Announcement

Collapse

R2 LOGIN ISSUES

For recent R2 login issues, please log in through the website starting with "https": https://www.r2games.com. In addition, the bookmark of the saved URL may still contain the word "http", please change it to "https". If this does not work for you, please clear the cache and cookies to complete the most recent update, or try again with another browser. Thank you.
See more
See less

The effect of strength, intelligence and endurace

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The effect of strength, intelligence and endurace

I've been wondering about how the stats work in the game. In particular I'm interested in the top three base stats, the strength, intelligence and endurance. What I'm interested to know is if anyone considers these numbers doing anything on their own?

For example if you could take 9999 strength, intelligence and endurance right now without it affecting your other stats, would it help do you think?

if you click on your character stats where those stats are, and you highlight over them you will see what they do. It affects your other stats. I.E. for each 1 point for Str increases your Patk 3 and your pdef 2.

Comment

When you increase your marriage level the extra str, int and end DOESN'T increase your other stats. However the devs have said this is how it was intended. So I'm interested in knowing what use the str, int and end has if it's not improving the stats underneath.

Comment

they also stated farm level factors into combat... I wouldn't dare speculate as bizarre as some things obviously are in this game. Obviously the mods know more than we do about mechanics but have decided not to share.

Comment

The farm level factors into combat? Wow if that's true perhaps I should take the time to level it up again!

Comment

Well there's no indication that farm levels factor into combat. I'm quite interested to see where that info is from.

As for the three base stats, the only indication of how they work is their effect on your other stats so I'd say that on they are pretty useless on their own without affecting other stats.

Comment

Originally posted by SatansSack View Post
              When you increase your marriage level the extra str, int and end DOESN'T increase your other stats. However the devs have said this is how it was intended. So I'm interested in knowing what use the str, int and end has if it's not improving the stats underneath.
              you all have not worked it out yet ?

in combat there is the group skills, such as in the MPDs..... the marriage skills kick in when the marriage partners are together in combat, ... the group and marriage skills are invisible outside of that.... its a skill of the game system that makes a active marriage partner better than a inactive marriage partner

and reading the posts about the farm level...lol.... see the numbers beside the names in the farm... go click on the friends list, hold the cursor over the heart, it will show a number like 1/5.... now go into the farm and do the friends goddess blessing etc... then check the number again and it will be something like 3/5... the number like 8 or 9 is actually a boost between those two players in MPDs etc......

its not inside knowledge or staff knowledge, its actually a aspect of a lot of games.....
              Dragon Pals and Shadowbound Mod and Basic tech support

R2 Serrin, My partner and fiancee, RIP 1971-2015
              Cha bhi fios aire math an tobair gus an trÃ*igh e.

Comment

Originally posted by Kitwritten View Post

in combat there is the group skills, such as in the MPDs..... the marriage skills kick in when the marriage partners are together in combat, ... the group and marriage skills are invisible outside of that.... its a skill of the game system that makes a active marriage partner better than a inactive marriage partner

and reading the posts about the farm level...lol.... see the numbers beside the names in the farm... go click on the friends list, hold the cursor over the heart, it will show a number like 1/5.... now go into the farm and do the friends goddess blessing etc... then check the number again and it will be something like 3/5... the number like 8 or 9 is actually a boost between those two players in MPDs etc......

its not inside knowledge or staff knowledge, its actually a aspect of a lot of games.....
                For playing almost a year..Felt like im dumb...why wasn't it said from the very beginning of marriage that partners doing group battles have special effects/stats/skills due to marriage??(not referring to bonus exp from hearts)..Seriously what more secrets are there to be found??

Comment

Enlighten us oh divine Kitwritten, with your secrets of the game and the mysteries of dragon pals.

Archers, do they possess the fabled evade ability? Is there a percentage ratio differential with Cdef that is matched by a percentage ratio differential for the Catk with equal class aspects for primary skills or default stats ? A archer celerity if the case be known ?

Warriors, Fortitude my good friend ? bashing damage from backstab, Lethal damage calculated as Catk ?

Mages, Speak to us of thaumaturgy, from whom is drawn the essence of life ? surely not the mages prime HP ?

Combat: 3 tier ? Maybe 2nd or 3rd generation combat ?

There is more than one level of MPD combat. Is it default combat and FFA / LMS ? What are you not telling us ?

Kiss Kiss

Comment

oh reality, my dear toreador.....

Archers, gangrel, celerity, ausprex,
                    Warriors, Lasombra, fortutude, stab, not bash, and lethal is close
                    Mages, assamite with valeren, 3 roll 12, 12, 18

combat, 3rd generation, FFA /LMS... primary and secondary, sub class is hidden

so.... tell me.... tremere, brujah or ravnos.... ladies are not malkavian... unless the bloodlines.....

til next time.....

Comment

Originally posted by Kitwritten View Post

Wait by marriage skills are you referring to the ones you get when your marriage level increases (Everlasting love, ocean deep love, devoted, etc)? If so that almost makes the skills pointless in PvP combat outside of TH but I could have sworn I have seen ocean deep love (randomly absorb HP when attacking) activate without my partner in combat, could be mistaken though.

Comment

I think he was suggesting there isn't a bug in the way the marriage stats work. So although when you paid to increase your marriage level it told you there would be an addition to str, int and end (and therefore corresponding increase in the useful stats) the reality is the game didn't tell you that you can only have those boosts when you fight with your marriage partner.

Something like that.

Personally, I think there is a bug but the devs don't want to retrospectively fix it now and more importantly they don't want to admit it's been bugged since marriage first came out.

Comment

Increasing marriage level does have an effect on the br that seems to indicate that the marriage skills are directly incorporated into br, similar to the boosts from medals or holy seal skills

Also like bittyboy said, I've seen the hp absorb proc on without both partners in the party. It's not from orbs or seal skills as the number is not a nice round number and the person doesn't have any of those either.

Comment

I've also seen the special skills work outside of combat with my game wife.

Comment

Originally posted by Bittyboy View Post
                              Wait by marriage skills are you referring to the ones you get when your marriage level increases (Everlasting love, ocean deep love, devoted, etc)? If so that almost makes the skills pointless in PvP combat outside of TH but I could have sworn I have seen ocean deep love (randomly absorb HP when attacking) activate without my partner in combat, could be mistaken though.
                              nope.... they are open combat skills, meaning that they can appear any where in the game....

Comment

Working...
                              X