Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Forum PMs and Mail

Due to an error in the current version of vBulletin, most are experiencing errors with the private messaging system. Please do not send moderators private messages for assistance at this time. If you have an issue that requires privacy, let us know in your new post or thread and we will work with you to find another option. Thanks - The Moderation Team.
2 of 2 < >

R2 LOGIN ISSUES

For recent R2 login issues, please log in through the website starting with "https": https://www.r2games.com. In addition, the bookmark of the saved URL may still contain the word "http", please change it to "https". If this does not work for you, please clear the cache and cookies to complete the most recent update, or try again with another browser. Thank you.
See more
See less

Creating a screenshot for DP bug reports.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kitwritten
    started a topic Creating a screenshot for DP bug reports.

Creating a screenshot for DP bug reports.

SO you have a issue, glitch, bug or are just unsure about something in the game ? well reports need your IGN ( In Game Name / character name ) and server name, this is so that we can help the player directly and when passing issues to the DP team, they have a better idea on what action they may need to do, including accessing a players account to check some issues.

Screenshots are needed to help the forum mods and the DP team get a better idea of the issue as screenshots can tell us more about the issue in a short time than a lot of writting by the players, so a belief explanation by the player and screenshots are extremely helpful

Some players are not sure how to create screen shots so this is a guide on how to create a good one for the staff, and we can resize some screenshots if needed so we can get details from them.....

1) The player needs to get a screenshot of the issue they are seeing.... so a quick way to do this, is to use the PRTSCN button on the keyboard when you see the issue

Click image for larger version

Name:	ky1.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	10.7 KB
ID:	1740197Click image for larger version

Name:	KY2.jpg
Size:	6.6 KB
ID:	1740198

This will take a screen capture of the total screen and save it until you were ready to edit it into something more usable, it will not be visible as a screenshot so it will not interfere with your game play, tho each screenshot would have to be saved so you can take another one, unless you have the ability to take multiple screenshots and have them auto saved so you can edit them later...... So for this quide, I will use MS paint....

Now I have taken the screen shot, I am going to go to MS paint.... so click on the start button > programs? and look up the top for accessories... ( my screenshoot is from windows 7 but I use a vista menu addon and the set up is similar to most computer systems )

Name:	paint.png
Size:	32.9 KB
ID:	1740199

Once you have opened MS paint, then you want to paste the image into MS paint ( I am using windows 7 so I click on paste so for XP click on edit > paste )

Name:	select.jpg
Size:	16.8 KB
ID:	1740200

Now for the editing and coping, ( I am linking players to another site as it covers windows 7 and XP ) remember to save the image as PNG or JPEG/JPG format ( save my pics to my desktop so its faster to find them and upload them....

UPLOADING TO THE FORUM

Which you have written your post... look at the top of the post window for the image icon and click on it, then from computer

Name:	pic button.jpg
Size:	4.6 KB
ID:	1740204

Name:	insert image.jpg
Size:	18.1 KB
ID:	1740205

Click on select image then go to the location where you saved your image and click on it and click open, ( for more than one pic, hold down the CRTL key and select all the images you want, ) then click upload and they will automatically upload to the post and appear as a Attach=config tag.....

Name:	selected.jpg
Size:	26.3 KB
ID:	1740207

Name:	attached.jpg
Size:	7.4 KB
ID:	1740206

When you are ready... save post and they will appear as a screenshot and congradulations you have successfully captured a screenshot and uploaded them ....
    Last edited by Kitwritten; 09-24-2013, 01:57 AM.

• Snowstorm
    replied
    Originally posted by Umiqunia View Post
    OMG help I have 2 issues I need fixed. Issue one is we just had guild battle and it was all messed up.[ATTACH=CONFIG]132358[/ATTACH] And issues 2 is my skill set box is behind my stat and inventory icons [ATTACH=CONFIG]132361[/ATTACH]
    the guild battle problem could be from a slow connection or you may need to clear cache n cookies

and the skill button issue is something r2 are aware of already

Leave a comment:

• Umiqunia
    replied
    OMG help I have 2 issues I need fixed. Issue one is we just had guild battle and it was all messed up.Click image for larger version

Name:	Guild Battle.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	511.9 KB
ID:	1710586 And issues 2 is my skill set box is behind my stat and inventory icons Click image for larger version

Name:	Skill Sets.jpg
Size:	446.7 KB
ID:	1710587

Leave a comment:

• Snowstorm
    replied
    Originally posted by bestguru69 View Post
    and for us isnt a "work"??? wen for a bug u ask for prints? as long as im obligated to give u a print to proof u that i have a bug and as long as u can see the print that u asked i dont care wat u must do to do after i give u the print and after i informe u after tha specified bug
    )))

joked
    look here why i cant (and maybe many more cant) give u a paint edit how u asking for

you wont find MSpaint in your display options
    just for the dummies its a program and is usually in the accessories folder of your program list

Leave a comment:

• Kitwritten
    replied
    you will not find it where you are looking because it does not exist there so all you are showing me is that you do not know where to find MS paint.

