Announcement

Collapse

R2 LOGIN ISSUES

For recent R2 login issues, please log in through the website starting with "https": https://www.r2games.com. In addition, the bookmark of the saved URL may still contain the word "http", please change it to "https". If this does not work for you, please clear the cache and cookies to complete the most recent update, or try again with another browser. Thank you.
See more
See less

Mage's healing is WHAT?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mage's healing is WHAT?

Hello
    So, this is simply going to be my opinion about mage's healing ability.
    Heal was a big deal in the early game, when numbers were low and percentage attributes weren't that high. What am I talking about? Well, a catastrophe orb that makes critical damage higher for example, 15% of 20.000 isn't the same as 15% of 83.000 is it?
    Everyone uses critical and critical damage increase, that's no secret. And now people can double their normal damage trough critical.
    Back to the point, heal is 100% of the mage's Matk, those numbers have not moved and heal has fallen behind a lot.
    Other classes have more useful skills: To heal yourself you will have to use a turn, and you won't be healing more than 100.000 whereas your enemy will be using their turn to attack you and supposing the BR is similar they will most likely end up doing more than 200.000 damage to you. Heal and the AOE heal are now useuless, making Grudge (The skill that sacrifices a turn to get a large ammount of rage) is useless as well since it's only a tool to do the AOE heal.

What do you people think? I would like someone to check on that, either make heal able to do critical heal or increase the ammount it heals for, bot AOE and the regular one.
    Meow meow moew moew meow meow meow meow meow, I'm a kitty cat.

I've never found a situation that the AoE heal was useful, for any point in character progression. I think the normal heal is only slightly better than having poison when going up against other players, but that may be just around my br level since I haven't hit the 100k cap on it yet.

Comment

Sadly but i need to agree with u guys single healing skill is useless

- in PVP cause when damage gets 50-100-.. % bonus heal remains at same power since it depends on MATK value. What is more bonuses based on % (medals, seal bonuses apply only to damage not to MATK stat itself). Additionaly u can not have crit heal :-)

- in PvE it is also useless since monsters in high lvl dungeons/Hero Tower hit for 80-100k hp, Abbys lvl 3 it is even 200k so using Heal is a waste of turn.

My char is almost lvl 80 with 400k+ BR and last time i used heal was in 45 dungeon

Tried to use Group Heal and Grudge but i found those skills the most useless in whole game.

If you are mage i would advise to use Attack skill Thunder and Poison.

There is a bright side of this situation. One cannot have second thoughts about chosing skills cause there is nothing to choose from :-D so mages have no dilemmas :-D

Comment

Hahaha that's the sad truth!
        That's why I want someone's official word on thism any dev? Gm? Something something?
        Also, warrior's shield... protects for 30% of the max HP. At our lvl and our BR let's say most people are above 400K HP, so let's take 400k HP as an example. It would be 120K of protection, heal would only heal you around 80-90ish something...

Also, may I say that since heal dosen't critical and it's based on the character's MATK it does 100% of the Matk, normal attacks do the same damage but get reduced by defense. But still, an archer doing normal attack resulting in critical with the proper catastrophe orbs could probably render your heal useless since they just took away from you all you healed in one turn.

They used no rage, they earned rage from using normal attack, also you lost rage and a turn(Since heal is such a weak skill).

The Grudge-Healing Light combo hasn't been seen in ages, it takes many turns and even more rage to get to cast it, with the following dangers:

1. It will heall all your teammates but if only one teammate has their HP below the percentage required for the skill it will activate and you will have lost 80 rage for healing just one person.

2. By the time the turns to cast it have passed, one of your teammates could have very well died, so it will also be a waste in that sense.

3. If you don't choose Grudge to go along with Healing Light, you will only be able to cast Healing Light once the damage output is increased due to all the turns that have passed, so your heal will be yet more useless since all other attacking skills will be making a much greater damage.

4. (I haven't personal tried this, but I'm pretty sure that's how it works) If you have Grudge because you want to be a good healign support mage... well, there is a chance you are going to waste a turn to get all that extra rage but you won't be able to use Healing Light if not later, so there's always the danger of wasting a turn for nothing.

