Announcement

Collapse

Official Community Discord Server

Join us on the new R2Games Community Discord Server! https://discord.gg/VFMzFDqKq5
See more
See less

keep getting DC only after the cage match.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• keep getting DC only after the cage match.

during the change match (maybe near to end, i always watch youtube during cage match) I have seeing that it keep trying to get data from the server( I see the dragon pals loading icon) and it just stay there and do nothing. and when i try to reload the page it won't load the game at all for about 5 to 10 min. and sometime if it dose load it think i'm new player and it put me is very first quest when you join the server (don't get any reward) so is this some bug or is this normal after the cage match if you stay afk?

this is the "data overflow" issue that lots and lots of us get and so far no good answer has been given on how to stop it, sorry.
    S56 - Remcon

Comment

it sounds like there is a issue with you watching youtube and doing DCM at the same time..... some players computers are set to priorities some type of sites over others and that can cause issues with DP..... and youtube is a streaming format while DP is a packet send format so youtube would be given priority

the Data overflow issue is a long running headache for me and has been countless hours of testing and retesting the issue, there is no single answer for what is causing it as its a multiple aspect issue and some fixes have worked for some players and not others, some of the causes are outside of R2s and the players ability to resolve ( isps using bandwidth thottling which has been resolved by players changing ISPs )...and it is set to remain one of the DP issues that may never be fixed 100%
      Dragon Pals and Shadowbound Mod and Basic tech support

R2 Serrin, My partner and fiancee, RIP 1971-2015
      Cha bhi fios aire math an tobair gus an trÃ*igh e.

Comment

is there any way of dealing with the issue of it starting you back on the beginning part like your character doesn't exist, or dealing with the 10min wait to get back in those are the worst parts about the issue. It's not like you get the data overflow it keeps you from getting into other games or other sites it seems to only affect you getting back into dragon pals for whatever reason and it is always 10mins before you can get back in. lets say you get the issue and refresh and then you let it just keep working on getting the data till it finally loads (great for knowing when the 10mins is up really), it will show you the start of the game (where you get your first pal...). If you waited over 10mins and then refreshed it will load it all just fine. There does seem to be something somewhere directly involved with DP that causes these issues.
        S56 - Remcon

Comment

it depends on the cause of the issue, the * create a new character * screen is normally caused by a issue at the players end ( incorrect login or logging in with the wrong account ) tho it was common at one stage with FB and that was a FB issue, not something R2 or DP could fix.....

The times that it has been a DP issue is when the open ID had issues and that would affect a lot of players, tho there are times that its a external issue ( google or FB )

the 10 minutes down time for a character because of the data overflow is not something that can be fixed as its not a bug, its a server protection protocol kicking in and that is definitely not getting changed or removed as it prevents one of the most common forms of game cheats and hacks.

Comment

well thanks for the info guys but i guess it as a bug because it only happen with the cage match i thought it would count as bug in a way but since its for server protection i guess i can live with that.

Comment

it depends on the cause of the issue, the * create a new character * screen is normally caused by a issue at the players end ( incorrect login or logging in with the wrong account ) tho it was common at one stage with FB and that was a FB issue, not something R2 or DP could fix.....

The times that it has been a DP issue is when the open ID had issues and that would affect a lot of players, tho there are times that its a external issue ( google or FB )

the 10 minutes down time for a character because of the data overflow is not something that can be fixed as its not a bug, its a server protection protocol kicking in and that is definitely not getting changed or removed as it prevents one of the most common forms of game cheats and hacks.
              well since the only time i have that issue is when there is a data overflow and it only happens around cage id say those two issues go hand in hand. It was cool to log onto another server though and all go well. Just the server you get the data overflow from stops you from logging in lol.
              S56 - Remcon

Comment

the issues are seperate, we have confirmed that..... and the data over flow blocks the character, not the account so it is possible that some players try to relogin in cos of the data overflow and cause a issue with the missing character we see a lot of...but that issue has been a long standing issue

Comment

Working...
                X