I see one more post about the CSC in this thread, you are facing a long term forum ban as its being dealt with in other threads

Leave a comment:

• bestguru69
    replied
    Originally posted by Kitwritten View Post
    for a start, the* new * option has nothing to do with using MS paint or any other image creation so I am not sure why you are even looking there for paint edit options.

secondly, you have just shown that you are capable of posting a screenshot in the forums as required with bug reports so there should not be a issue with you posting screenshots in the forums as required with bug reports.

third, the devs are the ones that want screenshots, if players do not provide them, we can not get the issues looked at, its that simple.

fourth, it was stated clearly that the devs are on holiday until the 25th, it will take some time to get all the information about the issues, the players names and servers and other information collected, then have that all checked by the R2s and the devs, so nobody said that there would be a answer on the 25th.
    1 i showed u that i dont have the paint option
    2 ty
    3 that is right
    Last edited by Kitwritten; 02-27-2015, 11:16 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Kitwritten
    replied
    for a start, the* new * option has nothing to do with using MS paint or any other image creation so I am not sure why you are even looking there for paint edit options.

secondly, you have just shown that you are capable of posting a screenshot in the forums as required with bug reports so there should not be a issue with you posting screenshots in the forums as required with bug reports.

third, the devs are the ones that want screenshots, if players do not provide them, we can not get the issues looked at, its that simple.

fourth, it was stated clearly that the devs are on holiday until the 25th, it will take some time to get all the information about the issues, the players names and servers and other information collected, then have that all checked by the R2s and the devs, so nobody said that there would be a answer on the 25th.

Leave a comment:

• bestguru69
    replied
    Originally posted by Kitwritten View Post
    bear in mind that it creates extra work for us if we have to provide screenshots for the devs as a lot of the time the image does not show up in the forums because its the wrong format ( bitmap ) so we have to go and open up the link, save the image to our computers as a jpeg than reload it for the devs.

so while hosting the images in a external site is fine, save them as JPEG format and not BMP.....
    and for us isnt a "work"??? wen for a bug u ask for prints? as long as im obligated to give u a print to proof u that i have a bug and as long as u can see the print that u asked i dont care wat u must do to do after i give u the print and after i informe u after tha specified bug
    )))

joked
    look here why i cant (and maybe many more cant) give u a paint edit how u asking for

Last edited by Kitwritten; 02-27-2015, 11:20 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Kitwritten
    replied
    bear in mind that it creates extra work for us if we have to provide screenshots for the devs as a lot of the time the image does not show up in the forums because its the wrong format ( bitmap ) so we have to go and open up the link, save the image to our computers as a jpeg than reload it for the devs.

so while hosting the images in a external site is fine, save them as JPEG format and not BMP.....
    Last edited by Kitwritten; 02-25-2015, 04:02 AM.

Leave a comment:

• bestguru69
    replied
    dear players a easy way is :
    1 press prtsc/sysrq button
    2 go on desktop press right click on mouse
    3 choice new bitmap image(than name it)
    4 right click on it and choice edit
    5 a new window is open and pres ctrl button and "v" button than save it
    6 go to postimage.org and uploaded
    7 after upload is finish select a forum link and copy it on forum

is much more easy to do it than talk about it))))))
    have fun guys

Leave a comment:

• Alkaris
    replied
    Originally posted by TRBLmaker View Post
    I'm losing 10 gold everytime i claim a quest reward ..
    Server mayan precipice
    nickname TRBLmaker
    Which quest reward? Screnshots, since you're posting in this thread?

Leave a comment:

• TRBLmaker
    replied
    I'm losing 10 gold everytime i claim a quest reward ..
    Server mayan precipice
    nickname TRBLmaker

Leave a comment:

• Alkaris
    replied
    And if we have no oppenent , then wath ? no more bravery points?
    Yes, until you move to level where you have an opponent. Its in-game moment and its not an error.

Leave a comment:

• Sharp18x
    replied

Name:	Untitled.jpg
Size:	542.9 KB
ID:	1708531
    Huston we have a problem. And I think the PrintScr say`s that. and the problem is persisting.
    Server 165
    And if we have no oppenent , then wath ? no more bravery points?
    Last edited by Sharp18x; 02-17-2015, 01:58 PM.

Leave a comment:

• AmaranthSK
    replied
    I remove the Flash player and installe it again is it enough or want me to check some setting there?
    Browser`s until now that i checked Opera Chrome Firefox IE later after returning to home i can check others that u mentionet in this forum section bc now i need to go out

I just check few browser`s more ( Comodo Dragon, IceDragon, Maxathon) and there is still all time the same effect with the loading picture i posted. What is strange i try to log on other world and created new character there ([s153]City of Sword). There was no problem to connect and to play, so now im kind of confuse what can it be.
    I just found out i missed the solution with cyberghost6 program. Game working but it is not a permanently solution for me at all. It working a lot slower and it need to launch first this program then game and i prefer not to do that. If there will be any other option to check u can write it i will be grateful.

Sorry if my english is messy too. I did not use it for some time ^^

Problem fixed ty for help not sure what u did but i can log in without the cyberghost program
    Last edited by AmaranthSK; 02-04-2015, 01:14 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X