5. Furthermore, later on the fight heals become the most dangerous, suppose you had Grudge and Healing Light, wasting a turn to use Grudge when the damage is increased at 100% could mean in the loss of the battle, and if that dosen't get the battle lost, using Healing Light for an ammount that will heal nowhere what your enemies are going to be attacking you for... Is as much of a waste.

Too many backsides to use those skills, even once they are fixed.
        Last edited by irunin; 07-23-2014, 07:00 PM.

Comment

I think the mage is on par with warrior. Yeah, warrior's thor shield can hold up to 120k HP, like you said, while mage heal only do 80-90k heal. But don't forget, mage has poison-like skill that hits very hard. It can hit the opponent by 20-30k, while warrior skills that similar to that only deals 720 or lower damage. Even the strike back only deal 10-20k. Not to mention that mages do magic attack. Magic attack usually dealt more damage than physical attack. I believe so, after looking the damage of demons at 7D. Demons that use physical attack deal less damage to the opponent, compare to the one that deal magic attack, even though their strength (Patk and Matk) is on the same level.

But i believe that archer is on a different level. With their high critical and shield breaker, they can deal massive damage to other classes, which is a very big advantage in PvP. Not to mention their disarm, which can reduced the opponent's damage by a lot.
          Last edited by rro123; 07-24-2014, 01:28 AM.

Comment

they need to add new skills btw ....tired with the obvious skill set formation -_-
            (-[>.<]-)

Comment

I think the reason Matk does more damage than Patk is Mdef is usually much lower than Pdef.

Comment

Exactly, people focus less on Mdef since there are two Patk classes. And yes, I agree, the archer has some obvious advantages, their Disarm reduces the enemy's attack by 20%. Not a few thousands or hundreds, 20%! That's a how lot of attack at higher BRs. Also, we all knew that diferent classes were supposed to have diferent advantages on the game. Mages seemed to be good support with their heal early game but now they have fallen behind and have nowhere to be.

Talking of archers, they have Flames of Rage AKA "Demon Invasion, here I come!" they have shield break that decreases the enemy's defense by a percentage(I think it's by %) when they critical (which is always at higher lvls) and they also have disarm
                Archers have disarm for team battles, they have Holy Land (Bosses mostly) and Demon Invasion in their pockets with their high critical, high citical damage and Flames of Rage.

Warriors are bulkier than mages, problem with warriors is very specific, for a highly useful PVP warrior you would want them to be tanky, specially if they are in a team.
                But that tanky warrior would face the consequences when doing solo stuff, specially DI or HL or other things that need attack to succeed and not just defense.

Thunder deals a good ammount of damage, that's right. But when the defense of the target you are attacking is kind of high it turns useless, what is the use of dealing 20k extra damage when your target has like 500.000 HP. When you would usually be doing something around 100-200k damage to your enemy with your attacks, that little extra damage wouldn't be as useful as a good heal.
                OH BTW mage's regen per turn passive can turn other mage's Thunder useless since teammates can heal back the small damage from Thunder if they have a good HP and defense, I would rather have Flames of Rage AKA The Birdie hahaha

We need new skills that's true, but we also need the new ones fixed, what are you gonna do when archers have 5 useful skills and can make many diferent combinations and you're left with the predictible mage skills?

Heal needs a rework! Can some R2 people come check on this please?

Comment

Mage's abbilitys

Originally posted by irunin View Post
                  Hahaha that's the sad truth!
                  That's why I want someone's official word on thism any dev? Gm? Something something?
                  Also, warrior's shield... protects for 30% of the max HP. At our lvl and our BR let's say most people are above 400K HP, so let's take 400k HP as an example. It would be 120K of protection, heal would only heal you around 80-90ish something...

Also, may I say that since heal dosen't critical and it's based on the character's MATK it does 100% of the Matk, normal attacks do the same damage but get reduced by defense. But still, an archer doing normal attack resulting in critical with the proper catastrophe orbs could probably render your heal useless since they just took away from you all you healed in one turn.

