Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Forum PMs and Mail

Due to an error in the current version of vBulletin, most are experiencing errors with the private messaging system. Please do not send moderators private messages for assistance at this time. If you have an issue that requires privacy, let us know in your new post or thread and we will work with you to find another option. Thanks - The Moderation Team.
2 of 2 < >

R2 LOGIN ISSUES

For recent R2 login issues, please log in through the website starting with "https": https://www.r2games.com. In addition, the bookmark of the saved URL may still contain the word "http", please change it to "https". If this does not work for you, please clear the cache and cookies to complete the most recent update, or try again with another browser. Thank you.
See more
See less

Socketing! and Dragon stats for archers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Socketing! and Dragon stats for archers

Just wandering what are the best Gems to use and where should I put stat boost on dragons for my archer?

Thanks in advance

patk, hp, crit for common

Comment

PATK and crit gems for sure. then for now most archers use HP, quite useful on early game.
      Dragons are basically all but MATK... PATK comes first. Archers are squishie, their strength come from their offense, so you got to up it as much as possible.
      Then HP and both PDEF and MDEF are also necessary if you want to survive~

Comment

boost your patk and crit, for the rest you can choose hp or def
        Nickname :Silfarion
        Job : Mage
        Server : [S2] Azure Coast (Oceanic)

Comment

i play westhollow server and the best way with your gems are
          10 x hp gem
          10 x patk gem
          6 x crit gem
          4 x mdef gem

this way you have a good attack rating and a good defence against mage
          For your orbs you take for lvl 40+
          1 x hp orb
          2 x patk orb
          1 x mdef orb
          1x pdef orb
          1 x crit orb
          1 x crit def orb
          1 x xx % ignoring damage orb
          at lvl 50 you can have 10 orbs
          Then you take the same orbs as above and the next 2 orbs
          1x crit base damage increase by xx %
          1 x damage wave has reach xx %

You will see that you can attack strong mage / archer and warriors
          I have tried all kind of things and the above is for me the best solution.
          S8-Captive Amora
          IGN-DWPOHKP
          Guild Godly-Deputy Leader
          Alli- BloodAoth-Veteran
          Br- 6755708

Comment

No. An archer needs 10 crit gem and 2 crit orbs.
            Archers have crit increase skill and crit damage % skill. They're squishy, their strong points is attack. An archer will get his defense from a good gear, refinement, orbs and dragons.

I'm an archer level 56, using PATK gems x10, crit gems x10, HP gems x8, crit gems x2.
            My orbs are:
            Assassin x2,
            Barbarian x2,
            Catastrophe x2,
            Mountain x2,
            Grace x1,
            Force Field x1
            Because I still have a good base defense. If you don't, you can replace one or two per defense orbs, but never replace the attack and crit orbs.
            And Catastrophe orbs is pretty useless till you have at least 2.5k crit or so (no point critting harder if you can't crit)
            For my refinement, I try to have crit level 10 and PATK level 10 on every equipments. Then you want to go for STR and END for the extra PATK/PDEF and HP. Then I usually go for PDEF/MDEF. Then crit def. Crit def is important too, but at this stage you can't really work well on it without sacrificing attack, crit, or HP, which in the end would be worse. I try to put my refinement to level 8-10. Use a lot of money, but definitely worth it.
            I have 4 dragons, I try to make their level about the same, but usually my PATK levels are a big higher, it's what I work on the most. And I have all buffs at lvl 4... If you work on STR buff and STR in refinement, your base PDEF will be high enough without using PDEF orbs (I have like 100-200 less defense than people using defense orbs, and have more damages since using crit/PATK/crit damage)

grrantry I believe you're from S1, look at the rangers in like the top 20-30 of level/BR, you'll see they all use PATK, crit, then at least 6-8 HP gems. It's simply because we tried it out and that's what works the best to DPS well without dying right away (HP is better than def imo because several times I lost to people with less attack, less crit, less defense, but they had a bit more HP >>)

Comment

thanks for the tips guys

Comment

Originally posted by Itmoc_L View Post
                Archers have crit increase skill and crit damage % skill. They're squishy, their strong points is attack. An archer will get his defense from a good gear, refinement, orbs and dragons.

I'm an archer level 56, using PATK gems x10, crit gems x10, HP gems x8, crit gems x2.
                My orbs are:
                Assassin x2,
                Barbarian x2,
                Catastrophe x2,
                Mountain x2,
                Grace x1,
                Force Field x1
                Because I still have a good base defense. If you don't, you can replace one or two per defense orbs, but never replace the attack and crit orbs.
                And Catastrophe orbs is pretty useless till you have at least 2.5k crit or so (no point critting harder if you can't crit)
                For my refinement, I try to have crit level 10 and PATK level 10 on every equipments. Then you want to go for STR and END for the extra PATK/PDEF and HP. Then I usually go for PDEF/MDEF. Then crit def. Crit def is important too, but at this stage you can't really work well on it without sacrificing attack, crit, or HP, which in the end would be worse. I try to put my refinement to level 8-10. Use a lot of money, but definitely worth it.
                I have 4 dragons, I try to make their level about the same, but usually my PATK levels are a big higher, it's what I work on the most. And I have all buffs at lvl 4... If you work on STR buff and STR in refinement, your base PDEF will be high enough without using PDEF orbs (I have like 100-200 less defense than people using defense orbs, and have more damages since using crit/PATK/crit damage)

