Announcement

Collapse

R2 LOGIN ISSUES

For recent R2 login issues, please log in through the website starting with "https": https://www.r2games.com. In addition, the bookmark of the saved URL may still contain the word "http", please change it to "https". If this does not work for you, please clear the cache and cookies to complete the most recent update, or try again with another browser. Thank you.
See more
See less

New levels in Hero Tower

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pyromaniac666 View Post
    well u are lucky ur maintenance starts at 4pm ours starts at 7am so retty much everyone in our timezone is either working or getting up for work etc. all except the people who play our server from other countries way out of the timezone or the ones without jobs/school or as said previously that dont sleep. but also u are completely right nothing has ever been mentioned about hero's tower gettin extra levels so some people did their atttempts right after 4am reset and then got done out of the extra 30mil xp and extra rewards for going to lvl 50.
    yes you are right.... the difference in time zones means that no matter what time the tower is opened, somebody is not going to be able to do the tower and miss out...... and posting a time that it would open, is only going to result in players spam refreshing the server and causing massive lag for everybody which would result in more complaints......

it was deemed to be easier and safer not to say anything and avoid most issues that would have affected the game, the players and allow one player ( or more ) per server, to enjoy a surprise...... amd that was the final ruling on it......

there honestly is no * fair * way to give everybody a equal chance to get the title and the gem.... and any suggestions om how to make it fair, is still only going to benefit the higher br players that can clear the tower, thats not fair on the players that fall short by a level or more
    Dragon Pals and Shadowbound Mod and Basic tech support

R2 Serrin, My partner and fiancee, RIP 1971-2015
    Cha bhi fios aire math an tobair gus an trÃ*igh e.

Comment

As a sub 500k br player who got first level 50 tower over 600k/700k players, I don't think any fairer way of adding changes like that beyond not announcing it.

I do believe there should be a smaller first clear reward, as having been 4th to clear the level 40 part of the tower it was quite annoying to finish and get absolutely nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommyfine View Post
        As a sub 500k br player who got first level 50 tower over 600k/700k players, I don't think any fairer way of adding changes like that beyond not announcing it.

I do believe there should be a smaller first clear reward, as having been 4th to clear the level 40 part of the tower it was quite annoying to finish and get absolutely nothing.
        ??? u get nothing for finishing tower ???

Well yes i also think that exp, and 1-3 lvl gems are not worth the effort. Why should we even bother.

Everyone who complete Tower should get at least 99lvl gem and laser rifle.

Comment

Originally posted by Edygiusz View Post
          ??? u get nothing for finishing tower ???

Well yes i also think that exp, and 1-3 lvl gems are not worth the effort. Why should we even bother.

Everyone who complete Tower should get at least 99lvl gem and laser rifle.
          ur sarcasm was lost with u .....sigh
          (-[>.<]-)

Comment

Originally posted by Kitwritten View Post
            there honestly is no * fair * way to give everybody a equal chance to get the title and the gem.... and any suggestions om how to make it fair, is still only going to benefit the higher br players that can clear the tower, thats not fair on the players that fall short by a level or more
            I disagree. It's definitely "fair" for everyone to get the reward once they beat level 50. It's definitely fair for everyone to get a title for clearing hero tower when they do. Sure, lower BR people won't get the reward right now, but they can get it eventually when they get strong enough to beat it.

An arbitrary system, which is what was apparently decided upon, is never fair. Giving equal reward for equal work/spending is fair. Another fair thing would have been to add enough levels so that the strongest players had something they could beat no matter when they realized there were new levels. Why even add levels at all this way?

What I, and a good number of players in my guild and on my server want is to feel like the devs see their players as more than just $$$. Setting up arbitrary rewards like this makes everyone question how much the devs care about us players as people who choose to spend part of their paychecks on this game. You're a nice guy, Kitwritten, and I do think you care, and I know it's your job to defend the devs, so don't think I'm attacking you or anyone. If the system is going to remain arbitrary, I think they should get rid of it. No more Tower titles and no more clearing rewards. Let beating it be its own reward, as it is for Nightmare Abyss, Dragon Horde, and pretty much the rest of the game. It's really sad that the devs choose to address this inequity in this way.

-Letonius

Comment

Originally posted by R226646154 View Post
              I disagree. It's definitely "fair" for everyone to get the reward once they beat level 50. It's definitely fair for everyone to get a title for clearing hero tower when they do. Sure, lower BR people won't get the reward right now, but they can get it eventually when they get strong enough to beat it.

An arbitrary system, which is what was apparently decided upon, is never fair. Giving equal reward for equal work/spending is fair. Another fair thing would have been to add enough levels so that the strongest players had something they could beat no matter when they realized there were new levels. Why even add levels at all this way?

What I, and a good number of players in my guild and on my server want is to feel like the devs see their players as more than just $$$. Setting up arbitrary rewards like this makes everyone question how much the devs care about us players as people who choose to spend part of their paychecks on this game. You're a nice guy, Kitwritten, and I do think you care, and I know it's your job to defend the devs, so don't think I'm attacking you or anyone. If the system is going to remain arbitrary, I think they should get rid of it. No more Tower titles and no more clearing rewards. Let beating it be its own reward, as it is for Nightmare Abyss, Dragon Horde, and pretty much the rest of the game. It's really sad that the devs choose to address this inequity in this way.

-Letonius
              just get over it, first come first get, you werent the first so swallow it up already, such cry baby.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaitou-sama View Post
                just get over it, first come first get, you werent the first so swallow it up already, such cry baby.
                Wow, you made me realize you're SOOOOOO right. We should all quit our jobs! We should all never sleep again! That way we can be first in a contest that's supposed to be about might!!!!!

Your excellently punctuated statement was exceptionally cathartic. Thank you!

Sincerely yours,
                Letonius

Comment

Working...
                X