Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Forum PMs and Mail

Due to an error in the current version of vBulletin, most are experiencing errors with the private messaging system. Please do not send moderators private messages for assistance at this time. If you have an issue that requires privacy, let us know in your new post or thread and we will work with you to find another option. Thanks - The Moderation Team.
2 of 2 < >

R2 LOGIN ISSUES

For recent R2 login issues, please log in through the website starting with "https": https://www.r2games.com. In addition, the bookmark of the saved URL may still contain the word "http", please change it to "https". If this does not work for you, please clear the cache and cookies to complete the most recent update, or try again with another browser. Thank you.
See more
See less

cross server challenge lineup

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cross server challenge lineup

How is the tournament set up? i have the 11th BR total won 2 of 3 battles in group yet next round i fight the #3 BR team while 35 lesser BR teams fight other low BR teams. some lost ALL their group battles yet they will be advancing to next round (some even have byes for this round). CAN SOMEONE GIVE ME A REASONABLE EXPLANATION! It feels like i've waited all these months for CSC just to get screwed. thank you for your time

sine your post is pretty vague.... you need to click on live challenge and take a screenshot ( perferably one that is easy to see and not too small to see ) because its reading like you are talking about the group stage ( 64 team battle ) and there was only 37 teams in it....
    Dragon Pals and Shadowbound Mod and Basic tech support

R2 Serrin, My partner and fiancee, RIP 1971-2015
    Cha bhi fios aire math an tobair gus an trÃ*igh e.

Comment

ya it seems they are having the older servers fight each other in first round and letting ALL the NEW server teams fighting each other to get to the next 2 rounds. Guess they are hoping to get more interest in CSC by screwing the ppl who are already hooked 8P

Comment

the first round is the qualifier, its a free for all

Comment

no this is the round of 32. we won 2 of 3 battles in qualifier. my 448K is to fight a 534K team. yet there are 17 teams of lesser BR that are also in bracket. there is a 346K team a 337K team and a 117K single player that has a bye in this round. some match ups are 310K vs 357K and 296K vs 338K. How did i rate to fight a top team while these teams get to skate thru. i should get a fair shot at the rewards not a no shot at rewards. (plus a lot of the teams advancing lost ALL their qualifing battles)
          Last edited by R223429666; 04-08-2014, 08:28 PM. Reason: added a sentence

Comment

it sounds like there is not enuf teams to make a complete 64 team group stage to complete for the top 32 position....when that happens, the teams that get a bye, are automatically ranked in the top 32, the rest that do battle, are fighting for a position in the top 32....

the teams are randomly mixed up for the teams of 8 in the group stage ( 64 teams )

if you were facing weaker teams, they would be asking the same question, why are they being matched against you when there is other teams that are closer to their BR......

this is the thing about arena style events, they are rarely fair and balanced.....

Comment

it is a bracket. teams that win 3 in qualifier should be set first then 2 wins. not top teams vs top teams and teams that really didn't qualify get byes to round of 16. it just doesn't seem like a challenge it seems like it's set for some servers to fail and others (since 2 of the 3 byes i mentioned) are from the 2 latest servers that are eligible. i have just as much need for doing good and advancing in CSC as they do, yet i don't have the chance. i have been in CSC on other servers and it has NEVER been this much of a cluster F***. it has been 1 vs 32, 2 vs 31, etc. (i should know i was usually one of the lower teams) but it was what it was FAIR and everyone understood that. this no one understands

Comment

the reason why people do not understand it is that they look at it as a pyramid challenge like the GB....and its not structured that way.... the qualifier is a free for all, the group challenge is a ranking, then it changes to a pyramid challenge.....

if the teams that got a bye, were eliminated because they had no fights, then the csc would become very unbalanced and the top team would automatically win the csc because there would be a good chance that they would be the last ones standing in the final 16......

the issue is that there is not enuf teams in the csc to create a full 64 team elimination csc.... so it had to be changed by the devs so the players could get the CSC..... hence the issues that are arising.....

Comment

There's the problem. it was CHANGED. And the issue's arising are probably from the players who have done CSC and know how unfair this one is.

END OF DISCUSSION

Comment

the CSC does not run effectively without a full 64 team / 3 tier system....... it was changed to run with less teams when the first CSC was opened because regional servers such as oceanic and europe would not have had the CSC otherwise.....

the issues are arising because its not running with the full 64 teams in all 3 tiers. the issues are arising because the players are using a partly filled CSC..... but the alternative is that the players do not have the CSC until there is a full 192 teams across 3 tiers.....and the players would regard that as unfair ( actually they already do )....

Comment

when CSC open???

Comment

How many servers are there usally in one csc cluster?? we got 8 servers in ours

Comment

i think the way they match teams up really sux there is no way a team with 600br more than my team will not not loose my god people team with 1162br vs 650br come on what are you thinking thats more than double ours no way in hell we have a chance might as well not even sign up thx for the slaughter

Comment

the only thing which irks me after a few CSC is how the teams get cluttered in one half of the finals placing while the other half is near empty instead of it being spread out evenly so that most teams get to advance to the next stage if there are not enough teams.

For anyone who thinks it is unfair that you are facing a hell team, it is because it is (partially or fully cant really tell, probably partial with top few seeded and everyone else randomly placed like GB) seeded. it means the top 2 teams will not be killing each other in the round of 32. if the top teams are seeded, naturally some noob team must face the top team early in the round of 32 or 16 first.
                            Kongregate Server 1

レミリア.スカーレット
                            Remilia Scarlet

Comment

The seeding is based on the team battle rating.

If you divide it up into 4 different brackets, you'll notice that the top 4 teams in terms of br will each be in the top of a different bracket.

After that I'm not sure how they assign opponents but this sort of ensures that the top tier teams won't be facing each other till they reach the final 4.

This is so that the top 4 teams don't get knocked out prematurely before the final stage and some team with less br gets a higher placing just because they have a luckier seeding.

Comment

Working...
                              X