue with 400% attack speed takes 4m hp dmg per second by just hitting u and through ur 8s angelic blessing immunity he takes a total of 32m dmg and u r doing already nothing
          yeah good idea

Comment

we could compile a list of skills like that for all classes. Rogues blade dance max damage is 3300
            vipers touch = 285 damage per 3 sec,
            improved vipers touch 878 per 3 sec.
            improved slayers deftness base dodge +180 (literally 0 effect) while regular slayers deftness gives 10% dodge.
            Eido skill: Venom, 10,000 per sec, venom II 50,000 per sec.

would like to see others add to this post.

Comment

I agree dode, but i do not know other classes and their skills so its up to those people to put forth the information needed!
              💎Crystal Saga💎
              ☆Death Tank

Comment

Oh and Miho thats the entire point of Shield of Thorns. Or you just don't want it to work properly because?
                💎Crystal Saga💎
                ☆Death Tank

Comment

Originally posted by Kanyo View Post
                  bosses have Billions.
                  Both players and bosses get hardcapped at 2.147.483.647 (which is a problem on it´s own as some people are hitting for up to 500 million per attack) and we´ve already reached said cap (bosses, not players, the only case of a player reaching this cap that I know of was when the Simulacrum skill was bugged).
                  This hard cap is enforced because the game uses a signed 32-bit integer. While this could theoretically be increased without any obvious problems I don´t how the game handles decimals (atleast not exactly) and changing things up might screw with that.
                  Edit: Also our invincibility skill allows Sleep,stun and freeze to affect us. Where as Rangers invincible skill does not allow anything to go through it. Quite broken for knights aye?
                  Partially correct, some debuffs work, some don´t. Our skill is programmed in such a way that we avoid everything, the thing is that some status effects are applied regardless of us avoiding attacks or not which makes it kinda wonky. On the other hand 7,5 seconds of being able to go full on rambo does seem rather brocken too.

So while we are at it, what about revamping all skills adding flat values and revamping %-bonus once as they get less and less usefull the stronger one gets. I don´t really care about a 15% damage bonus when I already have like 3k% (turning those 15% into an effective 0,5%).
                  Last edited by R2109499284; 05-03-2020, 03:46 PM.

Comment

If you dont like the 7.5 second invin then we should put a damage reduction cap of 50% on all classes besides knight oh and Rogue dodge% should be capped as its clearly broken.
                    And if we are to nerf knight invin then why not nerf the double hit rogues do as it seems "rather brocken too"
                    Last edited by Kanyo; 05-03-2020, 07:29 PM.
                    💎Crystal Saga💎
                    ☆Death Tank

Comment

rangers does allow skills to go through tho? easily bp rangers while the shield passive is on and they're sitting ducks if they cant run fast enough

source: i did this plenty of times myself in pvp
                      'Do transformers get car or life insurance?'

Comment

Actually, it works just fine for me.
                        Everyone's equal if they upgrade the same thing. And of course, don't say that it's broken if you are fighting someone who maxed almost at everything while you are still being a potato.

Comment

In addition, the only thing that needs update is our passive skills cause their damage is potato. The damage and function of our active skill is pretty much works just fine.

Comment

If you dont like the 7.5 second invin then we should put a damage reduction cap of 50% on all classes besides knight oh and Rogue dodge% should be capped as its clearly broken.
                            And if we are to nerf knight invin then why not nerf the double hit rogues do as it seems "rather brocken too"
                            The damage reduction cap is a good idea (imo) even though mathematically speaking probably overkill somebody with 75% damage reduction is twice as tanky as someone with 50% damage reduction.

In a hypothetical case were two player have 0 defensive stats expect for damage reduction:
                            50% damage reduction would essentially double your effective HP (e.g. you would normally take 100 damage and it get´s reduced to 50 -> 100/50 = 2)
                            75% damage reduction would quadruple your effective HP (e.g. normal damage of 100 gets reduced to 25 -> 100/25 = 4 (compared to 50% -> 50/25 = 2)

The problem here is that damage reduction does not scale linear but exponential. LOT does not make this any worse as LOT is applied multiplicatively, not additively.
                            This change would pretty much cause all classes expect for knights to take twice the amount of damage they are currently taking (adding DEF does NOT change this as the ratios stay the same).

The fact that I can get OS in the ladder on level 131, 132 and 133 at 142 mil HP, 21 mil DEF, 75% damage reduction and 11,6% LOT means that it would practically become impossible to survive those bosses for any other class (well, realistically everbody just stuns them and is done with them but that´s another problem).
                            I would rather change the %-def on the frag weapon into increased max damage reduction (AND damage reduction itself) around a value like 10%. 10% would make a difference of 66,66...% compare to other classes.
                            Which then leaves us with the problem that some classes (*cough* priests *cough*) can remove way to much damage reduction and turn just about everybody into a piece of paper.

The double hit mecheanic wouldn´t be that bad if it wasn´t able to double proc anything or proc, I don´t care about lowering proc rates, just make it count the the succesfull skill uses instead of attacks. Lowering proc rates but keeping how it works currently just makes it more consistent.

And yes, dodge is brocken but could theoretically be fixed without capping it.
                            As it currently stands Rouges can get 3 items which are either BIS or second BIS for their Divine Soul. The frag being their BIS and their lv. 155 boots and necklace being the second BIS (solely based on base stats). For their ring they´ve got to use a 159 dropped one if they wan´t even more dodge.
                            While the ring, boots and necklace can be matched by farming for lv. 150 gear with hit chance on the ring and the gaunlets and using a lv. 80 pvp necklace there is absolutely no way to match their frag weapon. I´ve got to admit that I don´t know how much 11% turns into in the respective divine souls but my guess would be 3%, 6%, 8% and 10%. Assuming I´m of by 1% on each one that would still be 23% at the very least (any rogue here that can confirm how much % that is for each one (frag alone).
                            The same goes for our normal gear expect that I´m even less willing to waste my BIS items by putting in some random drops with %-hit while rogues literally get 3 BIS items for doge as they are.
                            Throw on top that agility scales better on them compare to every other class while every other class gets exactly the same stats.

So how do we fix this mess ? Give every class %-hit on their gloves and amulets (set pieces), either remove hit and dodge % completely from rings or make it normal to have both stats at the exact same value on set pieces for EVERY class. Make the agility scaling on all classes the exact same. Either remove their unique %-dodge chance from their frag weapons or make all classes have 11% on their own frags. This would pretty much remove all gear related unique aspects of rouges (or nullify them) but I´ll be honest, dodge is just broken when just about every class is nearly equally as tanky as others.

Comment

If you fight someone with high dodge, make sure you have enough hit rate first xD

Comment

Working...
                              X