Announcement

Collapse

R2 LOGIN ISSUES

For recent R2 login issues, please log in through the website starting with "https": https://www.r2games.com. In addition, the bookmark of the saved URL may still contain the word "http", please change it to "https". If this does not work for you, please clear the cache and cookies to complete the most recent update, or try again with another browser. Thank you.
See more
See less

Oceania merger....opinions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oceania merger....opinions

Recently Oceania was merged into 1 giant server with the newest servers being thrown in with the older ones (20 servers into 1). As a player on 2 of the newer servers I am struggling to see why this was done. I am not against mergers as they are useful to keep older servers alive, my complaint is that servers with max BR's of 250-350k are expected to cope with being dished up to servers with max BR's of 740k as snacks (yummy).

The top 100 players have 250k BR making our poor server look like a bunch of kindergarteners. TH is now a waste of time unless you have >400K BR. DCM is majorly overcrowded and dominated by cowardly level sitters that prey on much weaker players rather than fight with people who they might stand a chance against (ie each other). The lucky list is full of lvl 60+ players all the way to position 461. DI usually has 80-100 people in it....not much of a fight really. I used to be able to get to lvl 4 or 5 in LC but now I can't even complete the 2nd lvl.

Most of my friends have stopped playing and I am considering doing the same. There is no new server to migrate to, not that I want to do that for a 3rd time anyway. Surely it would be more logical to merge newer servers into 1 group and older ones into another. And why are we the only region that was completely combined, except for the oldest (not sure why it was saved)? Maybe we should start an unmerge thread so people who believe a mistake was made can be heard too.

i aint on the oceania server im usa east and people are pretty much thinking the same here to... average br went from 350k to 500k with the top br being 1 million the strongest after the merge. I think the servers should have maybe merged together more slowly or/and have done a few more rewarding events to each server to try and even the server br out to balance them alot better for the merge to take place.

Comment

... Why on the server list page are there multiple servers showing still?

I thought that ALL of the oceanic servers were merging from what everyone was saying.
      From the looks of it it's several of them being merged while there are still several more open.

I can see it being annoying as hell but... I will say that people should try and make the most of it, everyone's in the same boat. Everyone's having to reassess how they play the game.
      DP - [S1]Kearlynne - FairyTail
      [S155]Sallefina [Inactive]

LoA - [S1] Kearlynne [Inactive]

MK -[S26] Taro

Comment

Although there are 21 servers still showing we are all combined into 1 except S2 (lucky). We are all in the same boat, we are crammed in like sardines....except the older servers are in 1st class and the younger ones are stuck in the cargo hold.

We didn't even get to do guild battle because only the top 8 servers can do it.....so no bravery points (tough luck for the other 10 big guilds). Our guild was level 7 but is now officially dead and the people who haven't quite in disgust are scattered into other guilds. Trying to improve my character's BR is extremely difficult as I can't earn many dragon & gold coins since we are massacred in DCM and TH. I can't upgrade my medal because I can no longer get more than 1st tier done in LC.

I was a VIP but I am not renewing it and am not even sure I want to keep on playing at the moment. Other players are saying I should start from scratch and remake my character but I am not going to waste more money and time starting all over again.

I am sad to say I was pushing for a merge to save our server but what they did to us by throwing our very young server in with the oldest ones is cruel. Please reconsider and reorganise our merged server. I know Oceania is only a small region compared to your big cash cows but surely it isn't too much to ask that we have 2 groups of merged servers rather than 1 big mess.
        Last edited by LadyJayne12; 08-12-2014, 10:12 PM.

Comment

I'm from server 100 oceanic its a relatively new server my toon has 400k but then the rest of my guild is near the 100k br and my guild is on the guild battle bored so i have no complaints about my self but i know a lot of people that are having tubule copping with the server merge. i liked the server merge even thought i can't get higher in br or anything as fast and a lot of the people we merged with are very nice and will gladly help others with there mp th or other things my guild has already accepted 3 other guilds into it already (AlphStar) so even if your at a disadvantage there is a lot of benefits like the generous hero and things that wouldn't have been done if not for the merge. my server needed a merge even thought lots of us got weaker from it we only had about 5-10 people in di and i might not make as many amethysts from di or things but if you talk with the other members you will find it not as bad if you look on the bright side of it bottom line for it is that there are a lot of ways to have fun without the ideas of it being so unfair you could join a new guild make new friends in that guild and a lot more but most people only look at the fact they are weak and that the game is being unfair to them (also sorry for rambling a bit) but if you keep at the server you will find it fun latter on instead of quitting right of the bat like this (one benefit is the 60+ things like happy fight where i can finally get more things in it

Comment

I would imagine that 400k br puts you in at least a top 50 position?

At this point you should be able to 1. get a decent amount of amethyst in DI and 2. win an acceptable portion in TH

As long as you aren't at the bottom, merging servers might actually help your growth.
            DI would probably give more returns since you can fight all 6 waves instead of just 3.
            In TH, you are also more likely to meet people weaker than you as compared to a relatively empty server with only the hardcore players left.

You have to consider all the players from newer servers, who are used to being the strongest, being reduced to mere fodder for others.
            They can't win a lot from DI as it finishes too fast and become speed bumps in TH/DC.
            Nobody invests time and money into a game with the aim of becoming stepping stones for others.

Comment

as i said before i might be strong but my guild is weak i help them before i help myself in any event th or other wise di i don't make even half as much as before merge but its still useable i save it till i get a lot then i do things with it i have members in my guild not even at 50k yet and there doing just fine there are getting lots of things from the people who spend and they also get things from the th and di enough for there level to get higher br. i don't care about the spending you have a choice to spend or not on the game it never said you have to but i know people that still have a fun time in the game without money they just have more fun then they just have to work on it more and it'll get there
              i never said i didn't do well but I'm talking about my guild in a whole since we are one if one person is strong the rest is strong we are as strong as are weakest member
              Last edited by godcolee; 08-13-2014, 08:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by LadyJayne12 View Post
                Although there are 21 servers still showing we are all combined into 1 except S2 (lucky). We are all in the same boat, we are crammed in like sardines....except the older servers are in 1st class and the younger ones are stuck in the cargo hold.
                Oh well... that sucks, I thought the change would have reflected within the server list. Well...

Here's hoping it gets better for you all.
                DP - [S1]Kearlynne - FairyTail
                [S155]Sallefina [Inactive]

LoA - [S1] Kearlynne [Inactive]

MK -[S26] Taro

Comment

Working...
                X