grrantry I believe you're from S1, look at the rangers in like the top 20-30 of level/BR, you'll see they all use PATK, crit, then at least 6-8 HP gems. It's simply because we tried it out and that's what works the best to DPS well without dying right away (HP is better than def imo because several times I lost to people with less attack, less crit, less defense, but they had a bit more HP >>)
                I was talking about archer untill level 55
                from lvl 55 you need the above.
                S8-Captive Amora
                IGN-DWPOHKP
                Guild Godly-Deputy Leader
                Alli- BloodAoth-Veteran
                Br- 6755708

Comment

Good Tips It Help me out to ^_^
                  S2 Azure Cost Player ^_^

Name: CarlosFlow
                  Class:Archer
                  Level: 40

Comment

whats the use of wave orbs?

Comment

Originally posted by Scorpionrose View Post
                      I was talking about archer untill level 55
                      from lvl 55 you need the above.
                      ignore this post
                      Last edited by grrantry; 07-04-2013, 09:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Itmoc_L View Post

My orbs are:
                        Assassin x2,
                        Barbarian x2,
                        Catastrophe x2,
                        Mountain x2,
                        Grace x1,
                        Force Field x1

YOu have crit Gem there twice which is which

Comment

Originally posted by grrantry View Post
                          YOu have crit Gem there twice which is which
                          The 10 crit gems is regular crit gem.
                          The 2 Crit Gem at the end is Crit Defense Gem.

I noticed that Crit Defence is a straight % and not an actual number modifier, or that crit chance has a huge diminish return.
                          At 4600 crit I have a hard time critting people with like 1-1.5k crit defense.

I'm running

2x Assassin
                          2x Barbarian
                          2x Catastrophe
                          Last 2 (2x mountain, 2x force field, 2x Nosferatu, 2x Apocalypse)

Gems is the same 10x Attack, 10x Crit, 8x HP, 2x Crit Defence ( 10HP and 2x Crit Def if you're under lvl 50, or lvl 60+) - Use Legendary Jewlery if you have it (lvl 20) or use lvl 60 perfect (4 slots)

Grace - Horrible... doesn't scale well with level. You'll be stuck at 4.5k or 6k hp a piece unless you want to drop a LOAD of money. Great starting orb, but for late game; DO NOT run them compared to the others.

2x Mountain - Nice chance of negating damage.
                          2x Force Field - Stop a lot of people's damage in their tracks especially since you'll have crit defence which prevents them from critting multiple times. Things feel more like pinches instead of punches.
                          2x Apocalypse - Used for Demon Invasion, Guild Temple, all the stuff that doesn't one shot you. (adds a large amount of damage if proc'ed)
                          2x Nosferatu - Great for tower progression since the tower mobs simply have a lot of life, and doesn't actually HURT like the bosses, so with the AoE from you, you'll get some nice procs and cancel out a lot of damage.

Comment

Originally posted by R219301890 View Post
                            The 10 crit gems is regular crit gem.
                            The 2 Crit Gem at the end is Crit Defense Gem.

I noticed that Crit Defence is a straight % and not an actual number modifier, or that crit chance has a huge diminish return.
                            At 4600 crit I have a hard time critting people with like 1-1.5k crit defense.

I'm running

2x Assassin
                            2x Barbarian
                            2x Catastrophe
                            Last 2 (2x mountain, 2x force field, 2x Nosferatu, 2x Apocalypse)

Gems is the same 10x Attack, 10x Crit, 8x HP, 2x Crit Defence ( 10HP and 2x Crit Def if you're under lvl 50, or lvl 60+) - Use Legendary Jewlery if you have it (lvl 20) or use lvl 60 perfect (4 slots)

Grace - Horrible... doesn't scale well with level. You'll be stuck at 4.5k or 6k hp a piece unless you want to drop a LOAD of money. Great starting orb, but for late game; DO NOT run them compared to the others.

2x Mountain - Nice chance of negating damage.
                            2x Force Field - Stop a lot of people's damage in their tracks especially since you'll have crit defence which prevents them from critting multiple times. Things feel more like pinches instead of punches.
                            2x Apocalypse - Used for Demon Invasion, Guild Temple, all the stuff that doesn't one shot you. (adds a large amount of damage if proc'ed)
                            2x Nosferatu - Great for tower progression since the tower mobs simply have a lot of life, and doesn't actually HURT like the bosses, so with the AoE from you, you'll get some nice procs and cancel out a lot of damage.
                            is apocalypse can use at arena?

Comment

Grace orb is horrible you gotta be kidding i get 18k hp from my 2 lvl 8 grace orbs thats over 10 percent of my hp no way would i choose something over them well not at this stage

Comment

Working...
                              X