They used no rage, they earned rage from using normal attack, also you lost rage and a turn(Since heal is such a weak skill).

The Grudge-Healing Light combo hasn't been seen in ages, it takes many turns and even more rage to get to cast it, with the following dangers:

1. It will heall all your teammates but if only one teammate has their HP below the percentage required for the skill it will activate and you will have lost 80 rage for healing just one person.

2. By the time the turns to cast it have passed, one of your teammates could have very well died, so it will also be a waste in that sense.

3. If you don't choose Grudge to go along with Healing Light, you will only be able to cast Healing Light once the damage output is increased due to all the turns that have passed, so your heal will be yet more useless since all other attacking skills will be making a much greater damage.

4. (I haven't personal tried this, but I'm pretty sure that's how it works) If you have Grudge because you want to be a good healign support mage... well, there is a chance you are going to waste a turn to get all that extra rage but you won't be able to use Healing Light if not later, so there's always the danger of wasting a turn for nothing.

5. Furthermore, later on the fight heals become the most dangerous, suppose you had Grudge and Healing Light, wasting a turn to use Grudge when the damage is increased at 100% could mean in the loss of the battle, and if that dosen't get the battle lost, using Healing Light for an ammount that will heal nowhere what your enemies are going to be attacking you for... Is as much of a waste.

Too many backsides to use those skills, even once they are fixed.

I have to say irunin that i totaly agree with you on this one .......the grudge is worthless couse you waist a turn for nothing. and the healing light doesn't even seems to be all that, it has one turn and then ...you have to do it with all the strength that you have . The grudge i used only in the HL.....and even there is worthless....besides that not using it, same goes for the healing light.
                  Deff i hope they fix this one and give us mages a skill that will do some good damage. Thanks for pointing it out !!

Comment

It's funny how some threads get an answer 3 hours after they have been created or even sooner and no one has even came across this one

Comment

It's funny how some threads get an answer 3 hours after they have been created or even sooner and no one has even came across this one
                      What answer you want to receive? I'm fine playing mage with heal and dont see issue with it?
                      Heal has a place where it can and should be applied, if it will be buffed mage will become broken and overpowered.
                      Last edited by Alkaris; 07-25-2014, 10:23 AM.

Comment

Single target heal might be useful in some extremely specific situations, but the sounding proove that Healing Light is useless and so is Grudge is that no self respecting mage uses it.
                        Let's take Cross Server Challenges as an example, people will try to do anything to win. How weird no mage uses those skills. Maybe because they are broken and useless, so, are they going to get fixed or are the people who can change the skill going to give it a look please? That would be rad!

Comment

Let's take Cross Server Challenges as an example, people will try to do anything to win. How weird no mage uses those skills.
                          But you can use other skills with which you can win? So where is the problem?
                          If you cant make those skills work, doesnt means that they dont work for other players with some team compositions.

Comment

Okay... But there is no possible team composition where a mage's Healing Light could work, for all the reasons I've mentioned mostly. The problem is that other classes have various useful skills and that creates diferent combinations and diferent team compositions.
                            A 3 archers team has much of a chance than a 3 mages team for example. And the point still remains, Archers are good at Demon Invasion and doing damage, Warriors are good at tanking and have a skill that makes enemies attack them for ultimate extreme team protection, Mages suck
                            I want mages to have something, it used to be healing before people got so OP, can't they fix that? Or just add another level for higher lvl mages, since at low levels it was ok, I mean the first months.

Comment

Okay... But there is no possible team composition where a mage's Healing Light could work, for all the reasons I've mentioned mostly. The problem is that other classes have various useful skills and that creates diferent combinations and diferent team compositions.
                              A 3 archers team has much of a chance than a 3 mages team for example. And the point still remains, Archers are good at Demon Invasion and doing damage, Warriors are good at tanking and have a skill that makes enemies attack them for ultimate extreme team protection, Mages suck
                              I want mages to have something, it used to be healing before people got so OP, can't they fix that? Or just add another level for higher lvl mages, since at low levels it was ok, I mean the first months.
                              Then what about 3 warrior team then they will just tank and tank but not much damage done.

Comment

Working...
                              X