Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Forum PMs and Mail

Due to an error in the current version of vBulletin, most are experiencing errors with the private messaging system. Please do not send moderators private messages for assistance at this time. If you have an issue that requires privacy, let us know in your new post or thread and we will work with you to find another option. Thanks - The Moderation Team.
2 of 2 < >

R2 LOGIN ISSUES

For recent R2 login issues, please log in through the website starting with "https": https://www.r2games.com. In addition, the bookmark of the saved URL may still contain the word "http", please change it to "https". If this does not work for you, please clear the cache and cookies to complete the most recent update, or try again with another browser. Thank you.
See more
See less

Mage Skills

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mage Skills

How come 4 out of the 6 support skills for Mage are completely garbage?
    720 psn dmg
    1300 magic dmg (reduced by mdef)
    35 rage every 3 rounds (lol)
    a Heal for 50% of your MAtk (its supposed to be double for every combatant, but it dosent)

the only choices are the
    100% MAtk heal (every 4 turns)
    100% +1k MAtk dmg

Meanwhile the archer class (even though everyone uses flames of rage) has other skills that have decent potential, combo attack, lower def, etc
    not too sure what all the warrior class has

true that most of the mage skills are not that great but their thunder skill allows them to do more overall aoe dmg compared to the other 2 classes

i'm an archer with 260k BR but i'm unable to clear floor 22 of holy land in 1 round but a mage with 220k BR is able to

with thunder, they don't really need any other skills

Comment

Originally posted by R2463620 View Post
      How come 4 out of the 6 support skills for Mage are completely garbage?
      720 psn dmg
      1300 magic dmg (reduced by mdef)
      35 rage every 3 rounds (lol)
      a Heal for 50% of your MAtk (its supposed to be double for every combatant, but it dosent)

the only choices are the
      100% MAtk heal (every 4 turns)
      100% +1k MAtk dmg

Meanwhile the archer class (even though everyone uses flames of rage) has other skills that have decent potential, combo attack, lower def, etc
      not too sure what all the warrior class has
      Well.. True.. I just wondered how to beat flame of race that can drain my 65k of my hp..
      Im a mage with 112000 hp.. That flame of race drained my half hp.. Well.. If a mage still hav
      e specialty.. Pls write a guide to raise a good mage that can handle that flame of race

Comment

dude its flame of rage aka FoR

also just put your dragon to the front let it tank and use aoe.

Comment

Actually, flames of rage is a very subjective skill. It has a single high damage output but if used more than once becomes a waste of a turn as well.

Useful at the earlier levels but I'd say the usefulness starts to drop off later on.

I think the biggest weakness flames has is that it can be blocked. I'd say the best way to beat flames is to increase your defense/hp and increase your chance to block Ie. mountain orbs and the immobile holy seal skill when you reach level 65.

If you can tank or block the first round of flames, it actually becomes a waste of a turn.

As thunder cannot be blocked, you'll find that it becomes a lot more useful in the future once everyone starts increasing their block rate and flames likewise becomes less reliable.

Comment

if you want to mess up a archer, use the holy seal skill, nerve gas..... the rage stealing ability can mess badly with FoR for an archer as FoR relies on a lot of rage to be effective and the more rage you steal, the less effective FoR becomes because its normally the first usage of it in a battle that is the most damaging
            Dragon Pals and Shadowbound Mod and Basic tech support

R2 Serrin, My partner and fiancee, RIP 1971-2015
            Cha bhi fios aire math an tobair gus an trÃ*igh e.

Comment

A bit of a waste to get that skill just to counter FOR but well, whatever rocks your boat.

Comment

in my opinion the best counter to archers is to have insane crit defence. In our CSC at kong, 2 top archers against each other with similar BR, the flames which crit did over 600k damage while the non crit one only did around 120k damage (which is less than 25% of the total hp mind you).

Edit: on topic, IMO mages and warriors final 2 skills come no where close to the usefulness of archers skills, giving archers the diversity of support (Disarm and Shield break) and damage (Flames of Rage and Combo Attack) builds, while warriors only have tank (Thor shield and strikeback/counter) and mages are general (Eternal Spring and Thunder)

Correct me if i am wrong about warrior's Defer and Taunt being used in a way better than Thor's shield and counter
                Last edited by temponly; 05-02-2014, 05:40 AM.
                Kongregate Server 1

レミリア.スカーレット
                Remilia Scarlet

Comment

countering it is fine.. but that requires you to allow the archer to use the ability first...... what nerve gas does is lessen the rage ANY player has, so its effective against most players skill sets and using never gas can reduce their damage and def abilities... the secret is not to use a skill set that requires you to have a lot of rage as well

its why as a archer I use falling stars ( aoe, costs 12 rage ) combo hit and shield break ( neither of them require rage ) so nerve gas is not really that effective against me..... but it would be more effective against me if I was using a high rage costing ability like FoR

mages that use holy flame ( AOE, costs 12 rage ) eternal flame ( healing, costs 24 rage ) and thunder, need to have a very high HP / P Def if they are going to be able to stand against a ranger using nerve gas because the key is to out hit and outlast the archer .....but the key to winning any battle, is to learn about your opponents weakenesses and strengths and how they fight solo and in a team
                  Dragon Pals and Shadowbound Mod and Basic tech support

R2 Serrin, My partner and fiancee, RIP 1971-2015
                  Cha bhi fios aire math an tobair gus an trÃ*igh e.

Comment

Working...
                  X