Announcement

Collapse

R2 LOGIN ISSUES

For recent R2 login issues, please log in through the website starting with "https": https://www.r2games.com. In addition, the bookmark of the saved URL may still contain the word "http", please change it to "https". If this does not work for you, please clear the cache and cookies to complete the most recent update, or try again with another browser. Thank you.
See more
See less

The effect of strength, intelligence and endurace

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SatansSack View Post
    I think he was suggesting there isn't a bug in the way the marriage stats work. So although when you paid to increase your marriage level it told you there would be an addition to str, int and end (and therefore corresponding increase in the useful stats) the reality is the game didn't tell you that you can only have those boosts when you fight with your marriage partner.

Something like that.

Personally, I think there is a bug but the devs don't want to retrospectively fix it now and more importantly they don't want to admit it's been bugged since marriage first came out.
    There is more than one part of the game where Str, Int and End do not boost the secondary stats, past a certain point... they are not bugged either......
    Dragon Pals and Shadowbound Mod and Basic tech support

R2 Serrin, My partner and fiancee, RIP 1971-2015
    Cha bhi fios aire math an tobair gus an trÃ*igh e.

Comment

Originally posted by Kitwritten View Post
      the marriage skills kick in when the marriage partners are together in combat, ... the group and marriage skills are invisible outside of that....
      nope.... they are open combat skills, meaning that they can appear any where in the game....
      I'm confused. So are these skills activated only when you are with your partner in combat or is it active in all combat?

There is more than one part of the game where Str, Int and End do not boost the secondary stats, past a certain point... they are not bugged either......
      Could you be a bit more specific? In terms of which part of the game and what is the 'certain point'?

Comment

if you have to ask me that, its because you have not been paying attention to the game very much...... I suggest you go and look at the marriage system, what it does and does not say, then spend a few weeks studying different characters in fights, such as the MPD and the CSC and even a couple of 100 different arena battles, and study their profiles......

because thats exactly what I did.... and I have been playing for close to a year on a character that is still only level 67

Comment

Ok I'm just going to reason out my thought process here and see if you can find anything wrong with it.

Marriage skills
          No indication in description of skills only being activated in battles with partner.
          Br increase upon leveling up marriage seems to indicate that br from skills are added directly to br. Similar to medal and holy seal skills.
          Have noticed hp absorb proc on chars that have no hp absorb orb or holy seal skill without partner in combat. Indicates that marriage level works without partner in combat.

Conclusion: marriage skills are always active and do not require a partner to be in combat with you.
          Source of confusion: this statement "the marriage skills kick in when the marriage partners are together in combat, ... the group and marriage skills are invisible outside of that...."

Str, int and end discrepancy
          Increasing str, int and end through most means (refining, guild techs, potions) result in direct observable increase in other stats (patk, pdef etc.).
          Str, int and end from marriage reflected in str, int and end stats but no increase in other stats.

Conclusion: looks like a bug
          Source of confusion: stated that it's not a bug

It would help if, with your vast game experience, you could clear up the sources of confusion.

Also would help if you explain this statement

'There is more than one part of the game where Str, Int and End do not boost the secondary stats, past a certain point... they are not bugged either......'

Comment

ok your problem is that you are only looking at the marriage stats and BR... and the skills that you have seen players use in battle..... and trying to apply a rule to them that matches your thinking.... and finding it does not work.....

1) the devs have said the marriage stats are working as intended... the players are saying NO, its bugged because we are not seeing the BR boost that its supposed to give..... who said it was supposed to boost the BR ? the players did, because the players look at pots and scrolls and techs that are intended to do that purpose and applying that to the marriage upgrades...... the devs never said HOW it was supposed to work, just that its working as intended.....

2) Str, Int and End are primary stats in most cases, atk, def and HP are secondary stats..... the difference is that primary stats boost stats, secondary perform a specific purpose...... primary abilities are based around the primary stats, secondary abilities are based around the secondary stats..... thats what the players see most of the time they are fighting........ but I look deeper such as the dragon pet skills, the rebirth skill gives a percentage of HP when a player dies.... remember that... HP....

in the old AD&D games END was not only HP but also the ability to withstand harm from certain types of damage, do not confuse it with DEF which is the ability to block certain types of damage..... in V:tm, the discipline of fortitude was the ability to soak up damage ( absorb it ) so you have a 3 tier system def / block then damage soaking then remaining damage reducing HP

confused ???? good......

players are looking at the game in terms of ATK, DEF, HP and CRIT..... and missing Str ( character stats without armour or weapons ) Int ( same ) and END ( HP and damage soaking ) remove all of your armour and weapons and your BR will not go to zero because of the existing character stats........

players are looking at the game in terms of STR, INT AND END should boost stats because when they use items that boost those things, the stats go up.... what about the group skill boost in the MPDs that do not affect the BR.... or what about the DCM where the solo player is fighting.......

you want a simple answer to your questions ? use the old style AD&D style games as a guide..... passive and active skills in the game are playing more of a part in the game than what the players are seeing........

Comment

Ok. That still doesn't answer the first question about whether marriage skills are active without your partner in combat

As for the other part, using str as an example, players are looking at this

Click image for larger version

Name:	STR.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	8.3 KB
ID:	1687564

and going 'why doesn't patk and pdef go up when my str goes up?'

There's no indication in the game that str has any other effect other than what is stated in the above screenshot.

Logically speaking, you can't increase str without a corresponding increase in patk and pdef. That's the core problem here.

Players aren't wondering why their br isn't increasing from the marriage str, int and end, because it is.

They aren't wondering why the str, int and end doesn't increase from marriage level, because it does.

What they are wondering is why it isn't reflected in the other stats. eg. str goes up but patk and pdef remain the same.

Your explanation doesn't really cover that.

Comment

you already have the answer... reread the thread.......

the Devs will not reveal exactly how the combat system work, and yes there are aspects of the game that are not following the * rules * the devs have indicated that its not a bug, its working as intended

ERGO there is more to the game than is written in descriptions ( a common aspect of DP )

the marriage skills
                like ever lasting love and ocean deep love do work independently..... the marriage stats do work for both players.....The str, Int and End only work with the secondary stats to a certain point and that has been stated to be working as intended....

if somebody said that to me, I would immediately go looking at the rest of the game and look for how other aspects of the game work, not what is written in descriptions...

you are looking for answers that you will not get in a official capacity....and as the game is dyamic and multi faceted, any answer will not match every part of the game

Comment

I got your point kit, but the fact that the hidden stats are so vast that the stats we see as a basis of our strengths in this games is like 1/4 only of the total aspect that we should be referring to. Was like thinking ohh this is just a basic gaming but no..

Seeing the stats itself since no secondary stats is present is like a basic 1+1=2 calculation..But seeing how things goes it does not! You still need solve some formula just obtain the damage you are dealing and amount of damage you are absorbing.
                  1000 Pattack vs 1000 Pdef = 0 ( referring to stats seen only)
                  But then its not, It seems the system undergoes a bracket of damage which is called % in which in every games can be seen. So technically no 0 damage. This is the sad part cause everyone here seems to be working blind. Secondary stats is really important in this game and should be shown and not just hidden, This may go as well for crit and crit def. Seeing the chance % you can crit is something worth working for. And for the guys wondering how does a 60k more BR than yours beat you up??. Some of the answers can be found in this hidden secondary stats..

Comment

nods...... I am a old school gamer so I am used to complex battle systems......

players may see things in terms of 10k atk plus 10K crit against 10k def and 10K crit equals 0 .... I do not..... I will see it very differently

I will see ( attacker ) 10K atk + 10k Crit + Type of Skill equals % of hits + % boost to Atk damage + crit base damage + damage modifier { roll for special ability disarm / holy seal / nerve gas** ..... and ( opponent ) 10K def + 10k crit Def - zero def from first round, + damage reduced by % _ damage modifier { roll for special ability ** = damage to player modified by damage recieved reduced by % = final result

thats a short fomula, its not adding in environment factors such as marriage and group bonuses, some orb and armour bonuses and dragon pet bonuses.....

Comment

Working...
                    X